TAOC Discussion

sameer0807 said:
This game will beat BLIC and EA Cric hands down. This is gonna be next big cricket game

:D :D :D
This will be the first and last big cricket game as EA and Codies will be ashamed of themselves after seeing this game and may never think of making a cricket game. :happy

cricket doctor said:
This will be the first and last big cricket game as EA and Codies will be ashamed of themselves after seeing this game.

Or maybe they'll steal ideas from it...

BTW, will the ball move faster in the real game, in the videos it looks just a wee bit too slow...but that's my opinion.

prarara said:
Or maybe they'll steal ideas from it...

BTW, will the ball move faster in the real game, in the videos it looks just a wee bit too slow...but that's my opinion.
I reckon all the shots are played of the spinners,going by what L.M. said earlier.Will have a look at the videos in a moment. :onpc

Wow! Awesome new video LM! I love it. Thanks to SkateBoarder for uploading it!

guys, thanks for the feedback...and thanks for Skate for uploading...

@Prarara - good feedback, but i need more info. - can you let me know what you thought was too slow? The bowling or the ball after it was hit or...? Also does anyone else think it's too slow?

Yes, most of these are from spinners, except the cut shot which is a pace bowler...i can actually make things a lot faster, but the problem with that is the fast bowler is too hard to hit if he's too fast! So it's about finding a good balance there...but if people think the fasty should be faster i can arrange that....

i'm interested to hear all feedback - especially if you think areas can be improved upon...i've got a big list of stuff that needs to be tweaked and fixed, so likely things will be improved a lot again next video release...i'm gonna fix a few things before releasing the second batch of backfoot strokes etc.

next time i'll make a couple of vidz in slo mo, but i wanted you to see the real pace of the game, as slo mo wont be how you play it normally ;)

LM

L.M. i think it is fine i have looked at the video again and again, i think fast bowler is fine. spinner i think loop is quite high, well that's my thought so if you could implement that. cheerz L.M.

I was talking about when the ball left the bowler's hand...however, I was probably looking at the spinner. Sorry if my impressions are a bit skewed.

I was thinking, if someone could time a 'medium fast' bowler, a spinner, and a fast bowler and then use that as a reference tool, it may seem more realistic. Also, the problem could be fixed in the form of two patches, one in which it is easier to hit and the other where the delivery is a bit faster/realistic. Then again, I have to re-look at the videos to get a correct impression as I only looked at them once-and that too a glance.

Last edited:
LM you are awesome man!!!! NO words to describe this!!! Absolutely amazing work by you, LM. This game is going to rock the world. EA sucks!!! I love you LM...not a gay way.lol
And now, The graphics are better now than the last time, no questions about the graphics. I feel the boundaries are very short...can you please make them little big. Everything else is great! :)

Keep it up man!!! Great work and thanks
:cheers

Last edited:
Dhoni said:
LM you are awesome man!!!! NO words to describe this!!! Absolutely amazing work by you, LM. This game is going to rock the world. EA sucks!!! I love you LM...not a gay way.lol
And now, The graphics are better now than the last time, no questions about the graphics. I feel the boundaries are very short...can you please make them little big. Everything else is great! :)

Keep it up man!!! Great work and thanks
:cheers

Totally agree with u man but the graphics its just so and extremely awesome...... KEEP IT UP!!!!! :happy :clap :cool:

Last edited:
cricket doctor said:
**Don't get affected by these negative comments L.M. (this is the only one that I'v seen).

**Keep up your great work and please let me know if I can be of any help to you.

**You are a real LEGEND and you will be. :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

I didn't mean it as a negative comment. I just can't believe one person can do what EA and Codemasters have been trying to do for a long time.

But yes, I am excited about this game and can't wait for it to be released.

Hi

That last video looked awesome. I can't wait till this is released!!!!

Any chance of a high quality video? (size doens't matter:P)

Keep up the excellent work!!

Leon

Size does matter. I don't want to wait three hours for the video to be processed and uploaded. Smaller size means you see the video sooner.

Absolutely awesome Legend; I always hoped someone would get ****ed off enough with the rubbish dished up by the majors to have a go at their own project. I can't believe how good this is looking or how on earth HB/BLIC/EA haven't been able to to get anywhere near this level with their resources. Well played old chap!

A few comments on the latest vid - or specifically the shots - I love the foot movement (the leg glance behind square when the batsman steps across his stumps particularly caught my eye - what a looker!).

1. The camera tracks the ball as soon as it leaves the bat. This makes it difficult to fully appreciate the shot and the movement of the batsman. I think the game would be enhanced if there was a split second where the the camera stayed on the batsman before it tracks the ball, if this is possible. For example, the last shot - the sweep which the batsman appears to miss and the ball goes past the stumps - looked the most realistic, probably cos I could see it and appreciate it in all its glory!

2. The batsman appears to be a bit hurried - some of the shots seem to be played a bit too quickly and with minimal backlift. This could just be a result of my aged eyes and the ball tracking (as above) tho! Perhaps the batsman could bring the bat back a bit earlier and then hold it for a split second before playing the shot - that seems to be more like the style of a majority of test cricketers?

I can't help you out with the programming side of things, but if you want any testing done, or particularly trawling through tons of stats on cricinfo, I'd be happy to help you out.

Users who are viewing this thread