TAOC Discussion

@Madman

My thoughts exactly!

I think the marker system is fundamentally flawed and can never provide that feeling of uncertainty and difficulty we want...

I had made some suggestions a while back about the marker. I think it should still be there but the ball shouldn't always land in it...

That is to say the marker is the "batsman's prediction" depending on stats of bowler, batsman, confidence, weather, whatever... However, it is not infallible and sometimes the ball would be slightly short or full or the line would be out or it would swing a bit more than the marker indicates (with an arrow or some such).

This would cause plays and misses and being beaten by the spin and you would really have to bat well to slowly increase the probability of the prediction marker being correct.

This, I feel would really give the impression of getting your eye in and struggling in difficult situations.

I also think that thebowling system seen in most games is flawed from the start and doomed to be a boring "put the circle here" job that becomes very easy very quickle...but that's for another day.

Yusuf

Even better, allow us to tweak the difficulty to our taste. Like in WWE, you can edit how often the AI reverses moves, how powerful different moves are, how quickly you gain momentum. Just like that, let us edit how difficult it is to time the ball, how big the bowling marker is, how aggressive the AI is, etc. Eliminates the need for AI patches if we can easily and openly edit the AI to our taste to make the game fit how good we are.

I really like this. I think it's really worthwhile making these things editable, even if it takes a bit more time. Its something im going to seriously be looking at.

Nah I don't like the "not having the marker" thing.

It'd be okay if you could view it from the batsman's eyeline, but when you do that in real life it's completely different. I can't think of the right way to explain it but it just wouldn't be practical.

I'm assuming you mean just for batting because bowling without it would be a shambles.

Perhaps we could have an option to turn it on and off?

dajesmac added 0 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

I really like this. I think it's really worthwhile making these things editable, even if it takes a bit more time. Its something im going to seriously be looking at.

Yay!

Haha cheers mate. Really appreciate your effort with all of this. Very excited about the game and the upcoming announcement.

Tbh it would be impossible to bat without a marker unless you were batting from the batsman's view. And even then it would be very very hard.

I think LM said that the marker will appear for a split second, and will be larger for a good bowler/bat batter, and smaller for a bad bowler/good batter. Or am I just imagining this?

And Yay on the difficulty tweaking :D

I think LM said that the marker will appear for a split second, and will be larger for a good bowler/bat batter, and smaller for a bad bowler/good batter. Or am I just imagining this?

That's a fairly good idea. Long enough so you generally what shot you need to play. Good thinking LM.

If you are batting then the better a batsman you are the earlier you will see the marker.

When you are bowling same deal - if you are a better bowler you will get longer to position it.

That's a very clever system mate, I won't be surprised if after you release the game that EA or Codies will come hunting for you;)

If you are batting then the better a batsman you are the earlier you will see the marker.

When you are bowling same deal - if you are a better bowler you will get longer to position it.

That's sounds great - as long as the difference you get for seeing/positioning the marker is not too great when comparing highly skilled to lowly skilled

I.e. when batting don't want even a great batsman too long to see the marker else batting will get too easy. It should only be slightly longer than crap batsman

I know what I mean but don't think explained it too well

Meditating to control my emotions....:upray

Letter to apologize for not posting my stadium to you all

I am noticing from long time that you all are very angry by the stadium makers for not posting their stadiums and it is your right to do so and i apologize for that,but the required excuses should be cleared.I am just now passing from a very crucial time of my life(high school year) which will decide my future,in an addition I am trying to nourishing my knowledge in 3ds max from a beginner to intermediate.Thirdly,I was doing Bangladesh Stadium and due to lack of good images,my spirit had retarded and the attraction towards making stadium became zero.Fourthly,my UV mapping is just terrible,so i am trying to learn it.

I,once again apologizing in front of all for not completing the stadium.I will complete the stadium but will not make any particular stadium but a default one.

Sorry Guys-
Nabeel

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread