Draft: The Alphabet Draft 2 - Rise of the Vowels

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Eddie Barlow will bat at #2 for me. He averages over 50 at that position

From his cricinfo bio : Eddie Barlow was a cricketer straight out of Boy's Own - incessantly enthusiastic and imbued with bottomless confidence. His nickname, "Bunter", was as much confirmation of that as it was a reflection of his facial resemblance to Billy Bunter, the chunky, bespectacled, British schoolboy of juvenile fiction. But Barlow was an athlete, and one who prized himself on his fitness and stamina. He was one of the most popular players of his generation, and never gave less than his all as an obdurate opening batsman, an aggressive medium-pacer and a superb slip field. Commentator Charles Fortune once described the often-untidy Barlow as running in to bowl "looking like an unmade bed". After retirement, Barlow was a liberal voice in the conservative South African political establishment of the 1980s. He became a respected coach at provincial level, never without a theory that he said would lead to brighter cricket, and was appointed Bangladesh coach in 1999. However, a stroke in 2000 left him paralysed and he moved to north Wales where, despite his disabilities, he continued to coach locally. He died late in 2005 after a long battle against illness.

This makes all my 4 picks till now South African. Because of having both my openers as all rounders, I wanted my wk at 8 and I found one who batted at in 39.77% of his innings, so he wasnt a legal pick. Very unfortunate.
@Yash.

Khan Sahab54

#titans
PAK...
AFG...
Lions
RCB...
Zalmi
MS
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Shahriar Nafees Omar Phillips

Khan Sahab54

#titans
PAK...
AFG...
Lions
RCB...
Zalmi
MS
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Paul Stirling

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
1622741421278.png

:eng: :bat: Reginald 'Tip' Foster

Will bat at no. 4 for me. Writeup to be updated later

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Meh...not the best of people at 6 with "E". Gonna have to take Sean Ervine of Zimbabwe. His brother Craig was the better player but he doesn't make my 40% minimum. Sean wasn't too bad of a player in his own right, but he was more of a limited overs player at international level. At FC level he has decent, albeit not outstanding, stats. He can also chip in with some medium pace or off spin bowling from time to time. It's not ideal, but it's not terrible either. I'll take it.

Mittal2002

Club Captain
Alec-Stewart.jpg

I will go for ALEC STEWART for my second opening slot. He has played nearly 31% of his innings at no. 2, so he is eligible for me. He will be my CAPTAIN and WICKET KEEPER too.

He was the highest run scorer in tests in the decade of 1990s, surpassing some legends of the era. This talks about his consistency. He has scored 8463 runs with an average of nearly 40 for England in tests.
Overall, Stewart tallied 12000+ runs with Test cricket and ODIs put together. On the keeping front, Stewart effected 451 international dismissals.
He is one of those rare players who can do all the three things- opening, keeping and captaincy. This opens up many possibilities for the remaining positions my team.

Users who are viewing this thread