TAOC Discussion

Yes, hopefully that will be implemented.

Regarding my earlier questions about power levels. I particularly want many shots for the blue area as nudging and nurdling is my batting game.

Last edited:
Especially if there is movement since it can replicate the batsman playing the wrong line...however, I bet LM has a super-duper plan for edges already.

blackleopard92 said:
last i know, he was a networking engineer, aged 30yrs

Good memory ;)

well, i do have a super duper plan for edges, lbws and bowleds etc.

i'll elaborate on this soon, but it will take quite some time to explain so i wont do it right now lol...

Manee, regarding the strokes and zones etc. yeah i am designing it for keyboard though i plan to have gamepad/joystick support too...

the current way it works is you use the numpad keys for direction and the longer you hold down one of those keys (1-9) will determine the power of the shot. Yellow zone is a defensive stroke, green is attacking but along the ground and red is lofted. Holding down the Num0 key while doing this will make it a back foot shot. So, for example, holding down Num0 while pushing Num4 to get it into the Green zone and letting go would produce a back foot cut shot for a right hander and a back foot leg glance for a left hander.

so basically there are 9 shots per zone, give or take a few slots used for ducking and padding up and leaving etc.

hope that made some sense ;)

LM

legend_master said:
the current way it works is you use the numpad keys for direction and the longer you hold down one of those keys (1-9) will determine the power of the shot.
Any chance of that being mapped to an analogue stick? And would 5 be a block be any chance?

whitehornmatt said:
Any chance of that being mapped to an analogue stick? And would 5 be a block be any chance?

Hmm...not sure about the analogue stick...is something ill look at later on near the end though as it would be great.

5 is duck/dodge ;)

LM

cellinis said:
Aw LM... when you are 30/9 alt+F4 seems like a fantastic shot!
No kidding. Also makes a great delivery, used it when playing as India vs. Pak. They needed 1 off the last over, I needed 6 wickets. Worked like a charm ;)

Seeing all this fantastic improvements in graphics, there was one question I was hoping you could answer, LM. Could you possibly provide rough system specs for the finished game? In particular would calibre of graphics card would be good enough to run the game smoothly?

The Blazer said:
Seeing all this fantastic improvements in graphics, there was one question I was hoping you could answer, LM. Could you possibly provide rough system specs for the finished game? In particular would calibre of graphics card would be good enough to run the game smoothly?
i think he owns a 6600 series card, hence the game should run smoothly on it.

and seeing the game graphics, i think a geforce 6 series with 512 mb ram can play this game with all things at high.maybe he can even run 3dmax in background!!! :p

Users who are viewing this thread