TAOC Discussion

thanks, i do appreciate everyone's appreciation ;)

the tutorial is now complete, so please can serious people only pm me and i will get you the files. As I said i would only be considering people who are very committed and have proven skills in 3d modelling. The reason for this is i dont have enough time to walk you through each step, so i kind of need you to be able to go through the tutorial and basically be able to pick it up from there.

cheers all,

LM

Please could you visit the wishlist thread in this TCP forum. There is a little debate going on about added modes, and we dont even know if you are going to add any in.

Manee

Next Video

Hi everyone.

I am right back into the 'swing' of things now (pardon the pun) and TCP is going to undergo some dramatic improvements in the next few months as I am able to devote more time to it than ever before.

I am planning to release a new video reel (possible more than 1) around the end of this week. It will show the following new features:

- bowlers - spin and pace
- improved bowling physics, including swing and spin for the first time
- Full new stadium (SCG) model integrated into game engine
- new camera tracking mode for shots
- improved field and lighting system
- improved ball physics including batsman lofted shots

I will post again when i know exactly the time i will release it.

cheers all,

LM

Nice, the gameplay at first looks a little similar to BLIC/RPIC which is a good thing (and I know my sport games :p)

Interested to see what else you have installed for the game :)

Well, i am planning to release the next video on the weekend if all goes according to plan. I wanted to have the bowling HUD all completed by then but it will have to wait until the next vid. In terms of bowling, at least it will show the ball spinning and swinging. Lee, I will upload as usual and message you when done - proabably will be Saturday.

legend_master said:
Well, i am planning to release the next video on the weekend if all goes according to plan. I wanted to have the bowling in HD probably will be Saturday.
great work :p:p:cool::rolleyes:

Well, here a a couple of teaser screens while i prepare to do the video(s) which should be released tonight or tomorrow at the latest. Dont expect BLIC2007 shaders etc. but i think it's come up pretty good ;-) Also you wont need a Beast of a machine (dual SLI linked PCI-express video card worth $1000) to play TCP!

there are too many screens to upload all, so go to this link to see heaps...

http://rapidshare.de/files/26610711/TCPpix.rar.html

ive attached a couple of choice pix to the post in the GAME SCREENZ thread - no shadows or shaders yet so dont be too disappointed - still early in development...also the crowd was very quickly done as a proof of concept...i will be improving it over time..i wanted to get a crowd in for the videos so have spent all today working on it...it's still very rough though...and the stadium textures need some work too

keep an eye out for the vid either tonight or tomorrow.

cheers,

LM

************* UPDATE **************************

well, i know the crowd sux, i did mention that right? :mad But i couldn't just have an empty stadium for the video.

I am going to have to delay the video then to work on getting the crowd to an acceptable level.

Sorry everyone, but the video will not be released this weekend. :(

Apologies, but i have changed my mind - i dont want to release the video with a crap crowd..

i dont think crowd matters that much !! Does it ??

legend_master said:
Well, here a a couple of teaser screens while i prepare to do the video(s) which should be released tonight or tomorrow at the latest. Dont expect BLIC2007 shaders etc. but i think it's come up pretty good ;-) Also you wont need a Beast of a machine (dual SLI linked PCI-express video card worth $1000) to play TCP!

there are too many screens to upload all, so go to this link to see heaps...

http://rapidshare.de/files/26610711/TCPpix.rar.html

ive attached a couple of choice pix to the post in the GAME SCREENZ thread - no shadows or shaders yet so dont be too disappointed - still early in development...also the crowd was very quickly done as a proof of concept...i will be improving it over time..i wanted to get a crowd in for the videos so have spent all today working on it...it's still very rough though...and the stadium textures need some work too

keep an eye out for the vid either tonight or tomorrow.

cheers,

LM

Considering they're early pics, they look really good. Kudos to you for your superlative work! My only gripe is that the white ball looks a little too small.

ah come on mate the crowd doesnt matter that much please release

well, i have found a better way to do the crowd, so if i can get it done by tomorrow night, then the vids will be tomorrow night... :) but i have a lot of work to do until then :onpc

Ritwik, i think i agree too...luckily this is a 1 second change...ill make it a bit bigger and see how it looks...

Users who are viewing this thread