Telecast rights question

formula1man

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
does anyone know who has the telecast rights to the Ashes? ive heard SBS. But my aerial doesnt pick up SBS, but im getting sattelite foxtel soon, will that pick up SBS.

Also which other Australian tours does Foxtel have for this year?
to South Africa?
Pakistan?
Ashes?

I know SBS showed the Ashes in 2005, but that was when the host broadcaster was C4 here. This year the Ashes will be shown on Sky Sports here, meaning they might be shown on FOX Sports in Australia.

SBS showed the Ashes 05, but so did FOX sports. Formula1man, FOX is great because it shows all the domestic matches and every Australian away tour so i think the Ashes will be on FOX sports. Go on the website and check out the schedule.

Last time SBS had the Ch.4 coverage and Fox had the Sky coverage, Ch. 7 had the one dayers. It's probably the same this year
There is no C4 coverage this year, it is exclusive to Sky Sports.

SBS are definitely showing the Ashes this year again, they've been advertising it. Good luck getting reception without a digital receiver though.

If you're getting Foxtel you will be able to receive SBS through them, but it won't make a difference really because it will also on be on Fox Sports anyway.

They'll both be showing the same feed this year because there's no Channel 4 cricket in England anymore.

Anyone know who's in the commentary for the SBS coverage? Sky sports has pretty good, balanced commentators. The ones on Nine are mostly mediocre or in the case of Richie Benaud way too quiet. My personal opinion though.

its on sbs i was watching it yesterday and a they had a add about it

Anyone know who's in the commentary for the SBS coverage? Sky sports has pretty good, balanced commentators. The ones on Nine are mostly mediocre or in the case of Richie Benaud way too quiet. My personal opinion though.
It'll be whoever is on Sky Sports. Last time a few Channel Nine guys were at Channel Four I think, but it might have just been because Richie was working for Four every summer. I assume it'll just be Sky's normal team possibly with a few Aussie commentators too.

I'm thrilled that SBS has the rights for it. I don't have Foxtel and don't get any of the English channels at all. I just get Ten, ABC, NBN, 7 and SBS. So I can see some Ashes Cricket! WOOT!

I have a question now - what time will be be aired in Australian Eastern Standard Time?

It'll be whoever is on Sky Sports. Last time a few Channel Nine guys were at Channel Four I think, but it might have just been because Richie was working for Four every summer. I assume it'll just be Sky's normal team possibly with a few Aussie commentators too.
Sky always get a commentator from the touring team. In 2005 they had Greg Blewett but he won't do it this year I don't think, not now Sky have exlcusive live rights.

If I took a guess I'd say that Richie and Mark Nicholas would be the frontrunners.

Users who are viewing this thread