TAOC Discussion

Cricket Life has been deliberately delayed, they are waiting for the perfect time to launch into the market. As far as I can tell, they have a product that could be made releasable with a few months of touch ups.

Their website still has, "The PC edition of Cricket Life 1 will now be available in the market starting from early Q4 2008. " Although most of the text on it is very poorly worded. Maybe they are waiting for everyone in the world to become cricket fans?

One month today, since the last post in the Pre-release Alpha thread. Probably more since last word from JK/LM, maybe it's time to stop checking back in here?
I can't help but be optimistic, but boy they do test our faith don't they.

Maybe they are waiting for everyone in the world to become cricket fans?
That's why its called "Cricket Life". They'll wait for whole life to make everyone a fan of cricket. That's the new kind of video game ;)

I think they should make the game open source and pass it as it is to the open source community of game developers with a GPL license. If they are having problems, some other fellows might help them out or refine the product.

How's the progress going? Alright?

futility.jpg

Really, what was needed here is a spokesperson, not to provide information, but just to make vague positive responses.

I told the guys doing this, soooooo many times, but they completely ignored me. TBH, calling this amateurish would be giving it too much praise for the way they have communicated with everyone...:sarcasm

I told the guys doing this, soooooo many times, but they completely ignored me. TBH, calling this amateurish would be giving it too much praise for the way they have communicated with everyone...:sarcasm

Be careful. You might be offending Hitterman and the millions of others who will now come and tell you that it's made by just 2 people and that they make it in their free time when they are not burdened by personal or professional troubles.

Don't get me wrong guys, that is perfectly understandable but they can't just build up false hope like that. If they're not going to deliver the goods, that's fine. I know that they're not making any money out of this (for now) and they have their own problems to deal with. However, they should at least tell us about a lack of progress rather than completely abandoning the project by giving us no information. It's a tad unprofessional. I know that they aren't professionals and all, but it's basic courtesy. At least for me it would be.

Hello Sureshot,

I've checked in occasionally but never posted; been following the game since the old incarnation. Where in Sussex are you? I'm just outside Brighton. I get down to Hove a fair bit for matches.

Also; not sure if it's of any use, but if help is needed with game or promotional text, I have worked as a Content Writer for NCSoft.

Not sure why everyone is so full of doom. I understand being anxious and disappointed by missed dates, but that is the nature of development, particularly independant projects. While there has been a lack of updates, there have also been no messages saying the project is over.

I'm happy checking back, waiting, keeping optimistic. Well, happy perhaps is a stretch...

I really like the idea of the GPL license. I wonder if there are people out there that could coordinate it though.

I agree with shravi.....and I really cant make out what as happened these many days....I opened this forum with lot of excitement to play the game but this situation made me sad....Is this another self development game that is abandoned....or it is following the track of ProWrestlingX.........

I was talking with Kartik last week and he told me that he is not well. However, he is recovering.

I was talking with Kartik last week and he told me that he is not well. However, he is recovering.

Lol what kind of virus is he suffering from? He only feels well for about 2 or 3 days and then after that time, virus grabs him again? I am not stupid to believe this lol. a person can be sick for a long time but for really really long time? no way. all excuses are coming out now. He never feels good now days. why is that? What I think is that they are just beginning to get bored of this project and are losing interest. they are just waiting for all of of to forget about it and then it will all be over.

Users who are viewing this thread