The 30 day football challenge.

Day 08: Andres Iniesta's strike in the world cup which made Spain win the game and the world cup. Amazing moment for me.

And also Gareth Bale's hat-trick versus Inter Milan. Despite knowing that they will lose, Bale showed the inspiration and courage by scoring the hat-trick which later gave the Spurs the courage and inspiration to win over Inter and A.C. Milan.

Day 09: What?!

day 01 - your favourite match - Liverpool vs AC Milan , 2005 Champions League final at Istanbul
day 02 - your least favourite match - Manchester United vs Chelsea , 2008 Champions League final at Luzhniki .
day 03 - A match that makes you happy: Liverpool vs Manchester United , March 6th 2011
day 04 - a match that makes you sad - Manchester United vs Aston Villa , April 2009
day 05 - a match that reminds you of someone - Liverpool vs Chelsea - Champions League Semifinal 1st leg - Apr 2008 (JA Riise)
day 06 - a match that reminds you of somewhere - Liverpool vs Blackburn Rovers , April 2009 - Heysel Tragedy .
day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain match - Hoppipola by Sigur Ros - Liverpool vs AC Milan , 2005 CL final
day 08 - a player who scored your favourite ever goal - Zlatan Ibrahimovic vs NAC Breda , 2005

day 09 - a player who made the biggest ever howler - Nani vs Liverpool , March 6 , 2011 :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 8 - A player who scored your favourite goal ever: Maxi Rodr?guez vs Mexico (2006 World Cup)

Day 9 - A player who made the biggest ever howler: Jerzy Dudek vs Man Utd (2002/03)

Can't forget this match for it was my first year in following soccer and that error of his was so unforgivable and eventually cost us the match . He made three more blunders in a similar fashion that season :facepalm

My Day 01 - Your Favorite Match: UEFA Champions League 08/09 Quarter Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 4-4 Liverpool
My Day 02 - Your Least Favorite Match: English Premier League 09/10 - Manchester City 0-0 Liverpool
My Day 03 - A Match That Makes You Happy: English Premier League 09/10 - Arsenal 0-3 Chelsea
My Day 04 - A Match That Makes You Sad: UEFA Champions League 08/09 Semi Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 1-1 Barcelona
My Day 05 - A Match That Reminds You of Someone: English Premier League 07/08 - Tottenham 4-4 Chelsea (Joe Cole)
My Day 06 - A Match That Reminds You of Somewhere: UEFA Champions League 10/11 Last 16 2nd Leg - Chelsea vs FC Copenhagen (Japan)
My Day 07 - A Song That Reminds You A Match: I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas (English Premier League 10/11 - Manchester City 1-2 Everton)
My Day 08 - A Player Who Scored Your Favorite Ever Goal: Frank Lampard in UEFA Champions League 07/08 Semi Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 3-2 Liverpool(aet)

My Day 09 - A Player Who Made The Biggest Ever Howler: Peter Enckleman

day 01 - your favourite match - Liverpool vs AC Milan , 2005 Champions League final at Istanbul
day 02 - your least favourite match - Manchester United vs Chelsea , 2008 Champions League final at Luzhniki .
day 03 - A match that makes you happy: Liverpool vs Manchester United , March 6th 2011
day 04 - a match that makes you sad - Manchester United vs Aston Villa , April 2009
day 05 - a match that reminds you of someone - Liverpool vs Chelsea - Champions League Semifinal 1st leg - Apr 2008 (JA Riise)
day 06 - a match that reminds you of somewhere - Liverpool vs Blackburn Rovers , April 2009 - Heysel Tragedy .
day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain match - Hoppipola by Sigur Ros - Liverpool vs AC Milan , 2005 CL final
day 08 - a player who scored your favourite ever goal - Zlatan Ibrahimovic vs NAC Breda , 2005
day 09 - a player who made the biggest ever howler - Nani vs Liverpool , March 6 , 2011

day 10 - a match that made you (almost) fall asleep - Manchester City vs Manchester United , Nov 2010

A derby just can't get any worse than this . I wasted my extra 2 hours of sleep to watch this horror match ending goalless . And , City were so negative in their approach that day . :facepalm

