Super 8: 22nd Match England v West Indies

I felt first 80 runs from 9 overs was a bit harsh for West Indies, especially since England scored 161-6 after 20 overs (runrate just over 8). But after I saw that West Indies had to score just about 9 runs an over I felt the target was pretty OK.

Sarwan and Chanderpaul should have jointly named Man of the Match. They both made a great contribution in the end.

Anyway, West Indies are now in the semi-final and I think that's better then what they've expected.

We were, Lee. Can't argue with that logic.

Using a scientific formula:

Success + Victory = Luck + Bitterness
Success - Victory = Bitterness - Luck
Success = Luck - Bitterness
Success + Bitterness = Luck
Bitterness - Success = bcvstheworld

I won't even pretend to know what I'm doing here.

Making Einstein turn in his grave?

Stuart broad has recently been doing various unprofessional things, distracting the batsman being one of them. No wonder his dad's not the match referee when he is playing.must be a disgrace.there also has been an off field controversy with graeme swann i guess. I'm not sure. Stuart broad is not a good professional. That's for sure.

I felt first 80 runs from 9 overs was a bit harsh for West Indies, especially since England scored 161-6 after 20 overs (runrate just over 8). But after I saw that West Indies had to score just about 9 runs an over I felt the target was pretty OK.

Sarwan and Chanderpaul should have jointly named Man of the Match. They both made a great contribution in the end.

Anyway, West Indies are now in the semi-final and I think that's better then what they've expected.

How is 80 from 54 balls with 10 wickets 'harsh'?

Considering 1/3 of the 9 overs were PowerPlays and the original asking rate after 20 overs was 8.1?

Stuart broad has recently been doing various unprofessional things, distracting the batsman being one of them. No wonder his dad's not the match referee when he is playing.must be a disgrace.there also has been an off field controversy with graeme swann i guess. I'm not sure. Stuart broad is not a good professional. That's for sure.

LOL, now that is really grasping at straws. Go to bed, kiddo

T20 is all about innovation, Broad has been trying such innovations as bowling around the wicket and the pointing thing. He was told off for the pointing and did not do it today. His father is not the match referee when he is playing because he can't be, Chris Broad is English. And I'd love you to shed light on this off field thing with Graeme Swann?

If everyone had listened to Colly this would never have happened.

Putting my unqualified faith in Collingwood's captaincy aside, I AM GUTTED. Dad and I were watching and we literaly have no nails. We find ourselves asking why are we so inconsistent? How can we beat India and Pakistan but loose to (with the greatest respect) Holland and the West Indies - a team we were having for lunch a month a go.

Something is wrong, we lack bite and we lack boll***s. What did the Aussie's do in 05? didn't they go to the outback for a month living on nothing but Dingo offal to 'toughen them up'. Send our lot to Everest. They are such talented players but the most fustrating bunch of people ever! Before we start playing flash double reverse paddle switch cover hooks, we need to have a solid base, a solid team and one that doesnt bottle it.

England you need to pull your finger out because every ball in the Ashes is going to be as intense as that, and If you bottle it then, my passionate anger will excrete to more than just an off the fly post on a forum.

And Collingwood.... you were really good:rolleyes:

STFU about Chris Broad n00bs. He is superman. He went all Rambo on them terrorists.

He took Steroids and said 'Arhrrhr hrhrhr hrhrhr'?

For the Windies?

If anything it was harsh on England. In T20 cricket I don't feel there should be rain reduced games, it just turns into a farce.

T20 is all about innovation, Broad has been trying such innovations as bowling around the wicket and the pointing thing. He was told off for the pointing and did not do it today. His father is not the match referee when he is playing because he can't be, Chris Broad is English. And I'd love you to shed light on this off field thing with Graeme Swann?

This guy seems to have a inside source for a lot of international teams.

Riiiiiight. So, batsmen can shuffle about in their crease, switch hit and make the bowler pull away from his run up, but the bowler can't bloody point?? Even the pundits on TV agreed that the ruling was BS. As for Stuart Broad not being a good professional? He's on course to become an extremely useful all rounder for England. You quite obviously haven't got the faintest idea of what you're on about, have you?

Anyway, back to the match. Huge mistake by us not to go in with a hitter down the order and why isn't Napier being given a chance? Can't remember who it was against, but I saw him play the most explosive Twenty20 innings I've seen and I remember thinking 'hope he plays for England'! Still, England were much improved at Twenty20 in this tournament, especially the bowling side. Batting needs work in the middle overs; how many balls was it between boundaries at one point? You just can't do that in Twenty20.

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

For the Windies?

If anything it was harsh on England. In T20 cricket I don't feel there should be rain reduced games, it just turns into a farce.

Agreed. I mean, there are floodlights for God's sake! Why make these retarded regulations that the match has to end at a certain time? I'm sure the fans would rather see a whole match even if it does mean staying a bit late and I would've loved to have seen what the outcome would've been had it been a full twenty overs, because the fact is, our bowling in the first five or six overs was magnificent.

Now, bring on the Ashes, we're better at Test cricket anyway.

Good luck Windies in the semis.

Users who are viewing this thread