TAOC Discussion

Will the sounds be like real life like wen GoJo appeals its diff from otha peoples?

how about a fielder radius? it shows whether the fielder would be able to field the ball for a standard ball speed,
this would of course depend on the distance from the wicket.it would help in placing fielders correctly

Maybe, but may become tedious, repetitive and predictable.

Im bored so I will comment on all the shots.

1 - FF OffBlock
Hopefully this shot will not be a horrible lunge like in the BLIC games and possible have an edge going through the slip region
2 - FF StraightBlock
Not much to say...
3 - FF OnBlock
Must be carefully done to avoid the joke of a shot in BLIC
4 - FF square block / Fine glance
Hmmm...could be interesting
Goose!
6 - FF leg glance block
Nice addition
7 - Pad up (spin)
Must have a small risk factor (for glovings) to it to stop it being too easy
8 - Raise Bat/Leave/dodge (pace)
Cool
9 - BF Offblock
10 - BF StraightBlock
11 - BF Ondrive block
12 - BF square block
13 - BF leg glance block
Could be interesting if properly implemented
14 - FF coverdrive
Hopefully it can be as rewarding as the EA one and capture the true elegance of the shot
15 - FF Straight/Offdrive
The name suggests variable shot direction; cool.
16 - FF Ondrive
Lets hope it captures the elegance of the shot; like done very well in BLC 98.
17 - FF square drive
18 - FF leg glance
19 - FF reverse sweep
20 - FF sweep (spin)
Collision detection has been a problem in all three in previous games.
21 - BF Coverdrive
Hard shot to truly capture...would be interesting to see.
22 - BF Straight/Off drive
^^^
23 - BF Ondrive
Also could be hard to animate.
24 - BF cut low (Spin)
25 - BF cut Norm (Pace)
26 - BF Pull low (Spin)
27 - BF Pull Norm (Pace)
Good to see separate shots for spin and pace.
28 - BF Late cut
Hopefully we have to play this shot late...unlike in EA games.
29 - BF fine Leg glance
30 - Lofted Coverdrive
31 - Lofted straightdrive
32 - Lofted Ondrive
33 - Lofted square drive / Cut
34 - Lofted leg glance
35 - lofted Late cut
36 - Lofted Pull
37 - FF Slog Sweep (spin)
38 - BF Hook (pace)

COOL:D:D:D

Last edited:
blackleopard92 said:
how about a fielder radius? it shows whether the fielder would be able to field the ball for a standard ball speed,
this would of course depend on the distance from the wicket.it would help in placing fielders correctly

not a bad idea BL...but maybe a bit hard to judge as different fielders will also have different abilities...but maybe doable...each fielder's (visible) radius could be variable in size depending on their abilities...ill definately bear this in mind...

gr8 going LM sir , juss one question will it have indian domestic teams?

Yes, as an add-on pack after or at the release of the game.

Next question? :p

It is strange; this game has practically every feature imaginable, plus a few more :eek:

Last edited:
manee said:
Next question? :p

It is strange; this game has practically every feature imaginable, plus a few more :eek:

that happens with a community based games.
take racer for eg, every feature u want for a racing sim, for free.

I just check the promotion seven videos, and the graphics are quite nice and I especially like the colours of the players. I think it is better than the EA Cricket and BLIC series in that sense. With the latest advancement in player models, I think this game may even rival EA and Codemasters in graphics, which would be amazing.

This game could be one of the best and most eagerly anticipated Cricket game. After seeing all this, I really just feel that EA and Codemasters should take some serious help from our forums, officialy or unofficially;) !

thanks everyone ;)

just a quick update...

for the last week non stop i've been working flat out on the new player models (all - batsmen, bowlers, fielders, umpires, wickys etc.) - making them much better looking, much smoother, much more advanced (and for less polys too) - im finishing off texturing now and i have to say the results so far are really impressive imho....i should have some screens for you in a couple of days...this is the biggest facelift that the project has EVER had.

cheers,

LM

well, new screenz released - check em out in the game screenz thread...

enjoy, and more to come really soon...the improvements can really be seen ingame, which you wont really get to see for several more days, but you can get a sense of it at least.

cheers,

LM

To be honest, the latest ingame videos looked amazing already so I shudder to think how you may have improved and I am looking forward to it.

I have a few questions about the game; and I hope you can answer them if you have time.

-How will bowleds, LBWs and to a lesser extent edges be handled? All three come from technical deficiancies in the shot. In BLIC; edges were done well, and the other two occured with visiblely horrible mistiming. In EA the batsman moves from side to side...how will it be in TAOC.

-I understand you can apply different power to each button press. I assume the game is made for keyboards, so that makes 8 directions. How many shot animations per direction?

In BLIC; edges were done well, [/quotes]

Edges were awful in BLIC they didn't carry 3 yards. I think the edges should occur if the ball moves about or if you play down the wrong line and carry should depend on the pitch.

Sorry; that was an ambigious and wrong statement. What I meant is that as far as front foot drive edges went they came off the bat realistically.

Drewska said:
Edges were awful in BLIC they didn't carry 3 yards. I think the edges should occur if the ball moves about or if you play down the wrong line and carry should depend on the pitch.

But its hard to replicate playing down the wrong line since there are only 8 directions on a keyboard which I assume this game is made for.

Playing down the wrong line would involve your batsman standing in the wrong position, for example moving too far towards the legside to play a cover drive therefore you end up playing the shot with the edge rather than the face of the bat.

Users who are viewing this thread