Last edited:
My Day 01 - Your Favorite Match: UEFA Champions League 08/09 Quarter Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 4-4 Liverpool
My Day 02 - Your Least Favorite Match: English Premier League 09/10 - Manchester City 0-0 Liverpool
My Day 03 - A Match That Makes You Happy: English Premier League 09/10 - Arsenal 0-3 Chelsea
My Day 04 - A Match That Makes You Sad: UEFA Champions League 08/09 Semi Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 1-1 Barcelona
My Day 05 - A Match That Reminds You of Someone: English Premier League 07/08 - Tottenham 4-4 Chelsea (Joe Cole)
My Day 06 - A Match That Reminds You of Somewhere: UEFA Champions League 10/11 Last 16 2nd Leg - Chelsea vs FC Copenhagen (Japan)
My Day 07 - A Song That Reminds You A Match: I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas (English Premier League 10/11 - Manchester City 1-2 Everton)
My Day 08 - A Player Who Scored Your Favorite Ever Goal: Frank Lampard in UEFA Champions League 07/08 Semi Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 3-2 Liverpool(aet)

My Day 10 - A Match That Made You (almost) Fell Asleep - English Premier League 09/10 - Manchester City 0-0 Liverpool

Same as my Day 2. That match was just awful to watch. It's bad enough when one manager does not want to win the game but pathetically, both managers on that day had the same idea! :facepalm

----------

day 10 - a match that made you (almost) fall asleep - Manchester City vs Manchester United , Oct 2010

That match was played in November, not October.

HAAAAAAAA...i was going to say my howler was the same as Auwais - but damn this tops it easily.

day 09 - a player who made the biggest ever howler - Nani vs Liverpool , March 6 , 2011
day 10 - a match that made you (almost) fall asleep - Manchester City vs Manchester United , Nov 2010

day 11 - a player from your favourite team - John Flanagan , Liverpool

Hopefully , he turns out to be a real sensation for us , given he was one of the star performers at youth level , when Kenny was the brand ambassador .

My Day 10 - A Match That Made You (almost) Fell Asleep - English Premier League 09/10 - Manchester City 0-0 Liverpool

My Day 11 - A Player From Your Favorite Team: Josh McEachran (Chelsea)

One of the brightest prospects for us. He has a lovely feet and the capability to provide those defense splitting passes. If only Ancelotti had tried to play him and some of the younger players more. :facepalm

Day 1 - Your favourite match: Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid - La Liga '10/11
Day 2 - Your least favourite match: Barcelona 2-0 Man Utd - Champions League 2009 Final
Day 3 - A match that makes you happy: Portugal 0-1 Greece - Euro 2004 Final
Day 4 - A match that makes you sad: Brazil 0-0 Italy (3-2 pens) - USA '94
Day 5 -A match that reminds you of someone: Juventus 2-3 Man Utd - Champions League 98/99
Day 8 - A player who scored your favourite ever goal: Rivaldo - Barcelona 3-2 Valencia
Day 9 - A player who made the biggest howler - Peter Encklemen
Day 10 - A match that made you (almost) fall asleep - England 0-0 Algeria - World Cup 2010
Day 11 - A player from your favourite team - Paul Scholes

The best British midfielder of the last 10-15 years. Legend.

day 12 - a player from your least favourite team - Michael Carrick , Manchester United

Always have liked him as a player - very very underrated though .

My Day 11 - A Player From Your Favorite Team: Josh McEachran (Chelsea)

My Day 12 - A Player From Your Least Favorite Team: Ryan Giggs (Man United)

He may be 37 year old but he's playing like he's only 17. Still oozes class and quality. Legend.

Day 1 - Your favourite match: Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid - La Liga '10/11
Day 2 - Your least favourite match: Barcelona 2-0 Man Utd - Champions League 2009 Final
Day 3 - A match that makes you happy: Portugal 0-1 Greece - Euro 2004 Final
Day 4 - A match that makes you sad: Brazil 0-0 Italy (3-2 pens) - USA '94
Day 5 -A match that reminds you of someone: Juventus 2-3 Man Utd - Champions League 98/99
Day 8 - A player who scored your favourite ever goal: Rivaldo - Barcelona 3-2 Valencia
Day 9 - A player who made the biggest howler - Peter Encklemen
Day 10 - A match that made you (almost) fall asleep - England 0-0 Algeria - World Cup 2010
Day 11 - A player from your favourite team - Paul Scholes (Man Utd)
Day 12 - A player from your least favourite team - Daniel Agger (Liverpool)

Suppose it has to be from Liverpool. I'm quite fond of ball-playing defenders and Agger is no different. When fully fit he is a fantastic player, so great on the ball.

day 12 - a player from your least favourite team - Michael Carrick , Manchester United

day 13 - a team that is a guilty pleasure - Inter Milan

Don't like them really , but still there is something in their gameplay that just mesmerizes me .

Users who are viewing this thread