The 30 day football challenge.

My day 02:Chelsea V/S Manchester United this season league's first meeting between themselves. Some controversial referee decisions and obviously the game was not in the way I anticipated it to be.

Day 2: Easily the 4-1 drubbing by Germany :facepalm

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 1 - Your favourite match: Real Madrid 4-1 Barcelona (2007-08 season)
Day 2 - Your least favourite match: Real Madrid 2-6 Barcelona (2008-09 season)

Day 3 - A match that makes you happy: Holland 0-1 Spain (2010 Fifa World Cup Final)

Well I don't quite understand the difference between questions 1 and 3, 2 and 4, but I guess I am just go with another favourite match of mine which ofcourse is the World Cup final in 2010 when Spain finally lifted the title.

It wasn't the finest football game but the result certainly did make me very very happy, since I got into watching football because of Spain in 1994.

Brilliant run from Jesus Navas followed by the combined efforts of Torres, Fabregas and the goalscorer Iniesta to find the back of the Dutch goal.

Iker Casillas lifting the World Cup trophy!

My Day 01 - Your Favorite Match: UEFA Champions League 08/09 Quarter Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 4-4 Liverpool
My Day 02 - Your Least Favorite Match: English Premier League 09/10 - Manchester City 0-0 Liverpool

My Day 03 - A Match That Makes You Happy: English Premier League 09/10 - Arsenal 0-3 Chelsea

A complete and comprehensive 3-0 thrashing of Arsenal in their own backyard. And we also thumped them 4-1 at the Emirates Stadium in the previous season.

The 3-0 win over Man United in the 05/06 season to seal the title is also one that stands out for me. :D

Last edited:
day 01 - your favourite match - Liverpool vs AC Milan , 2005 Champions League final at Istanbul
day 02 - your least favourite match - Manchester United vs Chelsea , 2008 Champions League final at Luzhniki .

Day 3 - A match that makes you happy: Liverpool vs Manchester United , March 6th 2011

Domination at its very best from our boys , a special match for Luis Suarez and of course who can forget Mr.Nani's glorious second goal assist . Assuming all have already watched the match , i am rather providing the fanzone arena of the match . Its too hilarious :lol

Day 03:AC Milan V/S Tottenham Hotspurs 1st leg and 2nd leg

Brilliant matches. Was very happy to see the Spurs win it.

And I even liked Liverpool V/S Manchester United this season's match.

Day 1 - Your favourite match: Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid
Day 2 - Your least favourite match: Barcelona 2-0 Man Utd
Day 3 - A match that makes you happy: Portugal 0-1 Greece

Greece were the ultimate underdogs. They weren't lucky to win it either, it was through brilliant defensive organisation. Just great to see it.

Greece were the ultimate underdogs. They weren't lucky to win it either, it was through brilliant defensive organisation. Just great to see it.

Exactly . IMO , that was the best European Championship ever . Have watched the official DVD over and over again .

day 01 - your favourite match - Liverpool vs AC Milan , 2005 Champions League final at Istanbul
day 02 - your least favourite match - Manchester United vs Chelsea , 2008 Champions League final at Luzhniki .
day 03 - A match that makes you happy: Liverpool vs Manchester United , March 6th 2011

day 04 - a match that makes you sad - Manchester United vs Aston Villa , April 2009 - Machedaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!

I was literally jumping for 93 minutes of the game before this happened :facepalm

My day 04:Italy V/S France 2006 World Cup finals

Hated to see Zidane get a red card and to see France lose the cup.

And also:
Argentina V/S Mexico 2010 World Cup Last 16 match
Too much violence and a controversial offside goal alloted as well. Hated to see the match end in that much violent play.

Day 1 - Your favourite match: Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid
Day 2 - Your least favourite match: Barcelona 2-0 Man Utd
Day 3 - A match that makes you happy: Portugal 0-1 Greece
Day 4 - A match that makes you sad: Brazil 0-0 Italy (3-2 pens) - USA '94

You can't watch that penalty and not feel sad. He dragged Italy kicking and screaming in 2 world cups. By the time of the final it's amazing that he was still fit enough to play. For him to miss the deciding penalty was just so unfair.

day 1 - your favourite match: Tough one there, don't really have one but Australia's win in penalties over Uruguay to get into the WC would have to be one of my favourite results.

day 2 - your least favourite match: Any match that involves Man Utd losing to Liverpool.

day 3 - a match that makes you happy: Spain 1 - 0 Netherlands (World Cup Final)

Im not a very emotional guy & i tend to forget games quickly even the ones i liked the most. So i cant input in options 3 & 4 ha..

My Day 01 - Your Favorite Match: UEFA Champions League 08/09 Quarter Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 4-4 Liverpool
My Day 02 - Your Least Favorite Match: English Premier League 09/10 - Manchester City 0-0 Liverpool
My Day 03 - A Match That Makes You Happy: English Premier League 09/10 - Arsenal 0-3 Chelsea

My Day 04 - A Match That Makes You Sad: UEFA Champions League 08/09 Semi Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 1-1 Barcelona

I can't really think of any match that makes me sad. So, I've gone with that choice. A match that makes me mad instead.

Until now, I still can't forget what happened on that night and I doubt many Chelsea fans can ever forget it. We were totally screwed by a certain Norwegian referee! :mad

We should have gotten at least 2-3 penalties but incredibly, not even one was given! :mad

That incredibly late goal by Iniesta did not help matters on that night one bit! :mad

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread