TAOC Discussion

If u go that way LM, I think Cricket 2005 was my last EA SPORTS cricket title. Absolutely Wonderful and really hope that the project will go to completion soon. :hpraise

Yes. Network play will definetely be included in Cricket Project.

L.M. you are making us wait for the video to much man. ;) c'mon lets have an video.

He's working very hard on it. I'll upload it to the database when I get it.

If whoever is making this new game is not innit for the money and is innit for better cricket games,

mayb wen Codemasters and EA release info and vids about their next game you could, make a poll as to which looks the best and if T.C.P wins mayb the million pound companies will get the message

i know its still early for this and all but id love to see career play where u start in club or domestic teams and then work ur way up to the national team and get selected for tests and world cups over a number of years ie not performing leads to being dropped from the national team. also aging should be a factor so that when u get older injuries are more frequent until eventually u cant play at the top level anymore. after that start again and try beat ur previous career stats eg international career runs or matches played.

and if it is released as freeware over the internet and u have dial up like me, im sure it'll be possible to use somthing like download accelerator and be able to pause the download when u offline and then resume later. not sure if this possible, i think it is.

Last edited:
Update!

well, time for an update...

I have completed the power bar system and have integrated it into the game as a proof of concept - so far it is applied to straight shots i.e. straight block, straight drive and straight loft. I had to spend an awful amount of time tweaking the physics values of the loft/6-hit to make it look and feel realistic and also to get the bounce right for when it lands...i'm quite happy with the results so far but there's still some tweaking i need to do...i also still need to adjust the camera for lofted shots so that you can get a good view of the ball as it sails through the air...i also fixed collision so it knows when a boundary is scored from a ground shot or from lofted (i.e. hits ground before going over the rope) AND recognizes when a 6 has been scored

This is probably a good time to explain briefly the power bar system and how it relates to batting:

- power bar determines 2 things - a) how powerful the shot is b) what kind of shot it is based on the direction that is being pressed.
- this sounds confusing, so let me explain - the power bar is divided into 3 coloured sections (roughly a 30 / 50 / 20 percentage split) - green, blue and red respectively that represent the type of shot being played. A little bar / line comes up as you hold down the button and depending on what zone it falls in, the type of shot wil differ. Here's an example to demonstrate....as the bowler comes in and releases the ball, i hold down the "Num2" key (+ the key that controls Front foot or Back foot) - the power bar meter goes up - if i let go while it is in the green zone then the resulting shot will be a straight block - the power of the block is based on how high into the green zone the power meter got ; if i let go while the power meter is in the blue zone, the resulting shot will be a straight drive, as powerful as the meter was far into the blue zone ; if i had let go while the bar was in the red then it would be a lofted shot - a chip over the infield if it's in the early part of the red zone and a fully fledged 6 hit if it's high into the red...
- power is also influenced by the following factors, so even if you get the power bar in exactly the same place twice in a row, the shot will be different : i) timing of the shot ii) wind resistance iii) a little random chaos iv) how well the bowler bowled the ball and the type of delivery (e.g. if the ball was spinning then this will influence the power and direction - particularly with lofted shots)

Hopefully this will be clearer when you see the next video, which I should (hopefully) complete tonight. Just got a few little things to tidy up first....I will then upload for Skateboarder to publish on the website.

I have also started a new thread in this forum for Suggestions / ideas for the game where people can post their ideas of things they would like to see in the game - i.e. like a wishlist....some things i will already have planned to be in there, but some if they are good ideas and feasible i will try to include, but i can't make any guarantees on that...maybe in future add-ons ;)

Oh yeah, Network play will be included. This means peer2peer IP over the internet or LAN

LM

ok, so as i am making bats for this game, i made a list and you'll be happy to read that it has about 90 bats :D

Code:
Bat 01	AS G200	
Bat 02	BAS Vampire Blaster	
Bat 03	BAS (Red)	
Bat 04	BDM Dynamic Power	
Bat 05  Bellingham & Smith Fireblade	
Bat 06	Britannia TON
Bat 07	CA Plus 10,000	
Bat 08	CA Pro 2,000	
Bat 09	Chase 175 LE	
Bat 10	Duncan Fearnley Hammer	
Bat 11	Duncan Fearnley Gold	
Bat 12	Gray Nicolls Gladius 	
Bat 13	Gray-Nicolls Matrix	
Bat 14	Gray-Nicolls Monster	
Bat 15	Gray-Nicolls Phoenix	
Bat 16	Gray-Nicolls Power Bow	
Bat 17	Gray-Nicolls Predator	
Bat 18	Gray-Nicolls Predator (UK)	
Bat 19	Gunn & Moore Duellist	
Bat 20	Gunn & Moore Hero (2005)	
Bat 21	Gunn & Moore Hero (2006)	
Bat 22	Gunn & Moore Maestro Control (2005)	
Bat 23	Gunn & Moore Maestro Control (2006)	
Bat 24	Gunn & Moore Maxi (2005)	
Bat 25	Gunn & Moore Maxi (2006)	
Bat 26	Gunn & Moore Purist (2005)	
Bat 27	Gunn & Moore Purist (2006)	
Bat 28	Hero Honda TON	
Bat 29	Hunts County Insignia	
Bat 30	Hunts County Steelback	
Bat 31	Ihsan Crown	
Bat 32	Ihsan Emperor	
Bat 33	Ihsan King	
Bat 34	Impala Sovereign	
Bat 35	Impala Sovereign Prince	
Bat 36	KG Gold 2000	
Bat 37	Kookaburra Absolute Belta	
Bat 38	Kookaburra Diablo	
Bat 39	Kookaburra Diablo Hurricane/Spirit	
Bat 40	Kookaburra Genesis
Bat 41	Kookaburra Kahuna 
Bat 42	Kookaburra Pure Beast	
Bat 43	Kookaburra Wild Beast	
Bat 44	Malik MB Gold	
Bat 45	Malik MB Sarfi	
Bat 46	Malik MB Sher	
Bat 47	Malik MB Zulfi	
Bat 48	MRF Genius	
Bat 49	MRF Wizard 400	
Bat 50	Newberry Navarone						
Bat 51  Newberry UZI
Bat 52	Puma Classic	
Bat 53	Puma Ballistic	
Bat 54	Puma Stealth	
Bat 55	RNS Larsons Gold Star	
Bat 56  Reebok	
Bat 57	SF Stanford Stanlite	
Bat 58	SG Century	
Bat 59	SG Sunny Tonny	
Bat 60	Slazenger SE	
Bat 61	Slazenger SX	
Bat 62	Slazenger SXi	
Bat 63	Slazenger V800 (Aus)	
Bat 64	Slazenger V800	
Bat 65	Slazenger V900	
Bat 66	Slazenger V900 (Aus)	
Bat 67	Slazenger V1200	
Bat 68	Smasher API-G	
Bat 69	Smasher API-G Power	
Bat 70	Smasher Bully	
Bat 71	Smasher Gladiator	
Bat 72	Smasher Pro	
Bat 73	Sommers X2 Pulse	
Bat 74	Sommers XXX Factor	
Bat 75	SS Elite	
Bat 76	Woodworm Flame	
Bat 77	Woodworm Torch	
Bat 78	Woodworm Wand	
Bat 79	Plain Bat (Black Grip)	
Bat 80	Ian Bell (Slazenger SXi/Yorkshire Bank)	
Bat 81	Paul Collingwood (Slazenger SE/EASTER)		
Bat 82	Sourav Ganguly (SS Ton Pro./Hero Honda)	
Bat 83	Andrew Flintoff (Woodworm Flame/Barclays Capital)	
Bat 84	Matthew Hayden (Phoenix 380/Ford)	
Bat 85	Geraint Jones (Puma Ballistic 5000/SoftCo)	
Bat 86	Jacques Kallis (Slazenger V1200/Sanex)	
Bat 87	Kevin Pietersen (Woodworm Torch/Red Bull)
Bat 88	Kumar Sangakkara (Kookaburra Beast/Singer)	
Bat 89	Virender Sehwag (SS Viru 309/Britannia)	
Bat 90	Graeme Smith (GM Hero/Supersport)	
Bat 91	Andrew Strauss (Power Bow/Investec)	
Bat 92	Marcus Trescothick (GM Maxi/White & Locke)

Last edited:
the 'Bat 18 Gray-Nicolls Predator (Pak) ' is actually the UK version not pakistani.

legendmaster, :hpraise

i really appreciate the pains you're taking to explain everything you're doing, and the work done so far in itself. This is like anti-establishment stuff.

I have a couple of questions:

Does it require some skill to time the powerbar? I.e. does your timing determine how well you play the shot? Or is there another element to the game, like how you press the other buttons?

Can you position the batsman wherever you want, like move him left, right, up or down?

Also, could you elaborate a bit on the random chaos :D. I love the concept in theory though.

Great job dude, you've got everyone hooked already.

Users who are viewing this thread