Tamil Music/Movie Thread

RPHKR

National Board President
Logging in after a long time. The Tamil cinema has really changed nowadays with scripts being considered important.
Waiting for Vada Chennai. Hyped up!
Missing old dudes like Sai Srini, Madhavan Govind, Epic and many more friends this forum gave me.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Logging in after a long time. The Tamil cinema has really changed nowadays with scripts being considered important.
Waiting for Vada Chennai. Hyped up!
Missing old dudes like Sai Srini, Madhavan Govind, Epic and many more friends this forum gave me.

I am here only, mate! Due to the non-existence of discussions, I have not participated much in the last few months/year.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I am really waiting for some Tamil film music to release. Especially waiting for the following albums:

1) Sarvam Thaala Mayam (AR Rahman - Rajiv Menon)
2) Chekka Chivantha Vaanam (Mani Ratnam - AR Rahman)
3) Dhruva Natchathiram (Gautham Menon - Harris Jayaraj)
4) Thalapathy 62 (AR Murugadoss - Vijay - AR Rahman)
5) NGK (Selvaraghavan - Yuvan - Suriya)

RPHKR

National Board President
Marana waiting for NGK. I hope Selva cracks it this time and gives a hit.
PS: I'm sounding like you Srini like you always root for Mani Ratnam.[DOUBLEPOST=1527860758][/DOUBLEPOST]I've given up on GVM. Crappy same style movies on and on.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Marana waiting for NGK. I hope Selva cracks it this time and gives a hit.
PS: I'm sounding like you Srini like you always root for Mani Ratnam.[DOUBLEPOST=1527860758][/DOUBLEPOST]I've given up on GVM. Crappy same style movies on and on.

GVM is a lot more glossy these days but the music in his films have only gotten better and better (it was already sensational to start with, right from the Minnale days). One thing you always get in a GVM film, is exceptional music. The man has such a taste for good music. Even in Accham Enbadhu Madamaiyada, ARR gave brilliant music even though it was not upto the lofty standards of VTV. Same with Yennai Arindhaal which though was not upto the lofty standards of Kaakha Kaakha or Vettaiyaadu, still had great music. As for his films, if he does not make a soapy love story, he delivers better results. For e.g. his Yennai Arindhaal was better than Achcham Enbadhu. He does better with serious films and the action packed ones.

I will never give up on Mani Ratnam. Some film makers just get so deep rooted into your ecosystem that its so hard to get rid of them. I didnt enjoy his recent works like Kaatru Veliyidai and Kadal but OK Kanmani gave me hope that Mani is still relevant. And if GVM comes from the school of 'good taste in music', Mani Ratnam is the headmaster of that school. His combo with AR Rahman is legendary even today and continues churning out great music.

Actually I have more hope in NGK's music than on the film. I am not a huge fan of Selva. I liked Kadhal Konden and parts of 7G but that's about it.

RPHKR

National Board President
What a year of Tamil cinema
96, Ratsasan, Pariyerum Perumal and Vada Chennai!!!

Merku Thodarchi Malai was also a classic

Pumped up for Maatri 2 :P tomorrow

@SaiSrini

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Pariyerum Perumal was really good.. Saw it on Amazon Prime..

Is 96 in any online streaming site? Legit ones I mean..

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
What a year of Tamil cinema
96, Ratsasan, Pariyerum Perumal and Vada Chennai!!!

Merku Thodarchi Malai was also a classic

Pumped up for Maatri 2 :P tomorrow

@SaiSrini

I haven't watched Pariyerum Perumal and Merku Thodarchi Malai yet. All of the rest (96, Ratchasan, Vada Chennai) were just brilliant!! Especially I loved '96' so much that I've watched it umpteen times now. Watched 2.0, and felt it was very average and not worth the hype. Well it made money for itself which is good considering the insane amount of money pumped into it. I liked Sarkar for most part, though they dragged it post interval. But definitely, not close to Thuppakki or Kaththi's quality.

I am not excited too much about Maari-2 as I did not like the first one itself. I am very excited about Seethakathi (Vijay Sethupathi) which is releasing same day. And the movie has got excellent reviews already. Unfortunately only one show of Seethakathi where I live and it got done last night and I couldn't go. Waiting to see if they add shows or I will watch it legally online.

And of course, the biggie is coming next month, PETTA! After a long long time, a completely vintage and Baasha style 'Rajinikanth' film. And the songs have been great so far for Petta. I don't care about Viswasam as I am not a fan of Ajith in the rural genre.

Pariyerum Perumal was really good.. Saw it on Amazon Prime..

Is 96 in any online streaming site? Legit ones I mean..

Try Tentkotta, maybe? I dont think its on the big players (Amazon Prime or Netflix) yet.

Last edited:

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
And of course, the biggie is coming next month, PETTA! After a long long time, a completely vintage and Baasha style 'Rajinikanth' film. And the songs have been great so far for Petta. I don't care about Viswasam as I am not a fan of Ajith in the rural genre.
Baasha is irreplacable.. But good to see Rajini in his old classic style..That to along with Vijay Sethupathy and Nawazuddin Siddiqui is just awesome combo.. Looking forward to that..

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
How many of them are excited for Thalapathi 63

After Mersal, I am tired of Atlee. But I will watch the film for Vijay (I still have a soft corner for him, though I don't classify myself as a die hard Vijay fan anymore). Can't understand this need to repeat Atlee every other film. After Raja Rani, Atlee has worked back to back with Vijay for 3 films. I feel Atlee will suit a younger actor like Sivakarthikeyan or Arya better.

I am disappointed that Vijay is overusing AR Rahman. There was a time when ARR almost never used to work with Vijay, but now he is doing 3 movies back to back (Mersal, Sarkar, Thalapathy 63). And both Mersal and Sarkar did not have music befitting ARR's stature, though there were a few catchy ones like Aalaporaan Thamizhan, Oru Viral Puratchi and Neethane.

For him to look like 63? :p

Ajith fan, are you? :p

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Ajith fan, are you? :p
:lol prefer Ajith over Vijay thats all.. But always our thalaivar preferred..

Ajith has a class in the things he does.. Vijay is more for the mass but he is just too much trying political stuff with his movies, becoming like Vijayakanth...:p

Users who are viewing this thread