Champions League Winner
Profile Flag
India
:ind: :bat: Dilip Sardesai

Statistics
Tests:-
2001 runs @ 39.23 in 30 tests, 5 hundreds
First Class:- 10230 runs @41.75 in 179 matches

Vijay Merchant called Sardesai as "renaissance man of Indian cricket". He played a key role in both of India's famous away series wins in West Indies and England. In a match against New Zealand at Mumbai, India was imposed a follow on and he scored a double hundred which nearly won the game for India. He averaged nearly 55 in games where India remained unbeaten.
He will bat at 4, where he averages 48.56 in 17 innings.

1. :ind: :bat: Wasim Jaffer
  2. :eng: :bat: Andy Sandham
  3. :ind: :bat: Vijay Manjrekar
  4. :ind: :bat: Dilip Sardesai
  5. :sri: :ar: Arjuna Ranatunga
  6. :eng: :ar: Andrew Flintoff
  7. :saf: :wkb: Quinton de Kock
  8. :eng: :ar: Chris Woakes
  9. :wi: :ar: Learie Constantine
  10. :ind: :bwl: Ishant Sharma
  11. :wi: :bwl: Alf Valentine

The one player i would have loved to pick but missed out was Salim Durani as i had Andrew Flintoff as the all-rounder.
And Chris Woakes was right choice at the right moment, as he now averages 28.82.

Only @Bevab left

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Amar Singh's partner was a strike bowler with searing pace and the ability to cause fear in his opponents. While :wi::bwl:Patrick Patterson may not have the former's ability to skittle the stumps, he was quicker and more lethal at his peak. Patterson's international career only lasted for six years and by the end he had lost most of his rhythm and pace relying on sheer talent to bowl but how good was he in those six years? Highlights of his short career include the debut where he was called to be quicker than Malcolm Marshall himself, a very successful tour of India and the famous five-wicket haul versus Australia after Steve Waugh out of all people tried to bounce him out. He would eventually be dropped after a fallout with the administrators and then dropped out of the cricket scene with the only details of his life in the last quarter of a century coming out courtesy of a dogged Indian fan's journey to hear him out (I would recommend a read to anyone if possible, it is chilling and reveals just how troubled he was even from his early days and how with better management/counselling one of the finest talents of his day would not have been lost and would have achieved a lot more).

In my team, he will be the strike bowler (has one of the best strike-rates among the eligible players) and his inefficient days can be excused when he has the ability to provide you with breakthrough spells on his day and win the game in a session.

1. :sri::bat:Marvan Atapattu
  2. :saf::bat:Dean Elgar
  3. :aus::bat:Clem Hill
  4. :sri::bat:Roy Dias
  5. :eng::bat:Keith Fletcher
  6. :ban::ar:Shakib Al Hasan
  7. :nz::wk:BJ Watling
  8. :ind::ar:Amar Singh
  9. :wi::bwl:Patrick Patterson
  10. :eng::bwl:Matthew Hoggard
  11. :ind::bwl:Erapalli Prasanna:c:

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Amar Singh's partner was a strike bowler with searing pace and the ability to cause fear in his opponents. While :wi::bwl:Patrick Patterson may not have the former's ability to skittle the stumps, he was quicker and more lethal at his peak. Patterson's international career only lasted for six years and by the end he had lost most of his rhythm and pace relying on sheer talent to bowl but how good was he in those six years? Highlights of his short career include the debut where he was called to be quicker than Malcolm Marshall himself, a very successful tour of India and the famous five-wicket haul versus Australia after Steve Waugh out of all people tried to bounce him out. He would eventually be dropped after a fallout with the administrators and then dropped out of the cricket scene with the only details of his life in the last quarter of a century coming out courtesy of a dogged Indian fan's journey to hear him out (I would recommend a read to anyone if possible, it is chilling and reveals just how troubled he was even from his early days and how with better management/counselling one of the finest talents of his day would not have been lost and would have achieved a lot more).

In my team, he will be the strike bowler (has one of the best strike-rates among the eligible players) and his inefficient days can be excused when he has the ability to provide you with breakthrough spells on his day and win the game in a session.

1. :sri::bat:Marvan Atapattu
  2. :saf::bat:Dean Elgar
  3. :aus::bat:Clem Hill
  4. :sri::bat:Roy Dias
  5. :eng::bat:Keith Fletcher
  6. :ban::ar:Shakib Al Hasan
  7. :nz::wk:BJ Watling
  8. :ind::ar:Amar Singh
  9. :wi::bwl:Patrick Patterson
  10. :eng::bwl:Matthew Hoggard
  11. :ind::bwl:Erapalli Prasanna:c:
What a pick!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Been busy recently, not been able to participate in any drafts.

