TAOC Discussion

Drewska said:
Great work :)! SAF kit rocks :cool:.

sure it does.

L.M. i think blic was a okay game not so good not so bad. it had it own style whiched people like. your game is something i am rally looking forward to becuase we have not got any good cricket game till date. and i m quite willing to play and pay for this game as much as it cost

cheers

Hey LM, the graphics are awesome!

If this is the type of graphics you could notch up now, I wonder how much improvement you would make in graphics area by the time the game releases?

This is the most eagerly expected game for all of us! Congragulations!

The SA ODI Kit rockzzz... Good job to whoever helped LM on it!

blic was aimed at the cricket likers not fans so they made it easy n arcadey

I have not been following the progress of work really closely here, but from what I have seen this seems to be an awesome project. I have been doing some patching for BLIC and would love to contribute towards this project. It may involve faces, kits, rosters.

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:
legend_master said:
guys, just thought i'd put something to all you guys supporting this project...

I played Cricket2005 a fair bit and really dont like it - many bugs and totally unacceptable gameplay....i could go into a massive rant but wont...

however, seems to me (allthough i haven't played it yet - have bought it though to try) that BLIC/RPIC 2005 is actually a good game. All the feedback i have heard about it is really positive etc. , especially with the patches that have come out etc

My question is, if BLIC/RPIC is really great, then why are so many people interested in this project? I'm just really curious...or is it because none of the TCP supporters have played BLIC? If BLIC really is that good, then is there a place for TCP?

Personally i think my game still has heaps to offer over those other 2 (maybe not graphically, but certainly in other areas), but i'm curious to hear what you guys think...

cheers,

LM

I have played cricket 2005 and BLIC and the thing that strikes me is both games could have been so much better - If the developers had actually gone out and asked the fans what they wanted then it could be a great game.

The fact that this is going to be kind of a community led game means everybodies opinions will be sought. Also the fact that you say once the game is released the work won't just stop there like it has with EA and Codies - they released there games and dissapeared knowing full well both games were released with bugs.

So thats why i'm looking forward to this project coming to fruition

Madman said:
WOW!!!!!!!!!
this is soooooooooooo good i cannot explain how excited i am for the release of this game, i have never looked forward to anything this much before!!!
running between the wickets looks very realistic, the pitchad looks great and the SAF kit looks totally awesome!!
this Project will beat up BLIC and Cricket 2005 badly, the only reason we think BLIC is a decent game is because of the standard of all cricket games is absolutely appauling and BLIC is the best out of all those VERY bad attemps but it is not at all realistic and IMO not at all fun at all because of the AI, so this project WILL succeed because it will be fun, realistic, have real names and kits etc... , the sheer edit-ability of the game, fantastic gameplay and AI, Online Multiplayer and probably most importantly you care about the gamers and cricket fans who play this game and will release patches for it if it isnt perfect on first release which really shows that you care, all those reasons will make this game stand out as an amazing game that will change PC Cricket Gaming forever....

Forgot to mention, the pitchad in those pics look awesome and not like EA's 2005 version where they looked so huge!

thanx

wow! fantastic comments, guys! Thanks so much for the support....

I really need to make a special mention here and that is a massive amount of credit and reps for Kartik (JK16_4). He has been the one behind the excellent texture work on the kits, bats and pitch ads etc... not only that, but he has very high standards and has been pushing me to make things much better everytime. I honestly think without his pushing me along the graphics may still look like they did on page 1 of this thread - absolutely amateur quality....so please send reps Kartik's way...he fully deserves the credit. He also has put in a lot of work for this project for no pay and little recognition. :hpraise

I've been playing BLIC/RPIC 2005 for a bit now and i'm finding a lot of things that really annoy me...lol...Langerrox is right...too arcadey and cartoonish. Is it just me or are the stats all missing? Where are the manhattens, spiders, wagon wheels, ingame options, different cameras????? It's like it's only half-finished....the greatest thing about the game is the stadium models and the motion-captured animations...but far from a great cricket game.

LM

Hariz said:
I have not been following the progress of work really closely here, but from what I have seen this seems to be an awesome project. I have been doing some patching for BLIC and would love to contribute towards this project. It may involve faces, kits, rosters.

cool, i really need someone for faces and kits so that would be great...please can you put a mention on the thread for People willing to help out.... so that i dont forget to add you...

cheers,

LM

Drewska said:
Hey LM, will there be Minor countries in the game? I could do the squads and kits for them :).

check out the list for kits on the previous page...that is a good idea of which countries will be in the game...at least all of the official test playing nations and ODI nations will be there..(including world cup teams etc)...

but it would be very simple to add new ones if required later on...

here's a little news snippet...i plan to much later release a 'club level' add-on...which will be amateur cricket...i.e. district cricket...in the local park etc....and maybe even a 'backyard cricket' edition for fun...but that's much further down the track... ;)

LM

Great screenie, the game is looking really good right now! :hpraise

legend_master said:
here's a little news snippet...i plan to much later release a 'club level' add-on...which will be amateur cricket...i.e. district cricket...in the local park etc....and maybe even a 'backyard cricket' edition for fun...but that's much further down the track... ;)

Now that is gonna be cool :cool:

Well done, legend_master, keep up the good work. I hope you can ensure that 'The Cricket Project' is as realistic as possible!

L.M. neat work with the pitch mat. it looks really good. did'nt see that before. but it looks really good. jk16 keep it up your good work.

Users who are viewing this thread