TAOC Discussion

Hey gys. LM i think this is an awesome project i dont care how long it takes to make. man its awesome good job

slaydya157 added 5 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

hey LM will the batsmen be able to play switch shot like KP (kevin pieterson) and will there be like a career mode ?

:)

ok, some of them are in the features list,some are not.
the main reason for this thread is to be as transparent
as possible so that no member would feel cheated and we wont want
to be labeled as "Liars" ! this list will be updated as the game
progresses.

Things That are present in TAOC that are NOT present in EA / Codies cricket series :-

1.) First Up, Plain And Simple - Realistic gameplay !!

2.) Realistic physics. The cricket ball will move realistically.

3.) Stat-Tracking.

4.) View replays of your favourite moments!

5.) Awesome batting includes many different strokes on the front and back foot.

6.) It is the first game to pioneer a stamina system for batsman which recreates the fatigue which is part of a long innings.

7.) dew factor For ODIs in the subcontinent. That is, it would favour the side batting second under lights.

8.) players like tendulkar / symonds can bowl medium pace, offspin etc.
so if we select part-time bowlers, there would be an option to choose whether we want to bowl leg / off / medium etc.....

9.) McGrath would bowl 80% of his deliveries in the similar area becuase he is very consistant with his bowling. where as brett lee would bowl 65% on the proper line.

10.) There Would be tentative pushes by the AI which will result in more edges
and a bowler like mcgrath can take advantage of his seaming ability.

11.) We would be able to select any headgear (cap,helmet etc) in between overs from
the menu.

12.) Player likenesses. Witness the Tall & skinny Mcgrath bowling to the Short & chubby Tendulkar.

13.) totally free cam can be used to select any default camera angle view and also in replays, no restrictions to angle or zoom.

14.) You can choose the people that will umpire your match from the official ICC panel.(will be available via patch)

15.) Dynamic weather conditions and lighting effects. It may begin to rain and it will get darker throughout a day!
And not like EA where the rain continues throughout the day :rolleyes:

16.) Duckworth Lewis system

Things That WONT be there :-

1.) Classic Matches (too much time & research required)

2.) Domestic Teams / cups / leagues (may be as an addon)

3.) Presentation After the match (unecessary)

4.) Licenses (Fixable via patch)

5.) Authentic Batting and bowling Styles.(very hard to do as anims are done by hand)

6.) Snickometer,Hawkeye,Ultra Motion.(money constrains)

7.) Next Gen Graphics.(limited technology / sources)

8.) Manual LBw Appeal Button (not necessary)

9.) Career Mode (too time consuming)

10.) Ball Smashing the pavillion windows :rolleyes:

11.) Authentic Faces.(gameplay more imp than graphics)

Things That Would Be Editable :-

AI
Bats
Kits (Jersey,Pads,gloves,helmet etc)
Adboards
Pitchmats
Grass
Turfs
Faces
Hair
Overlays
menu graphics
Rosters(stats,attributes)
Teams
Competitions/tours
Sounds

Things That Would NOT Be Editable :-

Source code(obviously) :rolleyes:
Animations
Player models
Stadiums

This is the fact list announced in 26-03-2007.Game undergoes massive changes from that time.I want to know,If this fact list still valid.If u have time
LM or JK ,please mention if there is any changes.

Seems as though my question got lost on the last page.

Will we see field settings that are symbolic of a certain team/country/captain's nature?

e.g. Dhoni is a very defensive captain and would put more fielders out on the boundary line than say, Ponting.

I know it's difficult do implement as even I couldn't tell you the nature of all captains in the Top 8 but it would be cool to have a few. However, I do see how this is potentially problematic in that there will then be people saying that the CPU isn't very responsive in its field settings for the teams with an attacking mentality.

Nice Idea shrav! Yeah. The captaincy idea is interesting. There can be a 'captaincy skill' in the game, for every player, and a set of three modes to select; Aggressive, Moderate, Defensive in the captaincy mode, just like for a bowler or a batsman, which defines the nature of the player's field settings and stuff. The higher the skill the player has, the better he places the fielders near the areas the batsman likes to play at. Can be interesting, if implemented, but as you said, there has to go a hell of work.

What you reckon LM, JK?

Last edited:
in the list posted above,

No career mode, could it be implemented as a future add-on, once the original game is completed.

No classic matches, could we just have a match editor, so that we can start a match with 2 teams, and then edit it to set the game to a famous version.

Also, faces will be authentic once we get to mod the game won't they, because we can just edit the faces.

And another thing, When we make a new bat for the game, how will we add it to the game, will we be able to get a unique file name, or will we have to copy over another bat.

Nice Idea shrav! Yeah. The captaincy idea is interesting. There can be a 'captaincy skill' in the game, for every player, and a set of three modes to select; Aggressive, Moderate, Defensive in the captaincy mode, just like for a bowler or a batsman, which defines the nature of the player's field settings and stuff. The higher the skill the player has, the better he places the fielders near the areas the batsman likes to play at. Can be interesting, if implemented, but as you said, there has to go a hell of work.

What you reckon LM, JK?

a very interesting idea indeed. will definitely try to make it happen.
but as of now, we are other things that take precedence but will definitely
look into it when we start AI ! :)

jkartik added 3 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Yes :).

Well, it won't be in the initial release but we can have an unlimited amount of teams/players in TAOC, with all the proper kits and stuff, it just depends how much patching/editing people do and knowing the patching community on here I reckon we will have loads of new teams within a few weeks of release :).

That's just given me an idea - will the tournament/series creator have loads of options so we can get the formats for different tournaments right? Will we be able to have World Cups (and other ODI tournaments), Domestic Seasons, Test + OD series (in one) etc.?

Good idea about the classic matches - as we can save the game during matches if we just had a saved match file editor we could set matches up for certain situations to replicate classic real cricket moments... would be good if it's possible.

I'm not sure about the bats file names, but i'm pretty sure we can have an unlimited number of them, and yeah the faces should be patched after release :).

I wouldn't be too bothered about a career mode really - having the option to play unlimited amounts of different series with loads of different teams with good gameplay and online multiplayer would be more than enough for me... any other game modes would be a bonus.

That's made me think of another question - will we be able to save online games? It was annoying in AC09 that you have to play a whole test match in one go! It meant that 20 over games were pretty much the maximum length of match you could realistically hope to finish. I'd love to be able to play some test matches online with people I know and be able to stop and resume them.

you'll have create a player, create a team and create a series / tournament.
so, you can do whatever you want with it ! ;)

yup...there will be unlimited bats to choose from.

classic matches is something we are considering right now....but it'll happen only when we are nearing release. or worst case scenario...can be done as an addon.

jkartik added 2 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Domestic cricket?

tbh, the problem with having domestic cricket and huge international tours RIGHT NOW is the lack of stadiums. it'll be foolish to play a 3 match test series in the same venue.

but since beggars are not choosers, theres not much we can do .

Users who are viewing this thread