This seems to have been an interesting one. I am surprised Jimmy Cook, Peter Kirsten or Alan Lamb didn't get a look in!

I believe all these players are eligible and still available and so I'd humbly submit this XI for consideration:

1. Jimmy Cook - SA
  2. Nari Contractor - Ind
  3. Mark Butcher - Eng
  4. Peter Kirsten - SA (c)
  5. Alan Lamb - Eng
  6. Brian McMillan - SA
  7. Craig White - Eng
  8. Jack Russell - Eng
  9. Terry Jenner - Aus
  10. Kenny Benjamin - WI
  11. Devon Malcolm - Eng

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada

This seems to have been an interesting one. I am surprised Jimmy Cook, Peter Kirsten or Alan Lamb didn't get a look in!

I believe all these players are eligible and still available and so I'd humbly submit this XI for consideration:

1. Jimmy Cook - SA
  2. Nari Contractor - Ind
  3. Mark Butcher - Eng
  5. Alan Lamb - Eng
  6. Brian McMillan - SA
  7. Craig White - Eng
  8. Jack Russell - Eng
  9. Terry Jenner - Aus
  10. Kenny Benjamin - WI
  11. Devon Malcolm - Eng

For my final pick I almost went with Lamb, but ultimatly decided to go with Nathan Astle instead

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland

1. Jimmy Cook - SA
  2. Nari Contractor - Ind
  3. Mark Butcher - Eng
  5. Alan Lamb - Eng
  6. Brian McMillan - SA
  7. Craig White - Eng
  8. Jack Russell - Eng
  9. Terry Jenner - Aus
  10. Kenny Benjamin - WI
  11. Devon Malcolm - Eng
I was particularly surprised McMillan didn't go after flagging him up to everyone but it is what it is. Solid team this though

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Aye I was on the hunt for apartheid era cricketers who only played internationally past their peak but somehow managed to miss Jimmy Cook. :facepalm

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Last but not the least...
:bat: Chandu Borde

Chandu-Borde.jpg

View attachment 236126

@Parth D's Final Team
  1. :ind: :bat: Murali Vijay
  2. :ind: :ar: Ravi Shastri
  3. :ind: :bat: Sanjay Manjrekar
  4. :ind: :bat: MAK Pataudi
  5. :ind: :bat: Chandu Borde
  6. :ind: :wkb: MS Dhoni :c::wk:
  7. :ind: :ar: Irfan Pathan
  8. :ind: :ar: Harbhajan Singh
  9. :ind: :bwl: Srinivas Venkataraghavan
  10. :ind: :bwl: Zaheer Khan
  11. :ind: :bwl: Javagal Srinath

@Aislabie @CerealKiller complete the final filler.

:right: So this was my 1st Draft here (got completed first, hence.)

I decided to go with an all out Indian 40-30 Test team, because why not? However, there were so many instances where I was snatched off with many of the brilliant Indian picks by others. But credit to all them of finding excellent Indian picks (and snatching them at the right time). I didn't say a word, okay may be once. Rest of the times, I persevered. And persevered.

Ones those hurt the most:
:ind: :bwl: Ishant Sharma :x:
:ind: :bwl: Javagal Srinath :tick: (replacement)

:ind: :bat: Wasim Jaffer :x:
:ind: :bat: Murali Vijay :tick: (replacement)

:ind: :bwl: Erapilli Prasanna :x:
:ind: :bwl: Srinivas Venkataraghavan :tick: (replacement)

:ind: :bat: Vijay Manjrekar :x:
:ind: :bat: Sanjay Manjrekar :tick: (replacement) [oh the irony!]

*Didn't mention :ind: :ar: Vinoo Mankad as he was already been taken by Yash before even I begun putting up my team.

Good job @Yash., @Akshay., @Aislabie, @Bevab and @ahmedleo414

Didn't tag @CerealKiller in the above list as he didn't pick any Indian player. Thanks bud.​

The true test was in finding the apt batsmen for the apt positions. The Indian contingent is really diverse and batting heavy, although several of those have their averages above 40, hence become invalid. Speaks of the dominance of Indian Batsmen in Tests.

In conclusion, I feel that I still managed to build up a fitting team with batting as well as bowling depth, which is lead by one of the best captains of the game. The final and true judgement though, is in your hand.
Since this was my first (completed) draft, any reviews from the members will be helpful

Users who are viewing this thread