TAOC Discussion

L.M. this is looking amazing man. keep up the good work. it's time for us to have a video dont u think? ;)

L.M. seriously appriciate your work. keep it up.

Last edited:
i will be releasing a new video shortly....stay tuned

quick progress update
---------------------

Batsman model is completed for now. Still a lot of work to do on it, but i've got it to the stage where it is ok for me to proceed with. I will revisit it further down the track. You will notice that even now it is greatly improved over the original model, much smoother and more detailed. This model will be used as a foundation for other models e.g. bowler, wicket keeper, fielder...

Noticed a couple of minor glitches in the bolwing, so spent a lot of time fixing these...now over and around the wicket is all fixed along with changing between pace and spin bowlers and i have made the target marker and bowling speeds easier to be tweaked, making the code much more robust and streamlined in the process. I also fixed the bat collision which was slightly off before. The pitch is now a bit longer and the player models slightly bigger, fixing a couple of scale issues that were there. Have also added collision to both sets of stumps and tweaked the tracking camera.

LM

This all sounds very promising, I'm liking your work still.

L.M. this is simple looking all good. keep up the good work.

to LM !!

Will u add Sky Sports and Ashes 05 ??

usy, the game is in the very early stages of development. Please stop asking these questions, as only time will tell whether or not they get in!

I am sozzy ... just cant wait for "a real" cricket game ..

You will be waiting until late 2006, which is the schedule for release.

I am very glad to see all proceedings here. All as a team all have done very well and i just pray and hope all get what it really deserves.. I would love to be a part, but i am not that lucky(due to time constraints)..All the best wishes in this world are for u all..

Indeed, dont lose the drive, the motivation, and enjoy it, cause when it comes off it looks like it could be fantastic!!!!!

hey legend-master, am just getting used to these forums,am going thru much of dem now, and shame, shud've chked out urs soon..but,its quiet soon i hope..hehe.. I WUD LIKE TO C ONE CHANGE, WE SHUD BE ALLOWED TO JUDGE OUR OWN BATSPEED, AND HOW MUCH SPEED WE WUD WANT TO TIME THE BALL FOR EVERY SHOT...i hope all of u got wat i meant..caz horrible i am in xplaining... a new button wich wud have a metre going up as u keep pressin it and to decide how hard u want to hit the ball or how soft u want to touch it and run a quik single...so dat the gameplay wud improve awesome... and i saw sum pics of ur game, they look extremely impressive :) gud luck...i enjoy company wid ppl who want to think 'big' ...so, give it a shot ...and success will surely come towards u :)

i would like to se the abillity to invent your own batting style, like in tiger woods you could design your back swing through to your follow through. it could be used for bowling i relize this is unrealistic but just something that would be cool.

keep up the good work boys

hi all,

@ajayganesh - i'm already one step ahead of you there

@no_remorse28 - um, nice suggestion, but very very difficult to implement...maybe as an add-on / v2?

update - video coming soon...(hint: this next video will be quite a big leap from the previous ones ;) )

LM

Yeah, I have a kew questions, first: will it be ps2? and second, can you decide player personal contracts like icc and play another season after the one you completed?

Gilchrist, sorry dude - and sorry to all of the PS2 users out there, but there will be no PS2 version at this stage. Unless some big publisher comes along and wants to develop / port it, it wont happen. I just dont have the resources for that. It will be PC only.

Secondly, i do plan to have a 'career mode'...not sure how much management stuff i want to include in there, but you definately will be able to play tons of seasons. I'll also re-iterate about stats - player stats will be cumulative and saved (an option that can be turned off) so that it will suck when one of your top batsmen gets out for a duck and you will have to wear that result on your permanent record...i think this adds something else to play for...but you will be able to reset stats to the defaults etc. at any time (if you get too many ducks ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread