TAOC Discussion

welcome back L.M. ope u had a good holiday. nice to c u straight in work mate keep it up.

duffarama said:
Yeah. To tell you the truth, Skateboarder has never given any interest in commentating for the game. I'm not sure where what you said came from, Drewska. ;)

When you said "Where has Skateboarder gone", you were talking about commentary so I thought you meant he was a commentator :p.

I could commentate. I do it every PE period in school anyway (soccer matches). So, I'd give it a shot. But I don't have a mic, so...just ignore this post...

To clarify, I have spent more time away from my PC to concentrate on school because I have my important SAT exams in May which really mean I have to focus.
After a bit of a misunderstanding with legend_master (not an argument, I just misunderstood one of his posts), I have uploaded plenty of new screenshots to the Gallery. Check them out now at http://www.thecricketproject.com/media/.
duffarama is also correct, I have no interest in commentating for the game, just maintaining its website.

thanks guys, yeah straight back into it, gotta keep on schedule ;)

with regards to commentating, i'll update the list at some stage (um, eta TBA ;) ) of everyone who is definately commentating, and will get samples further down the track from anyone else interested. But please dont ask me about it just yet, i'll be tackling commentary a bit later on, at which time i can get really in depth and will have a better idea of the detailed requirements.

cheers,

LM

the cover drive looks great !
Superb stuff !

ok.. so i collected all the possible / practical suggestions / ideas / wishlist from the thread and gave it to paul (LM) and we made few categories...
100 % ,very likely , likely & Unlikely ! ;)

1.) Almost exact pacing by CPU AI depending on the target set for them (or for target set by them!). It should be like the CPU adopts a different approach for a target of below 100, 100-125, 125-150, and so on in increments of 25 runs (or even 20 runs)! That would make it more realistic!

100%

2.) Ball physics changing depending on the conditions (prodigious turn on Indian dustbowls!), great seam movement on SA and AUS wickets, great swing in England and so on

100%

3.) when the ball beats the bat.. the bowler stares at the batsmen / does some verbal action. in, short some aggression which is seen quite often in modern cricket ;)
this IMO is a must as an addition.

Very Likely

4.) when a spinner bowls a cool delivery, the keeper should chant something like "bowlng mate".
"oh, nice one mate":) This hasnt been implemented till now and would be really cool.

Very Likely

5.) when a new batsmen comes to the crease.. his profile picture along with his stats like highest, no. of ODI's, AVG etc if shown would be nice :)

100%

6.) please do implement D/N Matches with proper effects and visuals. also, if there are D/N Matches in the subcontinent, the DEW Factor should come into play under floodlights due to which the gripping of the ball would be difficult.

100%

7.) a) different stances for different type of batsmen.. for e.g an openers stance should be like tendulkars / ponting's while a tailenders stance should be a bit weird like Mcgrath :D
also, b) the tailenders while batting should look more towards slogging.also, c) if possible
their shot styles can also be made different so that Mcgrath's shots wont look like ponting :p

a) 100%
b) Likely
c) Unlikely

8.) for example in BLIC the PC in ODIs has the same 'formula' for rotating its bowlers. in fact the same bowlers bowl in the same order. hopefully you can introduce some element of strategy in this.

100%

9.) also an element i thought would be interesting to have was pressure building on the pc batsmen if they are not able to score. maybe if they have a succession of dot balls and the scoring rate is rising, they try to scamper a suicidal single, or go for a big hit.

Very Likely

10.) if there is a career mode, then we can make the cricket accessories available for sale. so a newbie wont have the money to buy high quality bats and stuff. but can buy high quality stuff once he gets popular and has quite a few sponsors / money.

Unlikely

11.) we can have a option of choosing different overlays. for e.g if we are touring england, then we can choose sky sports whereas if we are touring australia, we can choose Channel Nine

Likely

12.) Umpiring Mode

0% (perhaps as an add-on)

13.) Classic Matches

Unlikely (more likely as an add-on)

14.) We Should be able to save replays..

100%

15.) Names and Numbers on shirts

Likely

16.) Let the player choose which stump to take guard on.

100%

17.) the feilding team keeping the helmet outside behind the wicket keeper if it hit that u get 5 penalty runs. that would be kool.

Likely

18.) animation for changing the ball in the inning.

Unlikely (tho there will be some kind of indicator, just maybe not a cut scene)

19.) The no. of overs in a day of the test matches should depend on which time of the year, test matches are being played. For e.g. in Pak, if you play test matches in Nov-Dec, there is no way you can bowl 90 overs a day even if lights are used.Same thing for Indian conditions as well.

