Story The Ashes Series 2005

Who will win the first test match of Ashes 2005?

• England

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It will end in a draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Poll Update

No winners from the poll : How much lead will Australia take in 1st innings?

50+
100+ Aussies r tops, jazz, littlegenius90, marty186, Pak_cricketer, saisrini80, The Champ, ZoraxDoom 8 88.89% (I was aiming for this :rolleyes: )
200+ FishBowlMan 1 11.11% (needs to back England more ;) )
England will take the lead (this looked very possible at one stage)

glad you guys are following the story so far..do vote in the next poll :cool:

Aussies r tops said:
Good start for the Aussies!

going to be a crucial day 2, would still back Aussies after their bowling performance in first innings.

1st Test at Lords - Day 2

Weather and pitch report: overcast conditions, pitch is looking bit hard.

...and we have a rain interruption here at Lords.

Attachments

• r.JPG
    r.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 47
Shailesh said:
200+ FishBowlMan 1 11.11% (needs to back England more ;) )
Whoops. Glad I didn't have to stake any reputation points on that one. I thought it was just me who had batting problems ;)

Some lovely screens in this thread. Luckily for the sponsors there was a rain delay. Otherwise if it continues like this we'll all be in the pub at the end of day 2. Good luck for the second innings.

EDIT: have tried to vote, but keep getting the message saying I have already voted in this poll. Probably for the best judging by my last prediction! :D

Last edited:
End of day 2

England have slowly and surely gained the upper hand at the end of day 2 thanks to some patient knocks by Vaughan and Thorpe. At the end of this rain affected day, England have reached 5 for 209, a lead of 201 and with Thorpe still not out there may be some anxious thoughts going on in the Aussies dressing room. A forgetful day for Gilchrist as he gave away 46 byes on a pitch with some variable bounce in it.
Day 3 coming up with the test match could still go either way..

Attachments

• a1.JPG
    a1.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 36
highlights of day 2

Attachments

• a2.JPG
    a2.JPG
    550.6 KB · Views: 39
Poll Update

No winners from the poll : Top scorer in England 2nd inning

Strauss littlegenius90, Rangeela 2 66.67%
Trescothick FishBowlMan 1 33.33%

let's see if anyone manages to guess correctly in the next one ;)

1st Test at Lords - Day 3

Pitch, weather: Normal, Weather not looking good for cricket - grey..

I've had to vote 'no' in the poll. That way I win on both counts. If he gets out before 100, I at least have finally guessed right in one of your polls :)

If he makes his ton, it then puts England in an excellent position to win the game :)

Either way - I can't lose! Come on England!!!

Sensational start to day 3 as Jason Gillespie ran thru England lower order (today's spell 2.1-2-0-5) here at Lords. England were all out for 211 losing their remaining 5 wickets for just 2 runs as Gillespie produced a superb spell of fast bowling.
So Australian openers will be going out sooner than everyone expected, with 204 to win, chances of rain and conditions to assist Hoggard and co., will we see some more drama in this entertaining test match..

Attachments

• a1.JPG
    a1.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 26
end of England 2nd inning

Attachments

• a2.JPG
    a2.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 28
Poll Update

We finally have a winner - fishbowlman wins the poll : Will Thorpe reach his 100

Yes brad352 50.00%
No FishBowlMan 50.00%

Not sure if he will be celebrating though? ;) on the other hand may be brad352 is glad he didn't win this one :cool:

do vote in the last poll for this test match, winners have a chance to win some reputation points :D :happy

Nice drop of bowling there by Gillespie. This could be another close finish. My heart says England, but my head (and the poll) says Australia. Time should not be a factor, and I've not yet had more than 1 day lost to rain - even with grey skies.

Users who are viewing this thread