TAOC Discussion

I am very interested in your project. It looks and sounds good. We all need a great cricket game so that we can play interesting games of cricket against effective AI.
I implore you to concentrate on gameplay though and not too much on detail.

L.M. one more suggetion. like ea sports and codemaster when wicket fall and new batsman arrive, the feild setting stays same as the last batman got out. i mean to say they do not change the feild setting according to match situation. i.e. if new batsman arrive at crease he should have an attacking feild, well as the set batsman should have more spread out feild.

Ea sports and codemaster have their pre set feild setting in their game and i have to say they all are quite rediculous feilds setting. no thirdman and fine leg? dats just lame. please make an count of what i said.

thank you in advance L.M.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your work so far, this has the potential to be a really great game!
Just wondering if you've done the advance down the wicket shot? If so, any screens?

Hey legend_master, I have something to say man. The player models look absolutely awesome. Great work!!! But take a look at the arms. The arms don't look real man. I'm sure you're going to work on that later and try to improve it.
Thanks!

@RabbleRouser - I have not yet done the feet movement, including advancing down the wicket, so i'm afraid no screens yet...but that is next on my agenda, cos now i have completed all of the stroke animations (as of last night)...the movement is actually going to be really cool...you will be able to move up, down, left, or right (e.g. this means holding up and right at the same time would effectively be a diagonal), right up until the point where the ball reaches you, so you can move to the pitch of the ball...even while the ball is being bowled...so you wont have to pre-plan where you are going to stand and it get's locked in, or scripted like EA's movement - i.e. how they control the movement based on the shot played. I think having this movement will add a great deal to the batting as feet movement and positioning is really important in batting, obviously, and tends to get overlooked a bit in computer "sims". Nice Sig by the way ;) Stewie rulez :hpraise

@Dhoni - i have not textured the arms yet, they are just a plain (single) colour - i thought they could wait til later...dont worry though, they will be much better when textured. I assume you're talking about the detail on them, not the actual shape...if you're talking about the shape then you will have to give me a bit more detail

LM

Last edited:
legend_master said:
@RabbleRouser - I have not yet done the feet movement, including advancing down the wicket, so i'm afraid no screens yet...but that is next on my agenda, cos now i have completed all of the stroke animations (as of last night)...the movement is actually going to be really cool...you will be able to move up, down, left, or right (e.g. this means holding up and right at the same time would effectively be a diagonal), right up until the point where the ball reaches you, so you can move to the pitch of the ball...even while the ball is being bowled...so you wont have to pre-plan where you are going to stand and it get's locked in, or scripted like EA's movement - i.e. how they control the movement based on the shot played. I think having this movement will add a great deal to the batting as feet movement and positioning is really important in batting, obviously, and tends to get overlooked a bit in computer "sims". Nice Sig by the way ;) Stewie rulez :hpraise

@Dhoni - i have not textured the arms yet, they are just a plain (single) colour - i thought they could wait til later...dont worry though, they will be much better when textured. I assume you're talking about the detail on them, not the actual shape...if you're talking about the shape then you will have to give me a bit more detail

LM
Thanks man! And, I understand what you mean. Keep it up the great the work!!!
:cheers :happy

just a quick update

well everyone, i have just gotten batsman movement working....so now as the bowler comes in and DURING THE BALLS FLIGHT right up until you hit it, you can move the batsman in ALL directions realistically, making footwork come into play ;)

Let me just say, this is sweet....i will demonstrate in the next vid.

LM

Alrite guys, just want to ask about Wicket Keeping. I think it is a very important part of cricket that is so often ignored. Was wondering if you were going to use proper wicket keeping equipment and make the wicket keepers realistic? Thanks

LM, a question.
Dont you think allowing the batsman to move whenever he wants and however he wants will make the batting too easy?
I am sure you know what I mean. Maybe you should not allow any batsman's movement till the bowler is just about to jump in his delivery stride?
Corresponding to this, I would like to ask when is the bowling marker visible to the batsman?

Looking good LM, sounding very good. One thing though, what if, like in a ODI, you want to back away and give yourself some room to clear the ball away on the offside, how would you do this? because if the movement keys are the same as the shot keys, you would then have to play a leg side shot, or are the movement and shot keys different?

dhruvdeepak said:
LM, a question.
Dont you think allowing the batsman to move whenever he wants and however he wants will make the batting too easy?
I am sure you know what I mean. Maybe you should not allow any batsman's movement till the bowler is just about to jump in his delivery stride?
Corresponding to this, I would like to ask when is the bowling marker visible to the batsman?

Hi dhruvi,
I think one more solution 2 dis cud be dat d appearance of d cursor can b delayed till d bowler is just abt to deleiver d ball or just prior 2 dat, so even if u r allowing d batsman 2 move anywhere in his crease all d time, d shot selection wont be too easy bz u'll get very less time to see where d ball is going 2 pitch isnt it?
I wanna know ur opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread