Test Cricket Draft

Now, my turn.

Jaker has Sir Don? I have his answer :cheesy:cheesy

I pick Harold Larwood :cheesy

harold_larwood.jpg

Why?: Firstly beacuse, if someone can ever trouble Sir Don it is him. I really feel for Larwood. He was axed after the Bodyline for no reason at all. Why was it him I don't understand. He just obeyed Jardine's instructions- nothing else. Surely no well-mannered bowler can argue with his captain in the field if he orders him something, be it something unfair. I rate him pretty highly. Had he played for a longer period, he could well have been one of the alltime best fast bowlers ever. It was real sad

1. Sir Jack Hobbs
4. Sachin Tendulkar
11. Harold Larwood

Headley Verity troubled Sir Don on a far more consistant basis than Larwood did. Probably quite a few better fast bowlers in the history of the game that are yet to be picked tbh. Interesting one.

TBH, some people have made some very, very ordinary selections. Myself included, but that was purely on the basis of team structure.

My next pick is, Derek Underwood.

Reason: Probably the greatest left arm spinner to ever play the game. He frustrated many batsmen with the usual skills that any international quality slow orthodox spinner possessed, but he exceeded that bare standard with his amazing accuracy, intelligence and a high-level of control when bowling at an unusual quicker pace, this made him a very awkward and infuriating proposition for batsmen to face, this was proven by his final hour heroics in the Final Ashes test and countless other feats he did with ball in other matches.

2. Herbert Sutcliffe
8. Keith Miller
10. Derek Underwood

Last edited:
015746.jpg

Curtly Ambrose - Was a tough decision, because I had 4-5 bowlers in my mind that I wanted to pick. I decided to pick my favourite one out of all of them and that is Ambrose and I wanted to make sure that I had a great West Indies fast bowler in my team. Not only that, but Ambrose is also arguably the best West Indies pace bowler of alltime, capable of bowling devestating spells against quality opposition. Ambrose brings pace and bounce to the lineup and will accomedate and compliment Imran Khan's bowling very well.

Kumar Sangakkara
Imran Khan (c)
Curtly Ambrose

Curtly Ambrose - Was a tough decision, because I had 4-5 bowlers in my mind that I wanted to pick. I decided to pick my favourite one out of all of them and that is Ambrose and I wanted to make sure that I had a great West Indies fast bowler in my team. Not only that, but Ambrose is also arguably the best West Indies pace bowler of alltime, capable of bowling devestating spells against quality opposition. Ambrose brings pace and bounce to the lineup and will accomedate and compliment Imran Khan's bowling very well.

Kumar Sangakkara
Imran Khan (c)
Curtly Ambrose

great pick.

Yeah,I do!

I'll admit Dhoni was a very ordinary selection,for a moment I forgot how far back our players are allowed to come from!!!:noway

1. Bill Ponsford
7. Ian Botham
8. Mark Boucher (wk)
10. Michael Holding

Boucher: A lot of people might not think it's a good decision, but I rate Mark high. He holds the most dismissals then any other keeper, and quite simply you can always rely on him to perform, with the bat and the gloves.

Holding: Just 1 short of 250 Test Match wickets, at an average of 23 and 11 4fers to compliment his amazing record of 13 5fers shows the true brilliance of this feared West Indian pacer. He was part of the feared West Indian attack, and was very quick and dangerous. If he wanted to get you out, he would get you out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread