TAOC Discussion

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE!

:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy

I believe i have solved the fielding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ran several tests tonight - not sure ive yet covered all scenarios and i dont want to totally jump the gun, but im 90% sure its solved!

Will do more testing tomorrow, but i expect to be successful. This means i can now add the actions and AI part in, e.g. what to do when he gets to the ball (dive, slide, pick up, throw back, have a shy etc)

Very exciting i have to say...man, it has been a hard slog (no pun intended) and ive lost a fair bit of hair over this fielding lol.

If all is well with the remaining testing then expect a video on the weekend :p

Peace. :cool:

oh, by the way, thanks again for the support - you guys are great

LM

Well done, LM! Keep plugging away, I'm sure you'll do us all proud. :happy

yes, great news! really big step in development, biggest in a long time and i cant wait to see a vid of some action mate, give yourself a pat on the back

well lm ill tell u wat
if i were developing this game then i wuda given up on day 1 (not really)
wat im trying to say is i cant believ u are doing such a marvelous job and still maintaining a fantastic job. also u are never giving up. ur like the guy in the last samurai. he fought and fought and fought until he died

well lm ill tell u wat
if i were developing this game then i wuda given up on day 1 (not really)
wat im trying to say is i cant believ u are doing such a marvelous job and still maintaining a fantastic job. also u are never giving up. ur like the guy in the last samurai. he fought and fought and fought until he died

lol, thanks mate.

If i hadn't already gotten past the point of no return i may have already given up ;)

but i wouldn't recommend making a complete game to anyone unless they have ***** of steel and a lot of free time and energy! Hardest thing ive ever done. But hopefully will be all worth it in the end.

LM

lol, thanks mate.

If i hadn't already gotten past the point of no return i may have already given up ;)

but i wouldn't recommend making a complete game to anyone unless they have ***** of steel and a lot of free time and energy! Hardest thing ive ever done. But hopefully will be all worth it in the end.

LM

Hard works never went in vain :) TAOC will be a big hit :happy

lol, thanks mate.

LM

How do you find so much time when you have to balance cooking, work, girlfriend, family, TAOC, friends?

Gee, I am so grateful that your making these sacrifices coz this just looks to be a gem of a game. Can't wait for the day i can finally download it and play my first ever match. KUTGW

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE!

:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy

I believe i have solved the fielding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ran several tests tonight - not sure ive yet covered all scenarios and i dont want to totally jump the gun, but im 90% sure its solved!

Will do more testing tomorrow, but i expect to be successful. This means i can now add the actions and AI part in, e.g. what to do when he gets to the ball (dive, slide, pick up, throw back, have a shy etc)

Very exciting i have to say...man, it has been a hard slog (no pun intended) and ive lost a fair bit of hair over this fielding lol.

If all is well with the remaining testing then expect a video on the weekend :p

Peace. :cool:

oh, by the way, thanks again for the support - you guys are great

LM

That's great mate. Great stuff.

But I got some bad news. I think that the AI will be even harder then that. So expect to be pulling more hair out.

That's great mate. Great stuff.

But I got some bad news. I think that the AI will be even harder then that. So expect to be pulling more hair out.

I don't think so. The AI would be fairly simple if the players have the capacity to move.

What about getting them to know when to make bowling changes, what pace you have to bat at etc?

Not as hard as the fielding here. See all the AI patches for Cricket 07/2005/2004 etc. They needed the same sort of coding.

Basically now that fielding is done, things will start to fall in to place quite quickly, as the end is in sight. It might still be a long way off completion, but nothing compared to how much work has gone in to get here.

Keep up the good work LM!

Users who are viewing this thread