Likely

20.) Having pitch report would be a good idea before the start of play. just as commentry but it would be good.

Likely

21.) acknowledgement of hat-trick. (animations, Commentary etc)

100%

22.) I would like to see, in the commentary, comments and discussions that arent purely related to the action, ie, discussion of how the SCG is a spinners wicket, and how the WACA is a hard-flat,
fast-vowlers paradise, etc, also, discussion of Bradman, comparisons of players, etc

100%

23.) dont do " Cut-Paste " commentary like EA.

Very Likely

24.) Generating innings

100%

25.) create-a-player

100%

26.) lot of camera angles. (replays as well as in-game)

100%

27.) Not every six is High as a skyscraper L.M. so please add this feature where bastman would able to hit flat sixes such as gilchrist and yuvraj singh.

100%

28.) I would like to see the umpires make bad decisions with edges. There could be pad then bat, and the umpire gives it out.

100%

29.) there should be an animated big screen displaying OUT or NOT OUT like in the Ashes

Very Likely

30.) fielding injuries

100%

31.) few players wearing sunglasses while bowling sometimes

Very Likely

32.) you can see the captain and players watching on the balcony of the stadium (especially when near a win, celebrating,or tense moments)

Unlikely

33.) i would like to se the abbility of being able to continue a run after hitting the go back button. in cricket games up to now if you miss judge a run and go back when you could of made the run as soon as you run back you have to wait untill they get back to the crease and come to halt before you can set off for the run again. i would like to see the abbility to hit the run button again so you can continue the run straight away rather than have to run back first, this would also allow realistic mixups.

100%

34.) i love the idea of a batsmen indicator showing what he thinks the delivery is as it brings a new level of realism to the game. players like kevin peitersen, brian lara and tendulker (peitersen because of the way he seemed to easily pick warney in the ashes)
could pick warney as say an ian bell or justin kemp or strauss for that fact might not read the ball

Likely

35.) i would love to see different animation of slip catching. different low catches, and different high catches. that would make it more realistic L.M.

100%

36.) legend_master, what i mean is, In real cricket nobody can bowl 90mph+ all the time (not even Brett Lee) so you could have a delivery called "Extra Fast Delivery" which is 90mph+ but takes lots of Stamina which shortens the bowlers spell.
Not like BLIC's special deliveries where they place theirselves, you actually control it.
Its not really a "Special Delivery", its just one that takes more stamina.
After saying all that, will a Stamina bar be there?

- stamina bar - no
- stamina stat - yes

37.) L.M something like pitch running warning would be nice. after 2 time third player is not allowed to bowl, that is a huge factor in the game of cricket these days. please consider this.

Likely

38.) people like tendulkar can bowl medium, leg , off etc. so if we select part-time bowlers, there should be an option to choose whether we want to bowl leg / off / medium etc.....

100%

LM at the moment do you know if the Career mode will be in?

legend_master said:
Career mode - 100% - details of which tba later on

Kool did you read my post about the sponsorships in the Suggestions thread??
Also is there going to be plenty of space to create players so you can create your own teams?

I like your list JK. Some of your ideas probably wouldn't work though, such as injuries and running on the pitch, because if the values are slightly wrong, you could get injuries every game and all the bowler being sent off.

As for bowling changes:

Each bowler has a mandatory spell of 3 overs in an ODI and 5 for tests. After that, if their economy is <5 in ODIs and <3.5 in tests, they get a second spell, and so on until their economy becomes too higih/overs get up. Bowlers are marked 1-7 (or 8 or 9 or 10 depending on the number of likely bowlers). Once one becomes too expensive/tired(stamina bar), they get taken off and the one with the number after him comes on.
First they rotate through the first 5 bowlers, same for the second time, and third time around introduce number 6. In tests their is a large gap and they rotate through the first 4 first.

Wickets can also have an effect- If they get a wicket, 1 more over for ODIs(that is if they were about to be removed), and like 3 more in tests.

Last edited:
a career mode should be somthing like a tennis game top spin. anyone played top spin? they have player starting with default kit like no brand name or nothing. then they develop them self and get sponsorship from addidas or somewhere.

i think we should have sponsorship from things like palnetcricket and stuff so it wont cost us money if that's barmy army and peopl let us. i dont want huge brand name its ok for me. but career mode similar to top spin in a cricket game would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread