The 30 day football challenge.

My Day 01 - Your Favorite Match - UEFA Champions League 08/09 Quarter Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 4-4 Liverpool
My Day 02 - Your Least Favorite Match - English Premier League 09/10 - Manchester City 0-0 Liverpool
My Day 03 - A Match That Makes You Happy - English Premier League 09/10 - Arsenal 0-3 Chelsea
My Day 04 - A Match That Makes You Sad - UEFA Champions League 08/09 Semi Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 1-1 Barcelona
My Day 05 - A Match That Reminds You of Someone - English Premier League 07/08 - Tottenham 4-4 Chelsea (Joe Cole)
My Day 06 - A Match That Reminds You of Somewhere - UEFA Champions League 10/11 Last 16 2nd Leg - Chelsea vs FC Copenhagen (Japan)
My Day 07 - A Song That Reminds You A Match - I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas (English Premier League 10/11 - Manchester City 1-2 Everton)
My Day 08 - A Player Who Scored Your Favorite Ever Goal - Frank Lampard in UEFA Champions League 07/08 Semi Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 3-2 Liverpool(aet)
My Day 09 - A Player Who Made The Biggest Ever Howler - Peter Enckleman
My Day 10 - A Match That Made You (almost) Fell Asleep - English Premier League 09/10 - Manchester City 0-0 Liverpool
My Day 11 - A Player From Your Favorite Team - Josh McEachran (Chelsea)
My Day 12 - A Player From Your Least Favorite Team - Ryan Giggs (Man United)

My Day 13 - A Team That Is A Guilty Pleasure - Tottenham

I had a hard time picking between Spurs or Arsenal but decided to select the former. Seeing the likes of Modric and Van der Vaart dominating the midfield positions with Bale and Lennon in the wide positions terrorizing opponents is fun to watch but it's painful to watch them because they are one of our main London rivals.

day 01 - your favourite match - Liverpool vs AC Milan , 2005 Champions League final at Istanbul
day 02 - your least favourite match - Manchester United vs Chelsea , 2008 Champions League final at Luzhniki .
day 03 - A match that makes you happy: Liverpool vs Manchester United , March 6th 2011
day 04 - a match that makes you sad - Manchester United vs Aston Villa , April 2009
day 05 - a match that reminds you of someone - Liverpool vs Chelsea - Champions League Semifinal 1st leg - Apr 2008 (JA Riise)
day 06 - a match that reminds you of somewhere - Liverpool vs Blackburn Rovers , April 2009 - Heysel Tragedy .
day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain match - Hoppipola by Sigur Ros - Liverpool vs AC Milan , 2005 CL final
day 08 - a player who scored your favourite ever goal - Zlatan Ibrahimovic vs NAC Breda , 2005
day 09 - a player who made the biggest ever howler - Nani vs Liverpool , March 6 , 2011
day 10 - a match that made you (almost) fall asleep - Manchester City vs Manchester United , Nov 2010
day 11 - a player from your favourite team - John Flanagan , Liverpool
day 12 - a player from your least favourite team - Michael Carrick , Manchester United
day 13 - a team that is a guilty pleasure - Inter Milan

day 14 - a team that no one would expect you to love - Valencia

Don't know why , but supporting Valencia in the La Liga seems more than a mystery to my uni friends and all they say is "No Villa , no Silva , why would you still support a club that's in tatters ?? " . For that record , they are having an amazing season at the La Liga with last weekend's 5-0 mauling of Villarreal taking pole position . Joaquin is my Spanish Hero :thumbs

Same choice here. :lol

My Day 01 - Your Favorite Match - UEFA Champions League 08/09 Quarter Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 4-4 Liverpool
My Day 02 - Your Least Favorite Match - English Premier League 09/10 - Manchester City 0-0 Liverpool
My Day 03 - A Match That Makes You Happy - English Premier League 09/10 - Arsenal 0-3 Chelsea
My Day 04 - A Match That Makes You Sad - UEFA Champions League 08/09 Semi Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 1-1 Barcelona
My Day 05 - A Match That Reminds You of Someone - English Premier League 07/08 - Tottenham 4-4 Chelsea (Joe Cole)
My Day 06 - A Match That Reminds You of Somewhere - UEFA Champions League 10/11 Last 16 2nd Leg - Chelsea vs FC Copenhagen (Japan)
My Day 07 - A Song That Reminds You A Match - I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas (English Premier League 10/11 - Manchester City 1-2 Everton)
My Day 08 - A Player Who Scored Your Favorite Ever Goal - Frank Lampard in UEFA Champions League 07/08 Semi Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 3-2 Liverpool(aet)
My Day 10 - A Match That Made You (almost) Fell Asleep - English Premier League 09/10 - Manchester City 0-0 Liverpool

My Day 14 - A Team That No One Would Expect You To Love - Valencia

For whatever reasons, I have always liked Valencia since a few years ago. With or without David Silva and David Villa, they always have a pretty good squad. Soldado has done well for them this season and players like Mata and Pablo Hernandez deserve a mention too.

Furthermore, they have a good coach in Unai Emery who has done well despite Valencia's financial problems. It's a shame that they went out of the Champions League so early but they are sitting comfortably in 3rd after that 5-0 win over Villarreal. He is good tactically from what I've seen and is perhaps somewhat an underrated manager in Europe.

day 01 - your favourite match - Liverpool vs AC Milan , 2005 Champions League final at Istanbul
day 02 - your least favourite match - Manchester United vs Chelsea , 2008 Champions League final at Luzhniki .
day 03 - A match that makes you happy: Liverpool vs Manchester United , March 6th 2011
day 04 - a match that makes you sad - Manchester United vs Aston Villa , April 2009
day 05 - a match that reminds you of someone - Liverpool vs Chelsea - Champions League Semifinal 1st leg - Apr 2008 (JA Riise)
day 06 - a match that reminds you of somewhere - Liverpool vs Blackburn Rovers , April 2009 - Heysel Tragedy .
day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain match - Hoppipola by Sigur Ros - Liverpool vs AC Milan , 2005 CL final
day 08 - a player who scored your favourite ever goal - Zlatan Ibrahimovic vs NAC Breda , 2005
day 09 - a player who made the biggest ever howler - Nani vs Liverpool , March 6 , 2011
day 10 - a match that made you (almost) fall asleep - Manchester City vs Manchester United , Nov 2010
day 12 - a player from your least favourite team - Michael Carrick , Manchester United

day 15 - a player that inspires you - Dirk Kuyt , Liverpool

Just had to be Mr.Duracell .

My day 09: Iker Casillas in the 2010 World Cup match versus Switzerland, where he made that terrible error.

My day 10: 2010 World Cup: Paraguay V/S Spain Quarter-finals.
Was awake at night to watch this match, and it ended 0-1. Spain could've easily scored many goals, if they had put the ball into the box properly. Very boring match, although I did like Villa's late goal.

My day 11: Cristiano Ronaldo of Real Madrid.:D

My day 12: Pablo Zabaleta of Manchester City

My day 13: Netherlands, I don't like them much but I enjoy their style of play.

My day 14: We three have the same tastes JBlues and Haarithan, Valencia is also my choice. :p Despite financial problems and departure of many star players, they have been amazing.

My day 15: Diego Forlan for his impressive show in the World Cup, despite his failure at Atletico ATM.

My Day 07 - A Song That Reminds You A Match - I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas (EPL 10/11 - Manchester City 1-2 Everton)
My Day 08 - A Player Who Scored Your Favorite Ever Goal - Frank Lampard in UEFA Champions League 07/08 Semi Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 3-2 Liverpool

My Day 15 - A Player That Inspires You - Frank Lampard

Bar this season due to injuries, he arguably has been the most consistent and reliable player over the last few years for us.

Skipping today's challenge because there is no player that falls into the category for me.

My day 16:Fernando Torres.:p

Liked him when he was at Anfield.

day 16 - a player that you used to love but now hate - Fernando Torres , Chelsea

As easy as they come . :D

No surprises with the Torres choices there. :lol

Haha , that infact was very easy . But tbf , I never loved him , just had an enormous amount of respect for him which totally turned into hatred after his arrival in London . :D

My Day 07 - A Song That Reminds You A Match - I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas (EPL 10/11 - Manchester City 1-2 Everton)
My Day 08 - A Player Who Scored Your Favorite Ever Goal - Frank Lampard in UEFA Champions League 07/08 Semi Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 3-2 Liverpool
My Day 15 - A Player That Inspires You - Frank Lampard

My Day 17 - A Player Your Team Are Constantly Linked To - Kaka

Hope I did not misunderstand the challenge. :lol

Kaka has basically being linked to us since 2-3 years ago and even now, you'll still read news about the club wanting to buy him from time to time.

day 16 - a player that you used to love but now hate - Fernando Torres , Chelsea

day 17 - a player your team are constantly linked to - Diego Forlan , Atletico Madrid

Hmm , I have been constantly seeing reports of him being a possible replacement striker after Torres's departure , but even before Torres left , Forlan was a constant name that was voiced out while the transfer market was on .

Users who are viewing this thread