TAOC Discussion

UPDATE :-

have finished setting up all the default cricketing field positions in-game.
i.e if you select "Third Man", the engine will know the co-ordinates(x,y,z) of
where a third man should be.

so, whether you like it or not, there are 64 default fielding positions in-game :D and add to that, you are free to place the fielder anywhere you want(except in the pitch :p) through the field editor which just takes the whole strategic experience to another level ! :)

now, will be starting with the Field Presets from tomorrow...
i.e Aggressive 1, Defensive 1 etc etc...

cheers

JK

Will the location (coordinates) of each position be different on different grounds ie. At the mcg third man on the boundary will be much further back than at Chelmsford per say. Also will all the grounds be symetrical or will some boundaries be shorter than others (leg side/off side) and will this change when bowling is from the other end. Whilst Im posting about this I also thought the slips on the new screens were just a little close. Just my
opinion, great to here the progress

Will the location (coordinates) of each position be different on different grounds ie. At the mcg third man on the boundary will be much further back than at Chelmsford per say. Also will all the grounds be symetrical or will some boundaries be shorter than others (leg side/off side) and will this change when bowling is from the other end. Whilst Im posting about this I also thought the slips on the new screens were just a little close. Just my
opinion, great to here the progress

That seems rather simple. If the boundary at the MCG is a third larger then push every fielder back according to those proportions.

Just to use a simple example... I'm only using (x,y) to paint a general picture... Let's just say that third man at Chelmsford is at (-5, 10)... at MCG it might be at (-10, 15). This of course will depend on how MCG is bigger (horizontally or vertically).

Of course, I'm not quite sure how this works so it might be very complicated to make that change...

have finished setting up all the default cricketing field positions in-game.
i.e if you select "Third Man", the engine will know the co-ordinates(x,y,z) of
where a third man should be.
Are those always exact, or are those co-ordinates automatically varied for different types of bowler/pitch bounce?

the fielders near the boundary will be the same for all the bowler types.
its the inner-circle fielders like the slips etc that'll vary accordingly ! :)

guys, putting in a lot of crazy hours lately....almost 8 hrs per day !!
currently giving the batting anims a complete makeover......trying to make
them as smooth and authentic as motion capture.....
really pleased with the output so far and is nearing completion....

koshish jaari hai ! (the effort is on)

will give ya my next update on tuesday ! :)

cheers

JK

guys, putting in a lot of crazy hours lately....almost 8 hrs per day !!
currently giving the batting anims a complete makeover......trying to make
them as smooth and authentic as motion capture.....
really pleased with the output so far and is nearing completion....

koshish jaari hai ! (the effort is on)

will give ya my next update on tuesday ! :)

cheers

JK

well well great news but no college?:rtfl

*cough* am a drop out ! :p

when can we expect the video ?

How is the fielding system in this game ? I strongly hope semi auto & auto will be there. But Will it be like Ea / ashes cricket 09 ?

about placements of shots .Ashes cricket 09 system is not bad. But i think CR type is not at all good .what type of system will be there?

Users who are viewing this thread