TAOC Discussion

Let me know if you need help with bats,rosters,ai etc that you need for the game,I might be able to help.

Looks brilliant, but could I add that the player models look very square if you know what i mean.

Its looking f***ing brilliant at the mo

EDIT, Do you know what teams will be included???

what a great start you done mate! i wish you all the best... will each player have its own face? and keep us updated with more screenshots!

Looks amazing, especially when you've been doing it alone! EA Sports and Codemasters look only a bit better and they have whole teams working on it!

Best of luck!

Ok, to answer a couple of questions...

i) i think the wicket keeper positioning idea is excellent - i will add it to the list of proposed features.

ii) Langerrox - screens will be forthcoming...but i really want to get some more animations completed this weekend before releasing screens...need to tidy up the straight drive and sort out it's parameters. But it's coming along very well...so i'll be focusing a lot of time on this this weekend....

iii) faces faces faces...in short, yes, i do want to have correct faces, but this will depend on licensing. If it does turn out to be an issue, i want to assure you that ALL textures will be easily moddable - so the community can edit these until the cows come home...so, one way or another there will be faces.

iv) I wanted to stress the importance of not getting bogged down YET in graphical details...the models do look a bit square-ish at the moment and definately need some work - i am aware of this. What is important here though is that the gameplay and physics is perfect, only then can i go back and make the graphics beautiful. I am very confident in my modelling ability that i can make some really nice 3d models that are still quite low-poly, so please do not be concerned at this early stage about the appearance of models etc. in screenshots, these will not be the final models. They are there so i can get the 'guts' of the game done. Later i will have time to spend on prettying things up...

hope that answers a few questions for all.

thanks again for all the support!

Website should be going live hopefully early next week, just got held up on some admin issues - i will announce the exact date on these forums... :cool:

LM

@Andy82 - yes, it will have all international teams at least - ie. to include all test playing nations and new teams for the world cup etc. Depending on time i would like to have all domestic teams as well. I have made provisions for this in the code, so it will come down to time for art and data entry etc.

In any case, I am planning to allow new teams to be added and new comps and so on, so even if i did not include domestic/county in the final release, i am sure they would be added pretty soon, either by myself or by the community. The thing I am trying to accomplish is scalability and modularity, so whatever is not in the game at release can be added easily enough afterwards. ;)

regards,

LM

The end product will be commercial quality, but the size is very hard to estimate at this early stage. What takes up all the size is the media e.g. audio (commentary etc.), cutscenes, textures, stadiums...so it will be quite large...I would definately expect it to be larger than 1GB. I will have a better idea as it nears completion

LM

The overall size can be controlled with sensible texturing. Without wishing to sound harsh, the UV set for your bat looks a tad inefficient. I suggest that you do a proper UVW unwrap to create as an efficient a template as possible that doesn't waste texture space. Send me the bat model if you like and I'll do the necessary if you like. :cheers

Legend Master, would you like me to rename this thread 'Cricket Project' considering that is the name of your game now? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread