TAOC Discussion

P

pcfan123

Thanks for confirming that its dead. Honestly might as well release the source code. No one is ever going to buy it from you guys, no point in just holding it back. Who knows, someone might build on it. You can always claim the initial credit for it

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's something I've been thinking about approaching LM for. Especially now I've almost finished my MSc dissertation (which was developing a piece of cricket games tech!) and need a new project.

There's too much good stuff to there to let it go to waste, in my opinion.

Bounce

County Cricketer
This is absolutely right. Wow, I still remember some videos which were posted ahead of the alpha release. They were damn good.
I just searched TAOC on youtube and got many videos of the game. They indeed look fantastic.

Cheers

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
It's something I've been thinking about approaching LM for. Especially now I've almost finished my MSc dissertation (which was developing a piece of cricket games tech!) and need a new project.

There's too much good stuff to there to let it go to waste, in my opinion.

I second LC...
if possible,then please release the source codes.A lot of good stuff is stored in your PC which will be wasted!

@JK:BTW,you could have always asked for donations from the PC members to fund you if you needed the money?!

Now,after the official announcement of abandoning TAOC(R.I.P. 2005-2010),I feel like dumb.I learned 3ds max with so much difficulties only for this game:crying and now its dead? but the good thing is I learned 3d modelling and animation ;) and the credit goes to this game development....

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
- 2 People creating a full-on cricketing simulation was always impossible.
we too knew the realistic chances of it being released from the beginning but were blinded by the passion for cricket and the lack of a quality simulation.

A commercial quality 3d game which is free and is closed-source has never happened and probably will never happen

Yup that is VERY impossible but you could have started the open-source project with the intention to serve the community and people could have contributed

You can always claim the initial credit for it

Depends on the license you choose to release the source code

leventia

Banned
I have some fantastic news for all you keen cricket lovers. I inherited the source code a while ago and have been working on this game along with my team. The game is only a few days away from being released. Will keep you informed in relation to the release date

P

pcfan123

wind-up-lamp01.jpg

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
I have some fantastic news for all you keen cricket lovers. I inherited the source code a while ago and have been working on this game along with my team. The game is only a few days away from being released. Will keep you informed in relation to the release date

What do you mean inherited ?
the taoc people are selfish at most and will never give way the source code:facepalm
and if they really gave it to you why not release it under gpl/lgpl license to the public

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_wt_EG2EeSxo/SdKZuNIlf4I/AAAAAAAACso/WFiLLkszKJY/s320/get_the_****_out.jpg

jkartik added 4 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

the taoc people are selfish at most and will never give way the source code:facepalm

:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:clap:clap:clap

Users who are viewing this thread