TAOC Discussion

legend_master said:
hehe lol...there wont be any rapping going on...that's fer sure

yeah, i would like to have afew different celebrations in there....how many remains to be seen, but there wont be rapping, and there will be at least a few different ones...

PS: SWeep shot and leg glance completed last night...and looking really awesome imho :D

still on course to have all batting anims done by end of this weekend

LM

You mentioned a variety of celebrations... Any chance of us seeing another one of Flintoff taking off his shirt, like he did in India in 2001..? Oh ye, can you also make coaches for this game as well, who we can view in the pavilion? I.e for India have Greg Chappel and for England have Duncan Fletcher sitting in the pavilion...

Was thinking about this yesterday when I was reading the replies in this thread

is it possible for you to have different weather conditions for different times of the year? it should heavily impact gameplay.

Say for example an India-Pakistan match is played in November in India or Pakistan (under lights), the dew factor should affect how the bowlers bowl (i.e.) the ball should skid on easily onto the bat making it easier for the batsman to play?

At the same time, it should be harder to bat second in the summer time in India..

Ideally, this should be controlled by the time (month) in which the game is played....

@ celebrations: hope you have a man of the match ceremony, a trophy presentation at the end of the series (no need for player voices!)

A toss with the two captains is what I would love!

Well, guys....time for an update...

i) We were going to use the logo done by LukeDaPuke but he seems to have disappeared ? That's a real shame, cos it was looking good. So, the call is going out for another logo...if anyone has any submissions please post here....These are the requirements:

- Must include the name "The Cricket Project"
- Must not include "Legend Master"
- need 1 version each in the following sizes 300x100, 400x30, 80x80

So please get making those logos!! ;)

ii) Took a bit longer to do the animations than i expected, mainly cos i got a bit sidetracked....had to fix up all the kit templates so i could be ready for people to get started who wanted to help with kits....JK16_4 was first to put up his hand to help out and between the both of us we created the first "4G" kit - the first kit is England ODI...it turned out extremely well IMHO - a LOT of hard work went into it so i hope you guys all agree that the results are worth it....I will be posting a screen up very soon of this, just need to finalise a couple of things first. Stroke animations will be completed either tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. Once all the strokes are done and implemented, i will release a new video to show off the full range of shots.

regards,

LM

Cool! nice man. keep it up! can't wait to see the screen shots.

FOR ANYBODY DESIGNING LOGOS: PLEASE READ
As the owner of the Cricket Project website I am heavily involved in the decisions about which logos should be used and which ones should not be used.

I have noticed a mistake in legend_master's requirements which needs to be corrected. Below are the actual logo requirements. If you are designing a logo please follow these.
  1. YOU MUST include the text 'The Cricket Project' as the centerpiece.
    [*]YOU MUST NOT include the text 'legend_master' at all, because 'The Cricket Project' is a community video game.
    [*]YOU MUST design a package of your logo with the pixel sizes of 80*80, 100*100 and 300*100.

Any logos submitted which do not reach these requirements will not even take part in the consideration process. Thanks.

Hi, this game is already looking great. Just wondering you know in Cricket 2005 etc and Brian Lara players can throw wiht any hand, well I was wondering if it woudl be possible so we could have players throwing only with their correct hand. Ie Pietersen throw right hand only, Strauss throw left hand only. I think that would add some more realism to the game! Sorry if this has already been brought up

ok, new screenz as promised. England fans enjoy....more kits coming in near future, i'm going back to animating.... ;)

thanks also goes to JK16_4 for his help with these excellent shirts - and the great Woodworm bat!

Attachments

• ENG1.jpg
    ENG1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 164
  • ENG2.jpg
    ENG2.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 162
  • ENG3.jpg
    ENG3.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 161
  • ENG4.jpg
    ENG4.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 163
  • eng5.jpg
    eng5.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 156
  • eng6.jpg
    eng6.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Superb work Legend_Master!

The player models look more real life like now and the kits are superb! Great job by jk too!

Users who are viewing this thread