The 30 day football challenge.

My Day 01 - Your Favorite Match: UEFA Champions League 08/09 Quarter Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 4-4 Liverpool
My Day 02 - Your Least Favorite Match: English Premier League 09/10 - Manchester City 0-0 Liverpool
My Day 03 - A Match That Makes You Happy: English Premier League 09/10 - Arsenal 0-3 Chelsea

My Day 04 - A Match That Makes You Sad: UEFA Champions League 08/09 Semi Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 1-1 Barcelona

I can't really think of any match that makes me sad. So, I've gone with that choice. A match that makes me mad instead.

Until now, I still can't forget what happened on that night and I doubt many Chelsea fans can ever forget it. We were totally screwed by a certain Norwegian referee! :mad

We should have gotten at least 2-3 penalties but incredibly, not even one was given! :mad

That incredibly late goal by Iniesta did not help matters on that night one bit! :mad

No surprises there at all . Horrible refereeing throughout the game by Hans Martin Overbo . Barca too generally happen to benefit from referee's decisions along with You-know-who :p . Ask what happened to Milan in the 2006 semifinal & Arsenal in the final .

Last edited:
Day 1 - Your favourite match: Real Madrid 4-1 Barcelona (2007-08 season)
Day 2 - Your least favourite match: Real Madrid 2-6 Barcelona (2008-09 season)
Day 3 - A match that makes you happy: Holland 0-1 Spain (2010 Fifa World Cup Final)

Day 4 - A match that makes you sad: Sevilla 4-1 Getafe (2007-08 season)

This game makes me sad not because of the scoreline or the result. It was because one of Sevilla's and Spain's most promising footballers, Antonio Puerta collapsed on the field and three days later passed away.

It took me a while to accept what had happened. Almost everytime I watch a Sevilla game, I remember Puerta and this game.

R.I.P Antonio Puerta.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I'm late to the party...

Day 1 - Your favourite match: Italy 2-0 Germany (2006 World Cup)
Day 2 - Your least favourite match: Barcelona 2-0 Man Utd (2008/09)
Day 3 - A match that makes you happy: Man Utd 1-1 Chelsea (pen. 6-5) (2007/08)

Day 4 - A match that makes you sad: Liverpool 1-0 Man Utd (2006 FA Cup)

More for the sickening injury to Alan Smith, the 'Pool fans reaction to it and them attacking his ambulance, rather than the actual result itself.

----------

'94[/B]

You can't watch that penalty and not feel sad. He dragged Italy kicking and screaming in 2 world cups. By the time of the final it's amazing that he was still fit enough to play. For him to miss the deciding penalty was just so unfair.
Was too young to see that live but watched Italy's run in retrospect and it was a sad feeling watching him single-handedly dragging the Azzuri through the tournie whilst knowing what was going to happen in the final. :(

My Day 01 - Your Favorite Match: UEFA Champions League 08/09 Quarter Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 4-4 Liverpool
My Day 02 - Your Least Favorite Match: English Premier League 09/10 - Manchester City 0-0 Liverpool
My Day 03 - A Match That Makes You Happy: English Premier League 09/10 - Arsenal 0-3 Chelsea
My Day 04 - A Match That Makes You Sad: UEFA Champions League 08/09 Semi Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 1-1 Barcelona

My Day 05 - A Match That Reminds You of Someone: English Premier League 07/08 - Tottenham 4-4 Chelsea

I've watched this match a couple of times and it reminded me of Joe Cole. He was absolutely brilliant on that night and had one of his best games in a Chelsea shirt. Scored a couple good goals too.

I was disappointed when he left the club and it's a shame that his career never really took off.

My Day 05:Manchester United V/S F.C. Porto 2nd leg Champions League match.

The last few matches of Cristiano Ronaldo for United. He also scored an amazing free-kick goal in the Porto match, which reminded me of his legendary time at United.

day 01 - your favourite match - Liverpool vs AC Milan , 2005 Champions League final at Istanbul
day 02 - your least favourite match - Manchester United vs Chelsea , 2008 Champions League final at Luzhniki .
day 03 - A match that makes you happy: Liverpool vs Manchester United , March 6th 2011
day 04 - a match that makes you sad - Manchester United vs Aston Villa , April 2009

day 05 - a match that reminds you of someone - Liverpool vs Chelsea - Champions League Semifinal 1st leg - Apr 2008 (John Arne Riise)

A game that really brought a tragic end to his otherwise wonderful time at Anfield . He will always be loved by the Anfield faithful .

He also scored an amazing free-kick goal in the Porto match,

Are you sure ?? :p

Oops.....:p

It was not a free-kick.

day 05 - a match that reminds you of someone - Liverpool vs Chelsea - Champions League Semifinal 1st leg - Apr 2008 (John Arne Riise)

A game that really brought a tragic end to his otherwise wonderful time at Anfield . He will always be loved by the Anfield faithful .

Ooo. I remember that goal! :lol

Did you see how Phil Thompson reacted in the Sky studio? :p

Day 1 - Your favourite match: Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid - La Liga '10/11
Day 2 - Your least favourite match: Barcelona 2-0 Man Utd - Champions League 2009 Final
Day 3 - A match that makes you happy: Portugal 0-1 Greece - Euro 2004 Final
Day 4 - A match that makes you sad: Brazil 0-0 Italy (3-2 pens) - USA '94
Day 5 -A match that reminds you of someone: Juventus 2-3 Man Utd - Champions League 98/99

Roy Keane was just something else in this game. I've never seen such a brilliant individual performance.

Users who are viewing this thread