Test Cricket Draft

Gilly's already been selected mate.

Plus you've got 2 selections to make.

Really? I quickly went through but didn't see him. I'll change it, and i'll look closer next time ;)

Holding better not have been picked.. I know Marshall has.

Feelin Blue? added 4 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Ah, I remember seeing when Jake picked Gilly so I don't know how I forgot :p

ralillee.jpg

Dennis Lillee - One of the greatest face bowlers ever and was rated by ESPN Legends of Cricket as the greatest pace bowler that ever lived. He brings another fearsome level of intimidation to my lineup and only strengthens my bowling lineup furthermore. Shocking that he hasn't been picked up earlier, to be honest.

Kumar Sangakkara (wk)
Imran Khan (c)
Dennis Lillee
Curtly Ambrose

My next pick is, Joel Garner.

Reason: If i've got a guy who can take your head clean off like Miller, I might as well give you the option of having your toe crushed by a "Big Bird Special". His ability to get wickets at a good strike rate and is a guy who provides great support for his bowling partners and is a perfect compliment to my current bowling line up of Miller and Underwood.

2. Herbert Sutcliffe
8. Keith Miller
9. Joel Garner
10. Derek Underwood

Just updating my team.

7. Adam Gilchrist
10. Muralidaran
11. McGrath

I think I am up next. PM'ing Ben my next pick.

Ben, you got yourself a terrifying bowling lineup there. Agree re Lillee being picked late.

Right.
My pick: Wasim Akram

wasimnn9.jpg

Reason: One of the best, if not the best, Pakistani fast bowlers to have ever graced test cricket. At his prime, he was just unplayable- just unplayable. The pace he had- it was absolutely amazing! If you need a fast bowler who can rip apart your opponents line-up, he's the guy. He could bat as well, he also has a double hundred in test cricket. And had he concentrated more on his batting, he could easily have been one of the best all-rounders ever.

1. Sir Jack Hobbs
4. Sachin Tendulkar
8. Wasim Akram
11. Harold Larwood

Lets get this rolling. I still don't have my computer, hence the inactivity. I wasn't at home for a couple of days either.

Dare is up. metallics2006 didn't post within his 24 hours, so will pick at the end of the round.

Dare has until 10:30 AEST (currently 8:40 at time of post).

Pick: Sydney Barnes
Explanation: Check the stats. Dude is a legend.

1. Len Hutton
4. Clyde Walcott +
5. Garfield Sobers
11. Sydney Barnes

Want to say sorry because I totally failed to notice that its my turn.

Users who are viewing this thread