TAOC Discussion

a very interesting idea indeed. will definitely try to make it happen.
but as of now, we are other things that take precedence but will definitely
look into it when we start AI ! :)

Hey, it was my idea!

Last edited:
Well, he didn't mention whose it is anyway. XD

Nice idea bro. But mine is the captaincy skill one. Hehe. :p j/k.

personally, i wouldn't mind if we only had 1 stadium in the initial release, because we need a new game to play on and tinker about with.

I would like to see lm and jk crack on with the ai and the main components of the game, and get it out there, then make the stadia and let us download them when they are done.

I know it has been said that next year it will release, but i don't want to see jk and lm get bogged down by stadiums and forget the main parts of the game. I don't mind playing at Lords for a while.

And on the subject of release dates, can we expect a release date closer to 1 Jan then 1 April, or is a release a distant sight that could be achieved by next July.

personally, i wouldn't mind if we only had 1 stadium in the initial release, because we need a new game to play on and tinker about with.

I would like to see lm and jk crack on with the ai and the main components of the game, and get it out there, then make the stadia and let us download them when they are done.

I know it has been said that next year it will release, but i don't want to see jk and lm get bogged down by stadiums and forget the main parts of the game. I don't mind playing at Lords for a while.

And on the subject of release dates, can we expect a release date closer to 1 Jan then 1 April, or is a release a distant sight that could be achieved by next July.

well, thats the plan right now. to concentrate on the main components and eliminate them one by one.

about the release date....we are expecting the beta version to release around JAN / FEB next year. :)

Hey gys. LM i think this is an awesome project i dont care how long it takes to make. man its awesome good job

slaydya157 added 5 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

hey LM will the batsmen be able to play switch shot like KP (kevin pieterson) and will there be like a career mode ?

:)

Domestic cricket?

Nice Idea shrav! Yeah. The captaincy idea is interesting. There can be a 'captaincy skill' in the game, for every player, and a set of three modes to select; Aggressive, Moderate, Defensive in the captaincy mode, just like for a bowler or a batsman, which defines the nature of the player's field settings and stuff. The higher the skill the player has, the better he places the fielders near the areas the batsman likes to play at. Can be interesting, if implemented, but as you said, there has to go a hell of work.

What you reckon LM, JK?

in the list posted above,

No career mode, could it be implemented as a future add-on, once the original game is completed.

No classic matches, could we just have a match editor, so that we can start a match with 2 teams, and then edit it to set the game to a famous version.

Also, faces will be authentic once we get to mod the game won't they, because we can just edit the faces.

And another thing, When we make a new bat for the game, how will we add it to the game, will we be able to get a unique file name, or will we have to copy over another bat.

Yes :).

Well, it won't be in the initial release but we can have an unlimited amount of teams/players in TAOC, with all the proper kits and stuff, it just depends how much patching/editing people do and knowing the patching community on here I reckon we will have loads of new teams within a few weeks of release :).

That's just given me an idea - will the tournament/series creator have loads of options so we can get the formats for different tournaments right? Will we be able to have World Cups (and other ODI tournaments), Domestic Seasons, Test + OD series (in one) etc.?

Good idea about the classic matches - as we can save the game during matches if we just had a saved match file editor we could set matches up for certain situations to replicate classic real cricket moments... would be good if it's possible.

I'm not sure about the bats file names, but i'm pretty sure we can have an unlimited number of them, and yeah the faces should be patched after release :).

I wouldn't be too bothered about a career mode really - having the option to play unlimited amounts of different series with loads of different teams with good gameplay and online multiplayer would be more than enough for me... any other game modes would be a bonus.

That's made me think of another question - will we be able to save online games? It was annoying in AC09 that you have to play a whole test match in one go! It meant that 20 over games were pretty much the maximum length of match you could realistically hope to finish. I'd love to be able to play some test matches online with people I know and be able to stop and resume them.

Neither JK or myself are working on stadiums as we need to focus on the more important stuff.

I know it seems a bit too close, but we are still on track for Jan/Feb beta.

LM

legend_master added 2 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

You asked the same question three times in different ways. I think the answer there are at least SCG, Eden Gardens and Lords, but there are about four other stadiums in progress.

Completed, signed off stadiums at this stage are:

Eden gardens
Lords
Eden park
SCG
Lahore

there are several more in progress by other stadium makers.

Cool !

The video October 2 ? sorry if missed the announcement

that got delayed due to my injury, diwali and stuff.
and since we are releasing a full fledged video after 15 months, we want this to be BIG ! so, no point in rushing....although we are trying our best ! :)

I m over-reacting. Sorry

15 months is toooooo long! :(

All the best, try to get it sooner :D

ROFL !!! HAHAHA.....i didnt say i'll release it after 15 months...

i said, the LAST / PREVIOUS TAOC vid was released 15 months ago. :p
and since theres been this huge gap....we want it to be something which
excites everyone !

You don't understand. It's been 15 months since the last video.

i said, the LAST / PREVIOUS TAOC vid was released 15 months ago.
excites everyone !

Embarrassed :o

Kick me out of this thread.

i said, the LAST / PREVIOUS TAOC vid was released 15 months ago. :p
excites everyone !

well you are correct .Come with the video with which all cricket publishers gets shock with your team's work.

LM, you have the cricket genre all to yourself, make the most of it! This should motivate you even more to make the greatest cricket game of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread