TAOC Discussion

is taoc going to be online, and for the cricinfo update thing, we could include that in the game menu, if cricinfo arent gonna sue u guys right? or are u just going to create a seperate program for it?

Dunno, mate, the cricinfo thing has just been raised...dont even know the implications yet...thanks for the support :)

Speaking of stats,

Will the game include an internal archive of stats for all the games you play? A bit like BLC 99 used to have where all the players started on zero runs/wickets etc..

Will this include a record of wins and losses for each team, series results etc?

Could this be alongside "real life stats"?

Yusuf

Speaking of stats,

Will the game include an internal archive of stats for all the games you play? A bit like BLC 99 used to have where all the players started on zero runs/wickets etc..

Will this include a record of wins and losses for each team, series results etc?

Could this be alongside "real life stats"?

Yusuf

yes, yes and yes :)

And if he does come, licenses will be another problem. :p

But seriously, you reckon we should try for a publisher after the game's release / completion?

Hope CC developer Glenn could help TAOC on that note.. He's a really nice guy..

UPDATE :-

now, that the thunder of the special update is over....:p...
have started working on tweaking the eden gardens kolkata since
last night and its never looked so good ! :-D

changes made :-

- Added Landscape
- Fixed UVs.
- Reduced the gap between stands
- Added trees
- Gave a new texture colour to the stands.
- Sightscreen is bigger and better !

so now, not only does it looks better but also you dont get the feeling
that your playing in the middle of nowhere ! :p...;)

UPDATE :-

now, that the thunder of the special update is over....:p...
have started working on tweaking the eden gardens kolkata since
last night and its never looked so good ! :-D

changes made :-

- Added Landscape
- Fixed UVs.
- Reduced the gap between stands
- Added trees
- Gave a new texture colour to the stands.
- Sightscreen is bigger and better !

so now, not only does it looks better but also you dont get the feeling
that your playing in the middle of nowhere ! :p...;)

So basically your playing a game and theres trees and theres nothing else! reminds me of the good old games.

i would like to know the size of the stadiums i.e in BLIC we usually find that the stadiums are realistic in size i mean the players are very small compared to the stadium whereas in EA the stadiums are a tad shorter than BLIC ones!
so hows TAOC gonne be?

Quick technical question:
Does the graphics technology implemented have any room for normal mapping, bump mapping, specular mapping or any other such fancy technologies, or is it just 'geometry and texture'?

i would like to know the size of the stadiums i.e in BLIC we usually find that the stadiums are realistic in size i mean the players are very small compared to the stadium whereas in EA the stadiums are a tad shorter than BLIC ones!
so hows TAOC gonne be?

You can judge from the screens, but its a key issue for me. It has to feel big...EA stadiums have always been way too small imo...BLIC was better, but maybe still too small, or rather the ball moved too quick - slid across the field like it was ice :p

legend_master added 1 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Quick technical question:
Does the graphics technology implemented have any room for normal mapping, bump mapping, specular mapping or any other such fancy technologies, or is it just 'geometry and texture'?

Tom,

yes, all of those are usable as well as shaders such as HDR, bloom, pixel lighting, normal mapping etc

legend_master added 0 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

And if he does come, licenses will be another problem. :p

But seriously, you reckon we should try for a publisher after the game's release / completion?

Let's wait til we get nearer to completion and we can address this one again :)

Users who are viewing this thread