TAOC Discussion

Ok. Well it might be a bit hard to take screenies of game-play.

Good luck with Lords. I hope it will look as good as the SCG :)

Good luck with Lords. I hope it will look as good as the SCG :)

you mean eden gardens right ?? ;)

lords is hardcore....so will definitely take some time.....but will try my best....!

I thought you guys were working on the fielding?

we are..... fielding also needs AI dude ! how do you expect a player to take a catch or stop the ball without AI ?? :)

you mean eden gardens right ?? ;)

lords is hardcore....so will definitely take some time.....but will try my best....!

You said you were working on Lords. I never said anything about Eden Gardens.

Um, sorry, what did you mean by this?

I hope not what i thought you meant.

I hope you realise that a 'community project' for a 3D playable cricket game has never ever been completed to my knowledge, particularly one as ambitious as ours. To even get as far as we have is an achievement i believe. Right now, myself and JK are devoting a lot of time into seeing this DOES get completed. It has had some major stalls along the road, but it has come too far to not release now.

I am excited to reveal tonight that development is well under way again, with some massive improvements already to the gameplay of the game, which is the core focus. All i can really say is that even at this stage of completion the gameplay is really quite awesome i feel. Yes, the animations need some work, and the graphics are not next gen at all, but it feels more like cricket than anything i've ever played before and i am very sure that many critics will be silenced when they play for the first time.

As ive said before, the aim (which it has been all along) is to have a game which feels like cricket and is fun to play, as realistic as possible and has as many features as possible. I think TAOC is well on the way to being that.

LM

Last edited:
Good to hear.

May I recommend bowling in a 50 over match on a green pitch against the AI in Cricket 07. Ignoring the poor CPU pacing of their innings, some quite good things happen when the ball seams off the pitch and notice how the effect lessens with the worse seam bowlers and also as the innings wears on. Unfortunately, the whole thing is tedious with the keeper missing every ball that seams - meaning I have to put Monty at deep backstop :)

LM welcome back. Lets hope no more halts come in. I am eagerly waiting for further updates because the game development is at very exciting stage.

Jk_16: sorry dude i promised you that i will send you the pictures of lord cricket ground, unfortunatly i have lost them. I will personally go again to lords and take picture. i live 15 min away from it. hopefully by this weekend i will send you.

Jk_16: sorry dude i promised you that i will send you the pictures of lord cricket ground, unfortunatly i have lost them. I will personally go again to lords and take picture. i live 15 min away from it. hopefully by this weekend i will send you.

no worries mate....its in fact great to see you taking so much interest ! :)
mail me those pics as soon you get them.....;)...wanna finish this stadium
once and for all !

the main worry for me is that its the mother of cricket grounds, the biggest(not is size but in stature)...plus, this forum mostly consists of poms LOL !! so...any mistake or inaccuracy and i might be flamed :p

cheers

JK

no worries mate....its in fact great to see you taking so much interest ! :)
mail me those pics as soon you get them.....;)...wanna finish this stadium
once and for all !

the main worry for me is that its the mother of cricket grounds, the biggest(not is size but in stature)...plus, this forum mostly consists of poms LOL !! so...any mistake or inaccuracy and i might be flamed :p

cheers

JK

Lol. As the home of cricket, in the event that stadiums take too long, I doubt many would be upset if all games were played at Lords.

well there are lots of expectations from this game, because no cricket game has not filled that expectations. As a cricket enthusiatic i am not looking at graphics or how detailed the stadiums are, what i want is a good AI and good simulation cricket game.

Users who are viewing this thread