TAOC Discussion

holmie said:
why doesnt he just make a blog were he spends 10 minutes everyday and informs us about what he did that day. that way we can all keep in touch.

Why should he spend even more time on the project? Don't you think he'd rather spend that 10 minutes working on the game or grabbing a cuppa (err he's an Aussie isn't he? So that should read tinnie :p )

I have seen it in the videos slightly but will there be different animations for edges, e.g. if the ball spins across the bat (Warne to Giles) or a bouncer edge (Sehwag Vs England in tests)?

well how far has the game progressed ? any updates about any updates or videos?

The latest information about large advancements would be in the blog linked 3 posts up. However, Paul (Legend Master) is taking some time off from work to work on the game so expect some progress. No updated videos or pictures lately.

There is also a rumour that some new information is coming soon.

Well as you all know ive been very quiet lately - i must apologise for my inactivity on the forums....my absence has mainly been due to work commitments (and Ashes watching :p ) etc. tho i have still been pottering away with small little bits on the project. I am aware of how development has somewhat grinded to a halt though, which is what i am going to rectify right now.

So I am now dedicating the next couple/several weeks to working on the game FULL TIME. This means i hope to get a lot accomplished, including new polished player models, including batsmen, bowlers, wicket keeper, fielders and umpires, all integrated into the game, on the field and ready to rock.

The new model is almost complete and is so superior it's not funny...looks much smoother and more realistic and also makes modding a lot easier, due to much better uv mapping and geometry foundations. This means faces and kits are going to be 1000 times better and easier to get right. Previously they would take quite a bit of mucking around to get right....

The new model also allows me to have variable textures for gloves, pads and helmets, which should be really cool. I'm also adding different helmet types and long sleeve shirts are much better than before.

Anyway, enough rattling on, but the upshot is, expect some really cool screenz very soon.

ps: i know i said i wouldn't be working on models/graphics etc until much later, but it was kinda restricting me from progressing in that the old model was causing some problems in various different areas and would have made things hard for the wicket keeper/fielders to be done properly. Anyway, trust me it's all for the best.

cheers,

LM

puddleduck said:
Why should he spend even more time on the project? Don't you think he'd rather spend that 10 minutes working on the game or grabbing a cuppa (err he's an Aussie isn't he? So that should read tinnie :p )

Very true, mate...any time i do have i spend directly on the game..i could easily spend hours on the forums and updating blogs etc. but then the game would never progress....

still, i should update at least once a week...

legend_master said:
ps: i know i said i wouldn't be working on models/graphics etc until much later, but it was kinda restricting me from progressing in that the old model was causing some problems in various different areas and would have made things hard for the wicket keeper/fielders to be done properly. Anyway, trust me it's all for the best.
Do the new models mean you have to redo the animations, or can you just use the old animations with the new models?

Also I can't wait to see fielders on the field, it will make the game look way more complete. Keep up the good work Paul :clap

whitehornmatt said:
Do the new models mean you have to redo the animations, or can you just use the old animations with the new models?

Also I can't wait to see fielders on the field, it will make the game look way more complete. Keep up the good work Paul :clap

I can re-use the animations luckily...which is great...but i plan to fix up some of the crappier ones anyway.. ;)

yeah, fielders will really make it come alive...

on the topic of fielders, here's a sneak hint at how field placings will work...

there will be some default/preset fields you can choose from OR you can customise your own field at any time by 'picking up' a 3d fielder model from any 'free cam' 3D view and placing him anywhere on the field you like (assuming it is a valid position - obviously cant overlap another fielder!) - he will auto face the correct direction - once all is done, you can save that field placing as a custom field (there will be plenty of custom field slots available) - and you can then assign default fields to your bowlers - including custom fields you have made.

cheers,

LM

Last edited:
That is great! I think this might be the first time in a cricket game that such a system has been introduced!

viral1991 said:
That is great! I think this might be the first time in a cricket game that such a system has been introduced!
I am sure Cricket 2000 had a similar sort of system

Users who are viewing this thread