PlanetCricket Award Winner
Rajini Murugan, Family entertainer 3/5.
Kathakali, over rated, but still 3.5/5.
Yet to watch Gethu...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Rajini Murugan - Good timepass entertainer! Not as good as VVS (Varthapadatha Valibar Sangam) but on its own, it was fun. Sivakarthikeyan was rollicking with his comedy and Soori was back in form after a disastrous outing in Vedhalam. Rajkiran was decent, the heroine Keerthi Suresh looked gorgeous and eye candy. The songs fit the genre of the film pretty well, with "Ennama Ipdi Panreengala Ma" the chartbuster. 3.5/5

Thanga Magan - Watchable film, but an overdose of TV serial style emotions and a weak story with various hangovers of '3' and 'Velai Illa Pattadhaari'. Dhanush is very good in the first half with all the Amy Jackson and comedy portions, but he lacked the maturity to handle the marital romance with Samantha and the drama of the second half. Satish rocked in a few of the one liners he delivered in the first half but he was largely underused. The music is becoming repetitive, with Anirudh rehashing every bit of his vintage tunes. KS Ravikumar and Radhika were also not used properly, but KSR did a great job in whatever time he was given in the film. 2.5/5

KrishnamurthiN

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pichaikaaran starring Vijay Antony, a nice movie based on a true story. Good storyline portraying the love of a son for his mother and the life of beggars. Great direction by sasi and you have to laud the cinematographer for the rain scene alone... Overall a good movie to watch... I would give it a 3 on 5..

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
'Theri' - Nice timepass but just at that. Has possibly the best looking Vijay out of his whole career and possibly one of his most refined ever performance as an emotional cop and a loving father. Refreshing to see him play roles like this. He was out of his comfort zone and yet he delivers pretty big. The film is pulled down by a very deja vu storyline. Nothing novel about it at all. The screenplay has its ups and downs but its harmless. The songs are superb and the picturization even better. The cinematography is the biggest plus of the film, with it giving a very Shankar movie feel. Nainika (Meena's daughter, who plays Vijay's daughter in the film) is superb and so is director Mahendran who plays the lead villian. He gives a terrific performance (remember he is the guy who gave classics for Rajinikanth like Mullum Malarum).

3.2/5

KrishnamurthiN

Club Captain
Me and @MadhavanGovind's next short film.
Please watch it and let me know your honest feedback guys... This is me and my friend's attempt to create another short film.

RPHKR

National Board President
Watched Idhu Namma Aalu. It's a 'vetty ya irundha paaklaam' kind of movie.
First half was superb. Second half was terrible. But okay overall.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
Iraivi - a great script well narrated & it's crew did their job perfectly. 4.8/5
Oru Naal Koothu - a very good movie with a decent ending. 3.5/5

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Kabali songs - Extremely well polished album by Santosh!! Has the typical necessary mass tracks for Rajni, but the best ones are the melodies where the real Santosh peeks through. Maya Nadhi and Vaanam Paarthen are beautifully sung and arranged minimalistically. Neruppu Da is the fan favorite and is the track that will keep blasting all over Tamil Nadu for the next 6 months or so. Overall, Santosh perfectly balances between his sensibilities and the needs of Rajinikanth. 4/5

RPHKR

National Board President
Nenjam Marapadhillai - Yuvan Selva combo proved it once again. Broke the grounds. Wow.

Varun7

Batman
Profile Flag
India
Any one is still here to talk about tamil films like Mersal

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Any one is still here to talk about tamil films like Mersal

Well our Tamil movie fans haven't been active here in PC.

I didnt like Mersal very much, though it had its moments of entertainment in decent spurts. The story was severely aged and had a heavy hangover of umpteen films from the 90's (Aboorva Sagodharargal hangover, also with traces of Murugadoss and Shankar films). Songs were good but the background score for an AR Rahman film was hugely underwhelming. Vijay was very good as usual (I am a Vijay fan) and the other actors did what they were asked for. I found Theri (last film of Vijay-Atlee before Mersal) to be way way better.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Saw Dhuruvangal Pathinaaru yesterday. It was pretty good. Suspense throughout the film.

Users who are viewing this thread