TAOC Discussion

Totally agree with what skatty and JK are saying, we don't want several versions of this game(cricket project 2006,cricket project 2007,2008.....and so on.). What's needed is the patience.
Let this project be unique and dynamic one so that we can update the squads and all that in a single game itself. Ofcourse 100% perfection can't be achieved and there is always room for improvement, so hope for the best.

Last edited:
cricket doctor said:
Totally agree with what skatty and JK are saying, we don't want several versions of this game(cricket project 2006,cricket project 2007,2008.....and so on.). What's needed is the patience.
Let this project be unique and dynamic one so that we can update the squads and all that in a single game itself. Ofcourse 100% perfection can't be achieved and there is always room for improvement, so hope for the best.

Thats more like it. :)

also keep in mind that we are amatures. we havent worked in any gaming company before and have absolutely no experience !! plus, we dont have even 1/4th of EA or codies employees and another thing is that we arent payed and have to work for free. although that doesnt mean i am after money but still... and even though we arent payed, we dont consider it as a low priority and you can clearly see that with the updates we are giving.

so my sincere request to you people is that please dont make us hurry cause "haste makes waste". also, only your support can make this game good. ;)

Last edited:
A bit of inside information for you. The final release will not be called the Cricket Project. It will be called something else, and there will not be a year on the end.

SkateBoarder said:
A bit of inside information for you. The final release will not be called the Cricket Project. It will be called something else, and there will not be a year on the end.
Perfect!
not only the game but its name should (..I reckon it will) have great impact on the users.This will be the last and perfect game made in terms of gameplay and A.I.
Graphics can always improve though.

cricket doctor said:
Perfect!
not only the game but its name should (..I reckon it will) have great impact on the users.This will be the last and perfect game made in terms of gameplay and A.I.
Graphics can always improve though.

exactly graphic can be improved later on. A.I. which is what i really want to be good. though graphics at the moment are really good too. we can wait as long as it take to make a good cricket simulation.
KEEP IT UP L.M.

Good to see how well the projects going, but im a tad worried about batting, it seems a little complicated - you've got to move, choose shot direction and im guessing choose either a front/back foot shot all in the space of a few seconds. Hopefully the video will clear this up tho. :upray

The game will be easy to edit, so you can chop and change what you like really.

Good attempt, but they could have had more on them. You can find screenshots here.

Will you have a system where, after the game is released, people can download the current statistics on the form of current bowlers and batsmen? Also, a way to add current tournaments?*

*Oh wait nevermind.

Last edited:
@RabbleRouser - it certainly does sound complicated, but believe me it is not as complicated as it sounds, in fact i find EA's 2005 much more complicated ;) Let me summarise batting in point form and in the sequence of events to debunk some myths and make it much clearer how it works. Hopefully this will dispel some feeling of complications you may have at the moment..although the video will definately help. These controlsd listed here are for keyboard obviously, and i want to have the option to remap keys / buttons. There will be joystick/gamepad support in the final game too. Read this carefully, it's really not that complicated....

* there are only a maximum of 3 buttons to press during batting - i) Movement button - push either w,s,a,or d to move back, forward, left or right respectively. If you hold it down he will continue to move that direction. If you push once then he will only take a single step in that direction ii)Back foot shot button - this should be held down as you power up the main stroke - Front foot shots are the default type of shot and do not need an extra button iii) Numpad direction key (Num1-Num9) - this is the main button that controls the type of stroke that you want to do e.g. off drive, square cut, hook, pull, duck, raise bat, block etc. etc - if you push and hold down one of these buttons the power bar will power up - when you let go of the button he will swing. If you hold down the back foot button while you power up, he will play the corresponding back foot stroke, otherwise he will default to the front foot stroke for that Numpad key.

so, here's quick example workflow:

- bowler runs in - you can move left, right, forwards or backwards to get into position.
- bowler bowls - you decide whether you want to do a front foot shot or a back foot shot. I quickly push the "d" key to move right one step then i hold down the "Num4" key and power up (Num4 is a square shot - square drive is Num4 and power bar in the green zone). I then let go of the Num4 key and the batsman swings, hopefully connecting with the ball. If I had wanted to play a back foot square drive i would have held down the back foot button (tentatively chosen Num0 at this stage, but can be any key you want) while i held down Num4.

So, yes, it may sound like a few things to do in only a second or so, but you'll be surprised how intuitive it is...if however, there is a lot of feedback during alpha that it is too hard, i can certainly make some modifications. Personally I find it's easier to control than Cricket2005, but that's just me...also, dont expect to be a master the very first time you play - remember that people adapt pretty quickly...with most gmaes i usually start out pretty crap but improve the more i play. The goods news is there is a lot of control given to the player so that they can actually improve and use a lot of skill, not justhave the cpu take over everything.

Hope that clears up some confusion ;) Also, the video will help clear this up even further

@Prarara - Not sure about this yet, but in any case, i am hoping the community will make these kind of updates - after all, i do plan to make everything customizable for this very reason e.g. you will be able to create custom comps etc. yourself.

* UPDATE: fixed heaps of bugs over the weekend, really important stuff that was hindering progress, so i am very happy about this. In the process I even managed to improve some things and streamline/fortify the code even more. I now have the following shots implemented in game (tested and tweaked and looking sweet ;) - FF straight block, FF (off) block, FF (square) block, FF (on) block, FF straight drive, FF (off) drive, FF (square) drive, FF (on) drive, Lofted straight drive/6-hit, Lofted (off) drive/6-hit, Lofted (square) cut/6 hit, Lofted (on) drive/6-hit

* Goes without saying that you can now advance down the pitch and slog a shot for 6...looks great, too!

So, almost a third of the way through the shot integration - taking longer than i expected cos of the bugs, but should now be plain sailing.

LM

Last edited:
LM, did you make the animations of players are celebrating when the batsman gets out and the batsman celebrate when he makes 50 or 100?

@Dhoni, not yet - i have a list of animations as long as my arm to get through, including those you mentioned, but i wanted to get all the core shots done before doing those 'cut-scene' type animations. But dont worry, we wont forget them...I recently made a list of every single animation - man it's quite scary how many there are going to be... ;-)

LM

Users who are viewing this thread