Test Cricket Draft

I think I know that.

bladescape added 12 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Picks:M.S.Dhoni & Ajantha Mendis
100229.jpg

93259.jpg

Explanation:
Well,because of the fact that there are less quality keepers then quality batsman,I needed to chose a keeper.
Dhoni fit the bill with some excellent keeping,good big hitting and is also a very good captain.

Mendis will probably be a surprise choice for most people here,but his test stats so far speak for themselves,They'll probably rise a bit when batsman finally work him out,but in my eyes he's likely to be one of the future great spinners!

3.Don Bradman
7.M.S.Dhoni(wk)(c)
10.B.A.W.Mendis

2 really surprising picks this early in the game, we will see how they pan out.

Still five people to go before I pick. Hope they don't pick my player. And if everything goes alright, you guys just wait for my next pick ;) Will be a masterstroke. The only cricketer in test history who troubled Sir Donald Bradman.

Pick: Sir Richard Hadlee
Explanation: One of the greatest fast bowlers of all time, with 400+ quality wickets at an average of 22.29 and a strike rate of 50. Of particular note is the fact that he achieved all this without being surrounded by a quality pace attack. Who knows what he could have done if his counterpart at the other side had been maintaining pressure on the batsman?

With his capacity to extract pace, bounce and movement from any surface he'll be a reliable mainstay of my new-ball attack. He also adds batting depth: my 7th-9th positions should average 100 runs between them!

7. Andy Flower (wk)
8. Sir Richard Hadlee
9. Shane Warne (c)

Pick: Jacques Kallis
Explanation: Over 10'000 runs in both forms of the game. Average of well above 50 in Test cricket, 31 Test hundreds, plus 258 Test wickets at 31. One of the premier all-rounders of the world game. Considered up there alongside Sobers to many. Easy pick for me, surprised he's not already gone. Happy with my selections so far.

4. Sir Vivian Richards
5. Jacques Kallis
9. Malcolm Marshall

Great pick. You've got an awesome setup thus far, KP. One of the best batsman of alltime, one of the best bowlers of alltime and one of the best allrounders of alltime. Although, I'd bat Sir Viv at 3 if I were you. Doubt you'll get a better batsman then him in your side.

Pick: Clyde Walcott
Explanation: Well here is my choice for WK. One of the best batsman to play the game and keep wicket. I had my eye on him since this thing started and I am happy to choose him as my WK.

1. Len Hutton
4. Clyde Walcott +
5. Garfield Sobers

Pick: Jack Russell

Reason: He was the first English batsman to score a hundred in each innings of a test match. Averages almost 60 in test cricket.

3. George Headley
4. Graeme Pollock
5. Jack Russell

Last edited:
Headley Verity you mean?

Also, LOL @ Metallics. Jack Russell did not average over 60 in Test cricket. The only thing he's ever averaged over 60 in, his bowling in FC cricket. Good keeper though tbh.

LOL, village mistake that. I'd probably take Russell the keeper and bat him at 7/8 ahead of a guy from the 1920's who only played 10 games of Test cricket as well tbh.

Jakestar private messaged me a few days ago, because he wasn't going to be on. He told me too select Glenn McGrath for him.

Jakestar selects Glenn McGrath. It's official.

King Cricket, you are up champ.

Users who are viewing this thread