TAOC Discussion

Wow, can't believe its gone this far in 2 months. I haven't been watching this much :D

Looks amazing guys, keep it up since the progress seems to be going pretty well :)

And I just "can't wait". :D

I have a general question about the game. Is there going to be a difference about how 10 over, 20 over, 40 over, 50 over and Test matches play like.

E.g. Its easier to slog and gain confidence and get wickets in shorter forms of the game! And harder to do all these things in a test match.

Conversely, blocks should build confidence in Test matches but should lower it in 10 over games.

Will there be players like Hoggard who get killed in ODIs but do well in test matches.

Do you still need help getting crowd sounds because sadly I havent been able to get any.

Last edited:
manee said:
I have a general question about the game. Is there going to be a difference about how 10 over, 20 over, 40 over, 50 over and Test matches play like.

E.g. Its easier to slog and gain confidence and get wickets in shorter forms of the game! And harder to do all these things in a test match.

Conversely, blocks should build confidence in Test matches but should lower it in 10 over games.

Will there be players like Hoggard who get killed in ODIs but do well in test matches.

Do you still need help getting crowd sounds because sadly I havent been able to get any.

AI will certainly be different, but i dont see why the actual mechanics of gameplay should be different...

i know what you are saying though, and a lot of this will come out later on whether it needs to be changed or not...

UPDATE

well, sorry for the massive long break..as you know the World Cup final is on in the morning and then no more soccer to distract me!!

however, if you hop right over to the GAME SCREENZ thread i have posted a little surprise...

I have actually been busily working away on the SCG stadium, and a stadium making tutorial to go along with it.. The stadium is complete but the tut is still coming...im very happy with how the stadium turned out so have posted a couple of screenz - including one really large hi-res one - sorry for dialup people who have to wait for the loading :(

I know the stadium is a distraction but it had to be done so others can do some stadiums while i work on other stuff - people can use this one as a base to learn from.

So, as of tomorrow, im back into the bowling and hope to have it completed pretty soon. The video is coming very soon, watch this space.

So, in summary TCP is back and on fire :happy

Good stuff mate - I've been playing cricket 2005 and one thing i've really noticed is how poor the crowd sounds are. I really hope someone from on here who goes to tests has been trying to record some decent sounds for this game. EA's efforts are shoddy as the crowds just don't seem to react to shots, wickets, 50's and 100's.

LM to make some of the png images eg kit template are you using Fireworks or Photoshop or what program?

I just have to say that the amount of reps that you have is a testament to your hard work and determination

Users who are viewing this thread