TAOC Discussion

Madman said:
I have played Top Spin and the sponsorship feature was very good but i would like a good cricket game with a career mode that doesn't distract you too much from the best part of the game THE GAME, THE ACTION. QUOTE]

thats true but similar to that would be very nice. L.M. could we have something like friday screenshot i.e. every friday you release on screnshot for the fans of this game. to see different screen. such asdifferent shots or new type of thing you added.

srk121 said:
a career mode should be somthing like a tennis game top spin. anyone played top spin? they have player starting with default kit like no brand name or nothing. then they develop them self and get sponsorship from addidas or somewhere.

i think we should have sponsorship from things like palnetcricket and stuff so it wont cost us money if that's barmy army and peopl let us. i dont want huge brand name its ok for me. but career mode similar to top spin in a cricket game would be nice.

Thats what i said in the other suggestion thread

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showpost.php?p=302022&postcount=142

Brett_Lee said:
Thats what i said in the other suggestion thread

sori mate didnt checked ur post. but i think its a good idea to have something like that.

Brett_Lee said:
Kool did you read my post about the sponsorships in the Suggestions thread??
Also is there going to be plenty of space to create players so you can create your own teams?

a) yes, i read it...um..sponsorships...i hadn't planned to get that detailed into the managing side of things, but it would be cool to have...i'm afraid tho that i can't commit to it just yet, which doesn't mean it wont be there, more of a TBA

b) space for creating stuff - yes, as i hav said before, one of this game's best features will be in the editing of everything...

LM

Madman said:
I have played Top Spin and the sponsorship feature was very good but i would like a good cricket game with a career mode that doesn't distract you too much from the best part of the game THE GAME, THE ACTION.

P.S = Why is Player Names/Numbers on shirts only "Likely" and not 100%, surely its a must have for the game!!

yep, Top Spin is a great game ;) and the sponsorship stuff is very cool, i just think that stuff is a little out of the scope of this project...but i'm not ruling it out just yet

player names/numbers is only "likely" cos i haven't yet worked out how to do it ;) but after a quick bit of research i think it will be feasible, so i'm going to increase it to "highly likely / 100%" ;)

LM

srk121 said:
L.M. could we have something like friday screenshot i.e. every friday you release on screnshot for the fans of this game. to see different screen. such asdifferent shots or new type of thing you added.

yeah, ok...that's a good idea...Friday screenshot starting this friday :D

* update - still working on running between wickets...quite tough, but getting there...making some good progress....code is basically done, just need to fix up the animations...

LM

legend_master said:
a) yes, i read it...um..sponsorships...i hadn't planned to get that detailed into the managing side of things, but it would be cool to have...i'm afraid tho that i can't commit to it just yet, which doesn't mean it wont be there, more of a TBA

Well if you need alot of research done on bats etc id be happy to do it for you and help out with that section!

legend_master said:
player names/numbers is only "likely" cos i haven't yet worked out how to do it ;) but after a quick bit of research i think it will be feasible, so i'm going to increase it to "highly likely / 100%" ;)

So if we create players will there be an option on what to say on the back or will it just go on the last name or name like cricket2005 caus it would be good if we could put nicknames like they did on the 20/20 jerseys or a different thing on the name instead of our default name!

Keep up the good work L.M!!!!

Also if your doing franchise mode/career maybe you should have an option to control your own created player/player already in the squad (realistic) and like call that career mode and get to manage a team and call that franchise mode and if you manage a team you get to choose tours and make them like and continuously run in the game! That would be awesome but would it be Hard to do?

Last edited:
LM, by any chance, are you a fan of open source? :D :D
this game is looking more and more like that. i love it

dhruvdeepak said:
LM, by any chance, are you a fan of open source? :D :D
this game is looking more and more like that. i love it

Mate, i am a fan of open source stuff, but i'm afraid i wont be releasing the source code for this game...having said that tho, most stuff will be editable, either from ingame or externally - editable stuff includes....textures: adboards, pitch ads, overlays, kits, faces, skin tones, bats, turfs, player heights/weights, player stats, competitions

can also create players, comps, etc. as well....

Brett_Lee said:
Well if you need alot of research done on bats etc id be happy to do it for you and help out with that section!

So if we create players will there be an option on what to say on the back or will it just go on the last name or name like cricket2005 caus it would be good if we could put nicknames like they did on the 20/20 jerseys or a different thing on the name instead of our default name!

