TAOC Discussion

manee said:
I doubt it, for a few reasons, Microsoft deliberately put in limitations on that so big game developers wouldn't be threatened by these sort of games, and LM would have to rewrite the whole thing in C#, and then you could only play the game on XP SP2 and Vista

Well, Merry Xmas everyone! I'm gonna have just a few days break over Chrissy, so im afraid TAOC will temporarily halt until 27th or 28th Dec...but i can report that things are going very well. I redid all umpire animations for the new umpire model and they are so much better...i can now say that the umpire is completely done. Now i am working on a new run/walk cycle for all models as the last one just wasn't good enough. Then it's on to all other animations. I'm still on track i think to have ALL players animated and on the field well before the end of Jan. This is great as i can then get on to implementing stats, AI and rules. Then comes sound, including effects and comentary....After that, well we're on the home stretch ;) - GUIS/menus, huds, misc catagories (multiplay, controllers, fine tuning performance etc) then on to beta testing....

ok, gonna wrap up now...

cheers all,

LM

::SolidSnake:: said:
who will BETA test and is it for free or we going to pay?
There are already enough Beta testers. These will be people who are helping with the game and some members that asked. Unfortunately there were so many no more Beta testers are being accepted.

I don't know if it will be free or not yet. It's leaning towards being free with optional doantions though.

...which I believe will be quite high, due to the work that he has put into the game.

Update

UPDATE 8/1/07 *******************

Reworking of all Batsman animations are now complete, hence ALL animations are now complete.

I will be now working on integrating all of the new models and animations into the game engine and then on fielder positions. Once all of this is done i will release some new screens and maybe a video - should be in a few days time hopefully. Then i will be working on stats and fielder/wicky AI / pathfinding.

May not sound like it but things are now racing along beautifully :cool:

cheers,

LM

beautiful news LM............music to my ears. Hope the Animations and new models are looking awesome in the game :cheers

I think that is music to everyones ears. Can't wait for some new screens :)

:cheers

Yep, great news and you may release the video in soon conjunction with BLIC 07 so we can truly see which is better :D

Users who are viewing this thread