Telecast rights question

Yes Richie did his last TV work in England in 2005. And what a shame that was. Nicholas might be a good bet, despite being English, as he started his career with Sky. Trying to remember who has worked for Sky from the tourists since they won the rights. Normally someone who used to play for the country and now works on TV. I would like to see Michael Slater myself.

Great news, Warney did commentary for the last two tests of the summer this year and was fantastic, both insightful and entertaining, which is rare. Channel Nine had best sign him up now properly because their commentary team for the ODI and Twenty20s was woeful. Gilchrist and Brayshaw were terrible.

Last edited:
Starts around 9:30pm IIRC.

Starts at 7pm, ala South Africa.

Dean, what was wrong with Gilchrist. I didn't actually hear him much because I was at school or working, but what I did hear of him I thought he provided some good insight into the game.

Yesterday's news means Sky Sports again has one of the best commentary teams in the world, and one of the finest to cover an Ashes series:

David Gower (presenting & commentating)
Charles Colvile (presenting)
Bob Willis (analysing)
Sir Ian Botham (commentating)
David Lloyd (commentating)
Nasser Hussain (commentating)
Michael Atherton (commentating)
Michael Holding (commentating)
Shane Warne (commentating)

Starts at 7pm, ala South Africa.

Dean, what was wrong with Gilchrist. I didn't actually hear him much because I was at school or working, but what I did hear of him I thought he provided some good insight into the game.

His voice wasn't really easy on the ear imo.

Yesterday's news means Sky Sports again has one of the best commentary teams in the world, and one of the finest to cover an Ashes series:

David Gower (presenting & commentating)
Charles Colvile (presenting)
Bob Willis (analysing)
Sir Ian Botham (commentating)
David Lloyd (commentating)
Nasser Hussain (commentating)
Michael Atherton (commentating)
Michael Holding (commentating)
Shane Warne (commentating)

Who's Charles Colvile? Is he new?

Get rid of Hussain and it's good.

Gilly Fan added 0 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

His voice wasn't really easy on the ear imo.

You could say that about Bill Lawry with his crackly voice.

I don't like Shane Warne as a commentator, the little I've heard. He's still in that frame of mind where he feels a constant need to defend the players he's played with at all costs. I'd say give it two years before he no longer feels as much of a sentimental attachment to such players. Just a thought.

Who's Charles Colvile? Is he new?

Get rid of Hussain and it's good.
No, Colvile has been working for Sky Sports for 19 years now! He has commentated on internationals in the past, and still does for domestic cricket, but he is now the presenter of the extended highlights of England's home internationals. He is actually presenting the Sky Sports coverage of West Indies vs England today.

I disagree on Hussain by the way. He has a lot of very good points to make and his banter with Sir Ian Botham is class.

Great commentry team looking forward to seeing Warnie and Sir Ian in the box.

Users who are viewing this thread