TAOC Discussion

just to let you know, the quality of the 2 images is dropped a great amount to save space. so if you see alot of bluriness, its not like that in the full verion.

Lol, Good work Holmie, but you've left the codemasters copyright statement on, stating that the game is Brian Lara International Cricket - Ouch!

yeah i know. thats ok for me because i was the one who created the blic cover too. so its not a big deal. we can change that anytime. but, lol i got caught too.

holmie said:
yeah i know. thats ok for me because i was the one who created the blic cover too. so its not a big deal. we can change that anytime. but, lol i got caught too.

you might have created it, but if codemasters find it out, i am not sure they would allow you to use it for some other product just because you were the originator! they were the producers!

Yeah,

not sure about that.....the work is excellent, but we need to still be very careful about using copyrighted material etc. Holmie, I would much prefer that you design something from scratch that has no affiliation with any existing commercial product.

Obviously you are very capable of creating excellent work, so I would love to see something new that you have done from scratch

cheers,

LM

In other newz....

I have done another 8 animations over the weekend (modelled from scratch), so the batting is coming along really well. I also added animations for the wickets being hit / knocked over. Also tweaked the strokes to be even more realistic. Fixed a couple of other minor bugs here and there...i plan to have all batting animations completed by the end of next weekend...this is a big call, but once done, the game will really be moving along in high gear....

So i'll be working hard to get all stroke animations completed by then, without compromising quality of course ;)

LM

Well done LM your a complete legend and a cant wait for it i know it will be a while but i know the saying 'Good things come to those who wait' so im happy to wait for as long as it takes Keep up the good work.

thanks, duded,

yeah, it will be a while but hopefully will be worth the wait....

I have sent some new screens and videos to Skateboarder to upload to the website so watch this space for news on when they are up ;)

These show stumps being hit and bails flying - there are several different animations for stumps being hit, which depend on where the ball hits, varying for pace and spin bowling...you can also see a low 'beamer' smashing into the stumps....you'll also see the fixed 'inverted' power bar ...rising from bottom to top.

LM

Keep it up man!!! You are a complete legend as duded 64 said. Awesome man...you're unbelievable. Thanks for your hard work.
Great!

i seen the video ... great stuff mate .. gud bowling action BTW ... reps for u LM ..

thanks,

yeah i hadn't had much feedback about the videos yet, so curious as to what people think...

regarding the bowling action, i plan to have several different actions possible for pace and for spin...the current one will be revised as i think it can be improved a lot and the current bowler model will soon be upgraded to the new player model type. Also once i have completed all of the batting animations etc.(did 2 more last night) I will be doing the spin bowler model / animations...i'm still on course to have all batting animations completed by next Monday. Then we will really see some nice action ;) cut shots and pull shots and hooks and sweeps...i can't wait....

LM

Brilliant stuff man. Awesome. I love it. nice bowling action. Keep it up!!

LM EDIT - so sorry, mate, accidentally edited / deleted your post! lol....sorry...can you re-post?

:crying

Last edited by a moderator:
but you said there was a bug with the bat passing through the wickets...what i meant to reply as was with this:

hmmm...didn't notice that...what stroke is the batsman playing when that happens? I'll have a look 2nite...very easy to fix if it is indeed what is occurring...thanks

LM

Users who are viewing this thread