The 30 day football challenge.

Day 5: France vs Spain 2006 world cup

Reminds of the great Zidane & i this game at an advanced age pretty much sums up what a legend he was. As most would remember from Madrid & France since the 2002 Champions League final win & France 2002 WC disaster - the world felt Zizou was finished & going into this clash vs Spain, France really looked woeful.

But the big man turned back the clock in this game..

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 1 - Your favourite match: Real Madrid 4-1 Barcelona (2007-08 season)
Day 2 - Your least favourite match: Real Madrid 2-6 Barcelona (2008-09 season)
Day 3 - A match that makes you happy: Holland 0-1 Spain (2010 Fifa World Cup Final)
Day 4 - A match that makes you sad: Sevilla 4-1 Getafe (2007-08 season)

Day 5 - A match that reminds you of someone: Deportivo la Coruna 1-3 Real Madrid (2009-10 season)

We had not won at the Riazor since 1991, were without Ronaldo for this game, and needed to win to keep the pressure on Barca at the top of the table.

Guti's magical and unselfish pass (to Benzema) leads to our second goal and pretty much seals the game.

day 01 - your favourite match - Liverpool vs AC Milan , 2005 Champions League final at Istanbul
day 02 - your least favourite match - Manchester United vs Chelsea , 2008 Champions League final at Luzhniki .
day 03 - A match that makes you happy: Liverpool vs Manchester United , March 6th 2011
day 04 - a match that makes you sad - Manchester United vs Aston Villa , April 2009
day 05 - a match that reminds you of someone - Liverpool vs Chelsea - Champions League Semifinal 1st leg - Apr 2008 (JA Riise)

day 06 - a match that reminds you of somewhere - Liverpool vs Blackburn Rovers , April 2009 - Heysel Tragedy .

Last edited:
day 06 - a match that reminds you of somewhere - Really not getting the point .

Yeah. If I'm going to pick one, I'll just pick one of those matches recently where there was a moment of silence for the people in Japan.

My Day 01 - Your Favorite Match: UEFA Champions League 08/09 Quarter Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 4-4 Liverpool
My Day 02 - Your Least Favorite Match: English Premier League 09/10 - Manchester City 0-0 Liverpool
My Day 03 - A Match That Makes You Happy: English Premier League 09/10 - Arsenal 0-3 Chelsea
My Day 04 - A Match That Makes You Sad: UEFA Champions League 08/09 Semi Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 1-1 Barcelona
My Day 05 - A Match That Reminds You of Someone: English Premier League 07/08 - Tottenham 4-4 Chelsea (Joe Cole)

My Day 06 - A Match That Reminds You of Somewhere: UEFA Champions League 10/11 Last 16 2nd Leg - Chelsea vs FC Copenhagen (Japan)

Can't really think of anything else but that. There were a lot of matches recently where there was a moment of silence for the people in Japan. So, I'll just go with that match involving Chelsea. :p

Wow , thanks for the clue man . Previous post edited :)

:lol

Guti's magical and unselfish pass (to Benzema) leads to our second goal and pretty much seals the game.

Funnily enough a back-heel by a Madridista is also my choice:

Day 5 - A match that reminds you of someone: Man Utd 2-3 Real Madrid (2000-01 Champions League)

Day 6 - A match that reminds you of somewhere: Liverpool 3-3 AC Milan (pen. 3-2)

Istanbul, obviously.

day 01 - your favourite match - Liverpool vs AC Milan , 2005 Champions League final at Istanbul
day 02 - your least favourite match - Manchester United vs Chelsea , 2008 Champions League final at Luzhniki .
day 03 - A match that makes you happy: Liverpool vs Manchester United , March 6th 2011
day 04 - a match that makes you sad - Manchester United vs Aston Villa , April 2009
day 05 - a match that reminds you of someone - Liverpool vs Chelsea - Champions League Semifinal 1st leg - Apr 2008 (JA Riise)
day 06 - a match that reminds you of somewhere - Liverpool vs Blackburn Rovers , April 2009 - Heysel Tragedy .

day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain match - Hoppipola by Sigur Ros - Liverpool vs AC Milan , 2005 CL final

Day 06 and 07 aren't the perfect choices for me. So not posting.

My Day 01 - Your Favorite Match: UEFA Champions League 08/09 Quarter Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 4-4 Liverpool
My Day 02 - Your Least Favorite Match: English Premier League 09/10 - Manchester City 0-0 Liverpool
My Day 03 - A Match That Makes You Happy: English Premier League 09/10 - Arsenal 0-3 Chelsea
My Day 04 - A Match That Makes You Sad: UEFA Champions League 08/09 Semi Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 1-1 Barcelona
My Day 05 - A Match That Reminds You of Someone: English Premier League 07/08 - Tottenham 4-4 Chelsea (Joe Cole)
My Day 06 - A Match That Reminds You of Somewhere: UEFA Champions League 10/11 Last 16 2nd Leg - Chelsea vs FC Copenhagen (Japan)

My Day 07 - A Song That Reminds You A Match: I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas (English Premier League 10/11 - Manchester City 1-2 Everton)

That song has been played like in many matches but for whatever reasons, that particular match always pops up in my mind first whenever I hear the song.

My Day 07 - A Song That Reminds You A Match: I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas (English Premier League 10/11 - Manchester City 1-2 Everton)

My Day 08 - A Player Who Scored Your Favorite Ever Goal: Frank Lampard in UEFA Champions League 07/08 Semi Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 3-2 Liverpool(aet)

It may just be a goal from the penalty spot but it's certainly a favorite goal of mine. Lampard's mom passed away just a week before the second leg but he still showed the courage, desire and strength of wanting to play in a high stakes game and taking the penalty at such crucial period of the game. I was extremely pleased and happy for him when he scored the penalty.

Don't really see the point in day 6 and 7 so I'm skipping them.

Day 1 - Your favourite match: Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid - La Liga '10/11
Day 2 - Your least favourite match: Barcelona 2-0 Man Utd - Champions League 2009 Final
Day 3 - A match that makes you happy: Portugal 0-1 Greece - Euro 2004 Final
Day 4 - A match that makes you sad: Brazil 0-0 Italy (3-2 pens) - USA '94
Day 5 -A match that reminds you of someone: Juventus 2-3 Man Utd - Champions League 98/99
Day 8 - A player who scored your favourite ever goal: Rivaldo - Barcelona 3-2 Valencia

Let me set the scene: last day of the season, Barca need a win to get into the champions league and they're playing valencia. Rivaldo puts them ahead twice before Valencia equalise. Then in the last minute, Rivaldo scores a ridiculous goal, for his hattrick and to win the match. Brilliant.

day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain match - Hoppipola by Sigur Ros - Liverpool vs AC Milan , 2005 CL final

day 08 - a player who scored your favourite ever goal - Zlatan Ibrahimovic vs NAC Breda , 2005

Holy cow !

Day 1 - Your favourite match: Real Madrid 4-1 Barcelona (2007-08 season)
Day 2 - Your least favourite match: Real Madrid 2-6 Barcelona (2008-09 season)
Day 3 - A match that makes you happy: Holland 0-1 Spain (2010 Fifa World Cup Final)
Day 4 - A match that makes you sad: Sevilla 4-1 Getafe (2007-08 season)
Day 5 - A match that reminds you of someone: Deportivo la Coruna 1-3 Real Madrid (2009-10 season)

Day 8 - A player who scored your favourite goal ever: Clarence Seedorf vs Atletico Madrid, 1997

I love long range strikes and this one is my absolute favourite.

Day 8: A 3 way tie :

Legendary John Motson commentary..."Its was RIVETING - IT WAS RUTHLESS - IT WAS RIVALDOOOOO!!

The famous Gazza goal vs Scotland in Euro 96

Personally i rate this Matt Taylor goal as the best goal in premiership in the last decade (2000-2010). I've always been disappointed that he never played for England - pretty decent left-winger.

Users who are viewing this thread