TAOC Discussion

hi guys, just letting you all know the screens are still coming...just ironing out some little glitches...hopefully ready soon...

excellent LM cant wait for the screenshots :) awesome work mate

looking forward to these screens, will be a huge step forward for the project when new models/animations and all fielders and players are present, its crazy to think back to the days when the batsman and bowlers were on the pitch all alone, without even a crowd or adboards!!

really looking forward to the screens... hate to be a bother, but are you implying soon as in a few hours, or soon as in a few days?

gotta keep the original video to show how far this game has progressed

rickyp said:
really looking forward to the screens... hate to be a bother, but are you implying soon as in a few hours, or soon as in a few days?

released last night - check out the Game Screenz thread ;)

Will_NA said:
will there be another vid released soon?

there will be, but once i have gotten all fielders animating and fixed up all the animations to work ingame for the new models..this process is taking a little longer than expected, but shouldn't be too far away...maybe a week more?

LM, you say this game will be very editable, but how editable would that be? of course you will have the code hidden i assume so no one can tweak the actual game.

its obvious the usual things will be editable, stumps, pitch ads, overlays, bats, kits and the likes etc... But i was wondering about things like geometry, i mean - will people (skilled stadium makers more than likely ;) be able to make stadiums in whatever the compatible program is and release them to the community in a zip file and we can choose to import them if you want that stadium? im sure with a huge community we have there will be high demand for this sort of thing - similar to the pro evolution soccer community, for pro evo i think i have every stadium i could ever want and the number you can have is unlimited (obviously a big hard drive is needed - a stadium is usually about 5MB tho so not to bad), in that community people just have a go at a new stadium and they can be imported one by one through your own preference ( i think i have around 280+). Also this option could also allow us to edit stadium characteristics e.g. the way the pitch plays as you mentioned before that you have stats for every stadium.

the geometry thing is interesting, most cricket games dont allow this, but i hope you can leave the game as 'open' as possible without giving the whole game away. Another thing that interests me is the sounds, if they could be left open, we could convert any sounds possible and add them, commentary patches will be possible, im sure our commentators will be great, but also some people will want real commentators in there, obviously its illegal for you to put them straight in, but nothing says we cant personally edit them after release. Other sounds like chants/ music and all sorts would be great to edit aswell.

this is the reason why as long as you get the core game playing like you want it, with the perfectly realistic gameplay and intelligent AI/rules you are hoping to create, the opened nature of the game that is available for editors will make sure its going to be great with regards to the aesthetics too, so in reality id say theres no need for you to worry too much later on about all the eye candy, our community is great at that sort of thing. :cheers

great work mate - keep it going, sounds like exciting times are ahead for this project with the latest developments :cheers

Last edited:
cricketer112 said:
LM, you say this game will be very editable, but how editable would that be? of course you will have the code hidden i assume so no one can tweak the actual game.

its obvious the usual things will be editable, stumps, pitch ads, overlays, bats, kits and the likes etc... But i was wondering about things like geometry, i mean - will people (skilled stadium makers more than likely ;) be able to make stadiums in whatever the compatible program is and release them to the community in a zip file and we can choose to import them if you want that stadium? im sure with a huge community we have there will be high demand for this sort of thing - similar to the pro evolution soccer community, for pro evo i think i have every stadium i could ever want and the number you can have is unlimited (obviously a big hard drive is needed - a stadium is usually about 5MB tho so not to bad), in that community people just have a go at a new stadium and they can be imported one by one through your own preference ( i think i have around 280+). Also this option could also allow us to edit stadium characteristics e.g. the way the pitch plays as you mentioned before that you have stats for every stadium.

the geometry thing is interesting, most cricket games dont allow this, but i hope you can leave the game as 'open' as possible without giving the whole game away. Another thing that interests me is the sounds, if they could be left open, we could convert any sounds possible and add them, commentary patches will be possible, im sure our commentators will be great, but also some people will want real commentators in there, obviously its illegal for you to put them straight in, but nothing says we cant personally edit them after release. Other sounds like chants/ music and all sorts would be great to edit aswell.

this is the reason why as long as you get the core game playing like you want it, with the perfectly realistic gameplay and intelligent AI/rules you are hoping to create, the opened nature of the game that is available for editors will make sure its going to be great with regards to the aesthetics too, so in reality id say theres no need for you to worry too much later on about all the eye candy, our community is great at that sort of thing. :cheers

great work mate - keep it going, sounds like exciting times are ahead for this project with the latest developments :cheers
The game is trying to be as editable as possible so this will be in.

LM, 4 questions:

1) Are there different bowling actions?

2) If so, how many?

3) Do they resemble anyone?

4) Who do they resemble?

Don't have to answer these. Just a few thoughts

skateboarder said:
The game is trying to be as editable as possible so this will be in.

yes, basically all files will be there as plain as day except for the main .exe obviously.

So sounds can be overwritten etc. The only thing that will be a concern is that certain rules will have to be adhered to so the game wouldn't crash if it was expecting something in a file. But i intend to have 'template' files that can be used as bases for people to work from. As long as the templates are used then they shouldn't crash. So to answer your question, yes stadiums can be created and edited.

legend_master said:
yes, basically all files will be there as plain as day except for the main .exe obviously.

So sounds can be overwritten etc. The only thing that will be a concern is that certain rules will have to be adhered to so the game wouldn't crash if it was expecting something in a file. But i intend to have 'template' files that can be used as bases for people to work from. As long as the templates are used then they shouldn't crash. So to answer your question, yes stadiums can be created and edited.

So it will be sort of like cricket 2002 where every file is accesible easily but is categorised properly. I think in cricket 2002 they had to rush the realese (surprise surprise :rolleyes:) so they had to release the files uncompressed :D.

it will bring so much more to the game if it is extremely editable, of course with LM around we wont be confused and have to crack files, if something needs a tweak then im sure it will be able to be done easily 'for the good of the game' no need to crack exe files painstakingly!

anyhow - not going to beat about the bush with a long post - just interested actually LM in what you think of the gameplay and batting and bowling system so far? obviously you are a cricket game critic - to be so cheesed off with commercial companies to actually go ahead and build your own game! :hpraise, What i mean is - that you you are obviously playing around with the game whilst moving on with its development, so as a cricket game critic what do you reckon the gameplay is like with regards to the actual collision system and nature of the physics so far?

:cheers

Users who are viewing this thread