Test Cricket Draft

Adam Gilchrist
Need a wicketkeeper, preferably someone who can bat, and boy, Gilly could bat. I didn't want to be stuck without a quality wicketkeeper, because there is less of them than bowlers and batsmen, so good to get one early IMO.

7. Adam Gilchrist
11. Muttiah Muralidaran

I don't believe you really think that. I think you're trolling.

Just like the West Indians rate Sir Viv or Lara as the second best test batsman of all time, the English rate Sir Jack Hobbs has the second best test batsman of alltime, some Aussies rate Matthew Hayden......................, we, Indians rate Sachin as the second best......, anything wrong in this? This issue can be debated to death- but I think this, maybe because I am an Indian. And this opinion will vary depending on which country you go.

Pick: Graeme Pollock

Reason: I have read a lot about him. People who have played against him seem to think he is arguably the greatest left handed batsman to have ever played the game. Even Bradman rates him as a great left-hander. Thats good enough for me.

3. George Headley
4. Graeme Pollock

Pick: Len Hutton
Explanation: Well good openers are disappearing real quick so I had to take one of the all time best. A legend with a great record.

1. Len Hutton
5. Garfield Sobers

jakester to make it easier on the guys that are about to pick can you make a list of all the players that were already chosen. something like metallics did in the ODI draft. in your 1st post just post the round one and all the players picked in that round and the same for 2nd all the ones after.

Yeh, that is a surprise. Works in my favour though. Allows me to pick the guy I wanted :D

Pick: Sir Vivian Richards
Explanation: One of the greatest, if not the greatest batsman of his era. Blessed with superb hand-eye co-ordination and an attacking instinct that used to strike fear into bowlers around the land, for a man of average height he was an incredibly imposing figure at the crease as well. A legend of the game.

4. Sir Vivian Richards
9. Malcolm Marshall

Wow, that is a suprise. Could've sworn that you would've opted for someone else.

well there are plenty of good middle order batsman and not that many openers, I wanted to get at least one good opener and then work from there.

just to make it clear its not my turn anymore.

jakester you should stop putting the person that is picking in the thread title.

I won't exactly be very active over the next couple of days, my computer is getting fixed (virus cleaned off) and probably wont get to get it until Monday or so. I should be checking on this computer every now and then, will be able to make my pick.

Jakester1288 added 0 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

just to make it clear its not my turn anymore.

jakester you should stop putting the person that is picking in the thread title.

I'm stopping for a while while I'm not as active.

Yeah, Mr. Twisties is up next then bladescape gets 2 picks in a row, then Mr. Twisties again and then KP and so on..

2.09 mrtwisties
2.10 Bladescape

3.01 Bladescape
3.02 mrtwisties
3.03 King Pietersen
3.04 Dare
3.05 metallics2006
3.06 Jakester1288
3.07 King Cricket
3.08 Crew of Black
3.09 aussie_ben91
3.10 Feelin Blue?

Is that the order Jakester?

Pick: Andy Flower
Explanation: Quality keeper, quality batsman against both pace and spin (averaged 60 in the last 5 years of his career), knowledge of African conditions and a tough-minded individual who was able to re-construct an innings after his entire team had collapsed around him. Can be promoted to restore order if a collapse is in the offing.

7. Andy Flower (wk)
8. Shane Warne (c)

Users who are viewing this thread