Also if your doing franchise mode/career maybe you should have an option to control your own created player/player already in the squad (realistic) and like call that career mode and get to manage a team and call that franchise mode and if you manage a team you get to choose tours and make them like and continuously run in the game! That would be awesome but would it be Hard to do?

i would like to allow nicknames to be on the shirts (i.e. customisable shirt name), but may be more trouble than it's worth - let's say likely for that one......about the career/franchise stuff, i need to think about that- i will let you know later on...it's still very far down the track at this stage.

LM

Thanks L.M a perfect cricket game would hav them both (franchise and career) The cricket project is going to be great!

Legend i've been following this thread for the last couple of days and it's all looking good.

Just one thing that hit me re editable features - I don't know wether it would be possible but actually being able to drop new adboard/bats etc (rather than dropping files in before starting the game) whilst still in game would be an excellent feature.

Other than that can't wait for it.

SAFC said:
Legend i've been following this thread for the last couple of days and it's all looking good.

Just one thing that hit me re editable features - I don't know wether it would be possible but actually being able to drop new adboard/bats etc (rather than dropping files in before starting the game) whilst still in game would be an excellent feature.

Other than that can't wait for it.

yeah, i haven't ruled that out yet, but what i did have planned was to make file editing done externally and then you can choose the stuff to use ingame....for example, you want to make new bat textures - you would make them in your external paint prog of choice (photoshop or whatever) then copy them to 'spare slots' or overwrite existing ones (your choice) in the appropriate game (media) folder. Then you would be able to select those new bat textures for your player ingame in the player editor. It would show you what your textures look like on the bat etc.

LM

Announcement

guys, i have updated the thread of people willing to help...finally think i got it up to date - many apologies for letting that one slip...

if any of you see your name on there and it is either wrong or you have changed your mind pls let me know and i'll remove you.

Also, i have almost completed the 'kit pack' i was working on, which is a zip containing all the 'templates' you will need to do kits or faces or whatever and a readme explaining what needs to be done and what guidelines to follow for kitmaking, as it is quite specific. I have been working with JK to finalise the kit templates, and SAF ODI is almost completed. There were several issues that appear to now be resolved, so i should have this kit pack ready very soon. Once it is ready i will PM everyone that put their hand up for kitmaking...these are the current kits that are still open for creation...

all 2006 kits:

- AUS - ODI and Domestic
- SAF - test and Domestic
- NZ - ODI and test and Domestic
- SRI - ODI and test
- WI - ODI and test
- ENG - test and Domestic
- IND - ODI and test and Domestic
- PAK - ODI and test and Domestic
- ZIM - ODI and Test
- BANG - ODI and test

- KEN - ODI
- NETH - ODI
- CAN - ODI

- SCOT - ODI *
- BERM - ODI *
- IRE - ODI *
- EASTAFR - ODI *
- HONGKONG - ODI *
- USA - ODI *

* if possible to get data and kit info on

Let me know which kits you'd like to work on....but i will only except high-quality kits and no kits made be EA or BLIC or any other game - work must be original (or from free source)

oh, and i haven't forgotten about the 'Friday screenshot'...it will be posted tonight when i get home from work....this will show pitchads, runnign between wickets and SAF ODI kit...

cheers,

LM

Last edited:
curious...

guys, just thought i'd put something to all you guys supporting this project...

I played Cricket2005 a fair bit and really dont like it - many bugs and totally unacceptable gameplay....i could go into a massive rant but wont...

however, seems to me (allthough i haven't played it yet - have bought it though to try) that BLIC/RPIC 2005 is actually a good game. All the feedback i have heard about it is really positive etc. , especially with the patches that have come out etc

My question is, if BLIC/RPIC is really great, then why are so many people interested in this project? I'm just really curious...or is it because none of the TCP supporters have played BLIC? If BLIC really is that good, then is there a place for TCP?

Personally i think my game still has heaps to offer over those other 2 (maybe not graphically, but certainly in other areas), but i'm curious to hear what you guys think...

cheers,

LM

yeh it wouldnt be hard to beat cricket2005 in gameplay, possibly graphical though.. and blic is good but everything is a bit repative, like tailenders just get bowled out so easily and no singles, no runouts unrealistic swing etc

Friday screenz

well, as promised, here are some 'Friday Screenshots'

- SAF kit is still a WIP so pls ignore any glitches with it....
- Running between wickets is still not completed so again, ignore any glitches..
- pitchmat textures by Kartik...this was our first go at implementing pitchmats so again, ignore any glitches

enjoy...

LM

Attachments

• TCP 2006-01-26 23-20-19-01.jpg
    TCP 2006-01-26 23-20-19-01.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 122
  • TCP 2006-01-26 23-21-56-01.jpg
    TCP 2006-01-26 23-21-56-01.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread