TAOC Discussion

duffarama said:
Legend Master, would you like me to rename this thread 'Cricket Project' considering that is the name of your game now? ;)

your right duff, good idea ! :)

but you are too lazy to even rename a thread. :p :D

legend_master said:
Yes, thanks Duff! That's an excellent idea :happy
No problems Legend Master and all the best for your game. Do 'not' schedule any release dates mate. You don't want to fall into my trap. ;)

ZoraxDoom said:
Speaking of which, your a year late :p;)

Any news? Are your exams still in progress?
Excuse me Mr.Wise Guy, but this is the thread for 'Cricket Project.' If you want to say something regarding my legendary game, then post it in the PlanetCricket Cricket Master forums.

duffarama said:
Excuse me Mr.Wise Guy, but this is the thread for 'Cricket Project.' If you want to say something regarding my legendary game, then post it in the PlanetCricket Cricket Master forums.
Ok then.

legend_master said:
@Andy82 - yes, it will have all international teams at least - ie. to include all test playing nations and new teams for the world cup etc. Depending on time i would like to have all domestic teams as well. I have made provisions for this in the code, so it will come down to time for art and data entry etc.

In any case, I am planning to allow new teams to be added and new comps and so on, so even if i did not include domestic/county in the final release, i am sure they would be added pretty soon, either by myself or by the community. The thing I am trying to accomplish is scalability and modularity, so whatever is not in the game at release can be added easily enough afterwards. ;)

regards,

LM

That is ****ing Excellent M8

Thanks to the cunning Prakash for lifting my veil of stupidity, I have been preliminarily messing around with the stadia from C2K5 in 3DS Max 7. This pic is not to demonstrate any graphical qualities. Quite the contrary! There is a lot of work needed on each one for many reasons. The main one being that the model is in hundreds of different pieces and a lot of the Normals have been flipped which is going to take a long time to rectify. That having been said, no one ever said that progress was meant to be quick! :p
(This is Lords, by the way, in case you couldn't tell :p)

Attachments

• Lords.jpg
    Lords.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 265
this is grat .... u gone make copyes of ur CD and sell them to HMV so i can buy a real game of cricket >>> great stuff .. just 1 thing the 3d players are a bit echy ... any way the bats are the best

What about player faces >>>> ??

usy57_pak said:
this is grat .... u gone make copyes of ur CD and sell them to HMV so i can buy a real game of cricket >>> great stuff .. just 1 thing the 3d players are a bit echy ... any way the bats are the best

What about player faces >>>> ??
Don't you read before posting? Paul has said that he is concetrating on gameplay first, then he will improve the models!

Ohh sorry .... this will be great man .... what about for people who have dialup internet and how will they download ... hope it is realistic gameplay ... real kits logos faces icc umpires third umpire etc i cant wait any demo realease dates .. :cheers

usy57_pak said:
Ohh sorry .... this will be great man .... what about for people who have dialup internet and how will they download ... hope it is realistic gameplay ... real kits logos faces icc umpires third umpire etc i cant wait any demo realease dates .. :cheers

still lot of work needs to be done before we even think of demo release mate.....

OK .. are uz using a 3D programmer ..

coool ... i think it would be a real hard tast for uz . keep it up ....

1 more thing what will it be called the game ?? Cricket Master 2005 ??

whoah! a fair bit of activity overnight!

ok, to answer some questions....

i) Skateboarder is the webmaster for the website and it is nearing completion but is at the moment is in the final stages of being fixed up...I have prepared some video clips of ingame animation and ball physics, but i had to reduce the quality or else the downloads would be 50MB! But you can at least get a sense of the animations and collision and physics in action!

ii) this is the last time i will mention about the models ;-) yes, they look only average at this stage, but i WILL be fixing them to look excellent but ONLY AFTER the main game is done will i be focusing on making it pretty. What's the point of having beautiful models if the game doesn't exist or sux?? Maybe EA can answer that ;-)

iii) demo is a long way off ;-)

iv) Burma's - that does look pretty cool..but i really want to do stadiums from scratch...i am not going to use the EA ones even if they are modded....but i wouldn't mind using some of their tricks for stadium creation...like the textured planes...worth trying...could save a lot of polys...

v) newz - i have completed the straight drive animation - looks really cool if i do say so myself (trying to remain humble) ;-)

vi) the title of the game - i dont want to announce this yet in case some one else takes it or registers it or whatever, so it's codenamed "The Cricket Project" at this stage...I have a cool name but it wont be announced until much later...but it wont be "Cricket Master 2005 or 2006 " ;-)
regards,

LM

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread