TAOC Discussion

Great stuff so far. Hey Legend Master will it be released in South Africa?

I'm thinking it will be released on the net, so If you have internet, you should be able to download it...

Hey, Legend Master, what I would like to see is a distinction between lofting and power. In EA and codies, you have one power shot, which gives extra power and lofts the ball, right. What I think would be good is to have two different buttons, one which would have you try to wallop the s**t out of the leather, but not necessarily loft it, and another button which would allow you to chip the ball over the infield, for instance, and then a combined option to try and hit it for six.

ZoraxDoom said:
I'm thinking it will be released on the net, so If you have internet, you should be able to download it...

What? Is it going to be available on the net?

I thought this game is competing with EA and Codemasters! If yes, then it should have a full fledged CD release!

saisrini80 said:
What? Is it going to be available on the net?

I thought this game is competing with EA and Codemasters! If yes, then it should have a full fledged CD release!

although, the selling thing will mainly depend on the quality of the game. legend_master hasnt yet decided whether to sell it or not. and besides, we dont have a publisher !! :(

His competing with EA and Codies in the way that people don't have to waste money on a shocking game when they could customize this game as much as they like! and hopefully up the anty on cricket games! i dont think he is in it for money! and he won't have to worry about license fees!

oh ok.. anyways, if not for money, at least the game should become popular all over the world that he is enkept encouraged to even better it... when your game is popular and is doing well, you get even more encouragement..

keep up the work mate!

licensing can be tried at leats to have the real match like feel to it.. since the promise is to deliver as close to the real cricket simulation, licensing would do good.

yes licence would be good. but it costs money and i dont think he will able to get licence. but more than these stuff i only want the gameplay to be top notch. keep it up L.M.

Freeware does not require a licence, so if the game is released that way then it won't need them.
Paul has an idea if the game is commercially released, so one way or another there will be real kits, players and bats in the game.

LM .. can you plzz give me your E-Mail addy as i am going to do the fowlling

10 Test Playing Nations Logos
English County Team Logos
Australian Domestic Team Logos
South African Domestic Team Logos and kits
Pakistan Domestic Team logos, Kits and Squads
-------------------
usy

ok, seems there is still some confusion...here's some facts

- it has NOT YET BEEN DECIDED whether it will be released as commercial, shareware or freeware....

- i am not going to make this call until much further down the track...at least until i have a playable demo.

- i am not in this for the money. The whole reason for this project is to have a great game that i enjoy playing, and hopefully the community enjoys as much as i do. If it does make any money then that will be channelled back into the project either directly or indirectly e.g. me spending more time on it - who knows..if i did get enough money from it i could work on it full-time and leave my day job... ;)

- the final product will be quite large in size...if i do make it downloadable it will be quite a large download i.e. at least circa a GB...this would mean dialup/low-bandwidth users would have trouble getting it...this is a concern, cos i would hate to alienate heaps of people in countries where broadband is not the norm - i'd like everyone to have access to play it...this is something i will be giving a lot of consideration to - so to answer the question about 'will it be released in South Africa?' , the answer is "i really hope so".....if i have anythign to do with it it will be released in the main cricket playing countries at least...obvioulsy the internet makes this kind of distribution possible, but size does matter ;)

- the final release is not final at all, cos i will continue to develop it and fix and add things - so it should always be evolving and improving...and i'm sure the community will add stuff as well, assuming it turns out as well as i would like...

- any emails should be directed to: [email protected]

- i am not going to release full details of the batting system yet. But I will say this: that i will be using a system that allows for you to choose the power/speed of the shot and how far you wish it to go, as well as whether you want it to be lofted or not - what this means is you will be able to block with varying power, do a ground stroke with varying power and do a lofted shot with varying power e.g a lofted shot of high power would be like a six-hit...whereas a lofted shot of lower power would be more of a chip over the infield - so Propmanoz, yes, your concerns are all covered...i want to test it thoroughly though to make sure it does work and is not too difficult or cumbersome...it needs to feel smooth and natural...but not too easy either...so yes, it is a tightrope...

- i'm trying to focus my time to working on the game, so i'm trying to avoid MSN as much as possible ;) - it has a tendancy to use a lot of time...so please dont think i am not around or avoiding anyone, i'm just trying to focus my more effectively...

* I want to get the power bar system and lofted shots working before I do the next video, so please be patient and ye shall be rewarded....

cheers,

LM

BTW Usy you forgot to tell him it was MY SA domestic kits and logos. Just check my thread in Cricket 2005 forums. Can also post some more stuff regarding SA domestic.

Good job LM, you have obviously thought everything through to a very great extent, for this I congratulate you and wish you the best in this entire endeavour

Users who are viewing this thread