TAOC Discussion

Nabeel and Appu, you are doing a fantastic job here. Keep up the good work. Sad to hear about JK. I hope he'll get well soon.

will it be possible to play women's cricket, so that we can play a version of the game where England actually win.

obviously not in the initial release, but as an add-on patch later

Hi all,

just a quick update from me. Made some excellent progress. Sounds boring but the stuff i have been working on is 'foundation' stuff that is critical to what TAOC is all about. I have been building the data structures that will hold the stats and team/player info and making sure it can all be read in from external files and accessed at runtime. I've made up a rudimentary GUI which will act as a main menu for us to select the teams and stadiums we wish to use for playtesting. It's simple at this stage but does the trick for my testing purposes. It will also lay the groundwork for the proper menu graphics later on.

In doing the code for reading in the data i have had to allow for the fact that the external team and player files can be customized by users to add an unlimited amount of teams and players. This is now all working brilliantly.

Everything seems to be taking shape now, so i am really excited. The big announcement is still delayed of course, due to JK being out of commission, but i am putting in at least 18 hours per week without fail.

LM

just a quick question,i know it is very early to ask ut i am not able to control myself from asking...

will the game be able to run on very low end pcs like with 256 RAM and onboard garphics,i remember you once saying that you tested the game on you 4 year old dell laptop...please answer it...

Any update on the fielding or AI? Have you finished/started them yet?

Fielding was done essentially in the old engine. The code needs to be migrated to the new engine but that won't take too long. AI is being done as we go.

just a quick question,i know it is very early to ask ut i am not able to control myself from asking...

will the game be able to run on very low end pcs like with 256 RAM and onboard garphics,i remember you once saying that you tested the game on you 4 year old dell laptop...please answer it...

Put it this way, the new engine is extremely powerful. Sure, it will run on a low end PC but you will have to run in a lower mode that is compatible with your hardware. Thankfully we will include a lot of options for adjusting performance.

Though i would certainly recommend an upgrade soon if you only have 256MB of system RAM :help :p

When can we expect the next video ? Great to hear that it will work on low config. systems

coolz_hari added 5 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

In doing the code for reading in the data i have had to allow for the fact that the external team and player files can be customized by users to add an unlimited amount of teams and players. This is now all working brilliantly.
wow...great news LM

I have heard from JK and he will be back very soon. He has been laying low so as not to risk further injury.

Cant wait to have him back working, got a lot of tasks for him! :laugh

Yo !! guys....wzzuppppppp ??

officially recovered from the fracture. the finger is feeling a bit numb though.
was nasty !! cracked my forefinger trying to take a return catch.

anyhoo.....will get back into development from tonight...gotta get that touch back asap.

cheers

JK

Users who are viewing this thread