TAOC Discussion

rickyp said:
no complaints with that update

great news

Well you couldnt complain about it. Soudns great LM

Keep it up and this game will be soooooooo good!

Brett_Lee

another super-quick update**********

I have been working really hardcore lately on getting all players into the game, but them being loaded with all stats and features loaded from files. So the good news is tomorrow i should have all players being loaded in from flat files with all their stats and data which dictate their headwear, face textures, kits, bat types etc etc and positioned according to the default field positions file. In a nutshell, tomorrow should be the day that TAOC finally sees ALL PLAYERS ON THE PITCH AT ONCE! :cool: :cool: :happy :happy

I could have just manually dumped them all on, but i wanted to do it right from the outset, so i am doing the hard work now so it will all be much easier and modular later. This means either tomorrow or the next day should see some brand new screens released, showcasing the following major updates

- new default camera view - more realistic like TV broadcast
- new player models
- new pitch graphics
- all fielders and wicket keeper and umpires on the field in set fielding positions
- different models having different characteristics (all being read from their stats) - e.g. Ponting wearing a cap, Brett Lee wearing a wide brim hat, some players having long sleeves, some short, some with vests, some not.
- new Australia ODI kit ;)

the next video which will be days after that release will showcase the new animations :happy

cheers all,

LM

legend_master said:

I have been working really hardcore lately on getting all players into the game, but them being loaded with all stats and features loaded from files. So the good news is tomorrow i should have all players being loaded in from flat files with all their stats and data which dictate their headwear, face textures, kits, bat types etc etc and positioned according to the default field positions file. In a nutshell, tomorrow should be the day that TAOC finally sees ALL PLAYERS ON THE PITCH AT ONCE! :cool: :cool: :happy :happy

I could have just manually dumped them all on, but i wanted to do it right from the outset, so i am doing the hard work now so it will all be much easier and modular later. This means either tomorrow or the next day should see some brand new screens released, showcasing the following major updates

- new player models
- new pitch graphics
- all fielders and wicket keeper and umpires on the field in set fielding positions
- different models having different characteristics (all being read from their stats) - e.g. Ponting wearing a cap, Brett Lee wearing a wide brim hat, some players having long sleeves, some short, some with vests, some not.

the next video which will be days after that release will showcase the new animations :happy

cheers all,

LM

Cant hardly wait for the new screens and videos LM - this is once again beautiful news, everything seems to be coming together and flying along these days mate, great work as usual :cheers

Woah big news, paul im sure you will be thrilled when you can finally see everyone on the pitch :) so will it be playable when everyone is on the pitch if so then we must be only a couple of months away from the BETA :) reps to you :d

Great news there. Can't wait to see the new Australian ODI kit ;).

Keep up the good work :)

Great work LM cant wait for the screenz and vids.

Keep up the great effort you are putting into this project

Brett_Lee

Thanks everyone...

well, there is still heaps to go...heaps and heaps :crying

but! it is edging closer (no pun intended)...and this is certainly a huge step...i'm on something of a roll now so progress is snowballing along...

cheers all,

LM

well, there is still heaps to go...heaps and heaps

but! it is edging closer (no pun intended)...

take your time mate, it will be better for the art of crickets future, we all know what junk ea and codies give us when its rushed for a deadline. even if it took another year and we didnt see it untill 2008, as long as the game gets all the promised features - i for one would be happy.

legend_master said:

- new player models
- new pitch graphics

cheers all,

LM
Great to hear !

Cannot imagine how hard you are working on this.
Keep it up Paul !
Hopefully, we`ll have a Beta before the World cup starts !

Users who are viewing this thread