TAOC Discussion

Open source is not going to solve all problems. It might have worked if they made it open source when they started the project.
And what makes you think its easy to port a game to Mac and Linux if you have the source code?
well open-source will solve many problems atleast e people will know the actual amount of progress if i want i can run a buggy version of alpha by compiling the available source code

Their game engine would have to support Linux for it to be possible which it does not. Its not even worth the effort to developing a commercial cricket game for Linux, let alone a free game.

but which engine are they using can you tell?
so that means all ea cricket games engine supports linux:eek:

but which engine are they using can you tell?
As far I have heard, they use their own created engine which they also use for other games like Tiger Woods and Madden.

They are using some middleware I suppose. I am sure no one will their basic engine which they are using,

Are they using Panda3d?or Ogre 3d?

because these are the only two great game engines which are available free of cost and yet these are very powerful too...

well open-source will solve many problems atleast e people will know the actual amount of progress if i want i can run a buggy version of alpha by compiling the available source code
How many people could actually compile the code? And, why release buggy, incomplete code? People would criticise it for being buggy rather than appreciate what has been done.

You can't just release code and hope that a whole community of developers spawns up and finishes the project for you. Its hard to work on code that has been written by another team or individual unless it is highly modular.

It means Abhinav knows which engine they use that does not support linux .
I can't tell you the engine they are using.

Are they using Panda3d?or Ogre 3d?
because these are the only two great game engines which are available free of cost and yet these are very powerful too...
Really? You should search the web. There are many more good, free engines available.

Last edited:
:facepalm
What a fail!
It's not even open-source there is nothing of the game except some videos and screens

Its such a shame that a potential of decent cricket game has gone no where. I have followed this game since the birth. I am saddened and never thought a finale of this game would be this. All the Hard work put by Paul and Co should have never gone in vain. I suppose too much expectation were on this game and it sad to see this ending.

So what is the next cricket development to follow?
There seems to be not much to write home about. I would love to see a good game on the market!

it is quite not the topic in this thread
but if you don't have console ic11 or trine or cr2 or ea

so my little view

ic11 is confirmed to be released but not confirmed on pc platform
trine is confirmed on pc platform but not to be released
cr2 is confirmed to be rleased and on pc platform but not to be a good enough game (check cr)
ea is not confirmed at all

Users who are viewing this thread