TAOC Discussion

@indiancricketer, news is im still trying to complete all batting animations - but am on course for the end of this weekend. Then it's on to implementing them into the strokes and tweaking the physics - then it's on to finishing everything involved with the bowling...after that comes fielding, then huds / GUI and then implementing rules into the game. After all of that 'main game engine' stuff is done i can focus on player stats / rosters and data structures, competitions etc. I'm thinking about releasing a playable demo though once the main engine is done, i.e. batting, bowling and fielding, in order to get some feedback..make sure i am on the right track still ;)

LM

L.m. check video 5. while batsman is moving his bat, while waiting for the bowler bat raise and it goes through the wickets. it can b because of video compression. but i saw that. so just reminding u again.

Never delete my post again ;)

Last edited:
hehe...yeah, i know what you are talking about now...it's actually not the bat going thru the stumps, but rather the shadowing making it appear so...i'm using stencil shadowing at this stage (though that will most likely change later) which means the outline of the batsman gets cast onto the bat...however if there are 'cracks' in the light passing through, which in this case there are, a 'filtered light' effect is created, which is what we see here. I wouldn't be too concerned at this stage, as it is something which i know i have to fix at some stage, i just wanted to have some rudimentary kind of shadowing going until i can devote time to make it really good.

LM

LM. Man so far you're doing a great job! Take your time and make a perfect cricket game. I've been tired playing the buggy EA cricket games. You're doing a superb job so far, so keep it up man!!!

Yeah mate, its gets better with every day it seems. It is certainyl great to finally see someone who cares about cricket making a solid game. It angers me no end when the EA bowlers celebrate as if they're rapping on an MTV stage.

hehe lol...there wont be any rapping going on...that's fer sure

yeah, i would like to have afew different celebrations in there....how many remains to be seen, but there wont be rapping, and there will be at least a few different ones...

PS: SWeep shot and leg glance completed last night...and looking really awesome imho :D

still on course to have all batting anims done by end of this weekend

LM

legend_master said:
hehe lol...there wont be any rapping going on...that's fer sure

yeah, i would like to have afew different celebrations in there....how many remains to be seen, but there wont be rapping, and there will be at least a few different ones...

PS: SWeep shot and leg glance completed last night...and looking really awesome imho :D

still on course to have all batting anims done by end of this weekend

LM
Something like bit of patting on Bum and a kiss on a cheek would be good for celebrations!!:p

L.M. 1 thing that i would like to see is reverse sweep and surely the unconvetional douglous merllier leg glance that he plays, or even that sachin tendulkar plays that paddle sweep these would make the game more realistic. you can do these shots for only that player who plays these shots.

I completed the reverse sweep last night. It looks pretty cool too, i must say ;)

with regards to the individualised batting strokes for specific players, there are a couple of obstacles...mainly the fact that it's hard to get hold of footage of these being played...without footage I can't animate them ....so if anyone can get me a clip or something to show these specific strokes then I would be able to include them. But failing all of that, I have got a massive array of different strokes, many subtlely different from others, but a massive array..i will release a list of all (individually animated) strokes once I complete them (which should be end of this weekend)...top of my head there are around 40 individually different strokes / moves for the batsman

LM

ok L.M. i will try to get videos of it. 1 more thing that i notice in video 5 is, the 1st bowl that bowler bowl look closely it goes through the legs. it could be the similar problem as you got with stumps thingy that i told u. please check thanks.

Last edited:
i thought i posted a comment about that bt didn't..yeah, sorry i meant to have mentioned the passing through the leg, it's because i haven't turned on collision for the batsman's body yet, hence the ball does not detect that it hits the batsman's body. I did have it turned on but have left it off cos it's better for me to debug...but no need for concern, that's not a bug ;)

LM

this forum has gone bit quite... where is everyone. c'mon guys come up with some more ideas for this great game...

I know its a tough ask, but would it be possible to have different batting animations for selected top players? For instance, a Trescothink flat-footed clump through extra cover very different to a flowing Michael Vaughan push. And also, make some shots easier with particular batsmen - Pietersen's trademark slog-sweep or Vaughan's Pull.

L.M. one more wish from me. i think this should go in the wishlist section but i wil put up here as well.

when feilders throwing from deep not always it goes into the hands of the fielders or wicketkeeper.. they might throw wayward. please consider this because its a vital part, because it gives runs plus run out chances.

thanx in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread